Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fantasy Premier League: Pre-Season Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Premier League ‏@premierleague
    #FPL champion will win a 7-night break to the UK incl. VIP hospitality at two #BPL matches plus unique experiences courtesy of @VisitBritain

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Who is the 1 player that represents the best value for you?

Djibril Cisse could do well if he doesnt get too many red cards/broken legs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Post my finalized team to facebook for my friends to see???

The fcuk i will! :rolleyes:

So Hazard, and more interestingly, Siggurdsson opened their accounts for their respective clubs last night.

Siggursson at 9m was a complete turnoff for me, and even more so when I saw that the top midfielder is only 10m.

But...he could be a phenom at Spurs with the likes of Bale, Ade, VDV, Modric and Lennon around him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Post my finalized team to facebook for my friends to see???

The fcuk i will! :rolleyes:

No serious player will use that feature truthfully.. plenty dummy teams will be seen though!

I don't need facebook to tell me one of my mates teams anyway. It will feature De Gea, Rooney (C), a 3rd United player, John Terry, Richard Dunne, no Liverpool players and no City players. It's the same every season!

• Advertisement

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    No serious player will use that feature truthfully.. plenty dummy teams will be seen though!

I don't need facebook to tell me one of my mates teams anyway. It will feature De Gea, Rooney (C), a 3rd United player, John Terry, Richard Dunne, no Liverpool players and no City players. It's the same every season!

Yeah, I have won my hometown league every year since I joined it. i don't want them just copying my team. The funny thing is that they'd be too lazy to check my team in the FPL website but would probably do something if it was on facebook.

A tool for the masses, not for the better players.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

FutureGuy wrote: »
    So Hazard, and more interestingly, Siggurdsson opened their accounts for their respective clubs last night.

Siggursson at 9m was a complete turnoff for me, and even more so when I saw that the top midfielder is only 10m.

But...he could be a phenom at Spurs with the likes of Bale, Ade, VDV, Modric and Lennon around him.
    I just don't think I can spend 9 mil on Siggy. Like would he really be a better option than Bale or VDV? He scored yesterday but it seems to risky. but I said that last season. I suppose we will see how the rest of pre season goes

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭omniscient_toad

That Spurs midfield looks to be a case of wait and see, Modric could be gone by the time the season starts and it remains to be seen how VdV and Siggy slot in with both tending to get their goals from an attacking midfield position close behind the striker, Bale was playing through the center as well at times.

Transfer shenanigans notwithstanding I think I might go for a similarly priced 8/9 mill option from another team leaving me an easy swap to bring in whoever looks the most threatening from the Spurs bunch. With a lot of attacking, potentially points scoring players, a new manager, and transfer ins and outs it's a bit of a dice roll at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Tis gone live lads! Season doesn't seem so far away!

And we're off.. it's open!

• Advertisement

And we're off.. it's open!

cheers bud, entry no. 805 :p

manual_man wrote: »

634 :D

634 :D

git. lol

rules look unchanged, for the record...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Good promotion players?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Anyone know what i click on to see my previous history in the game. Used to be in previous incarnations of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I think a lot of people will be struggling with their teams now that Shane Ferguson has risen in price to 4.5 million :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

rules look unchanged, for the record...

yeah main one i was wondering about has not anyway

*You have £100.0m to spend on a squad of 15 players, with no more than 3 players from any single team.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Screenshot2012-07-19at114259AM.png

first draft, happy enough with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I wouldn't have Downing near my team to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Is there a boards league code yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    I wouldn't have Downing near my team to be honest.

obv going to wait and see what comings and goings happen with Liverpool, but I'd def like one of their mids in my team

Degag wrote: »
    Anyone know what i click on to see my previous history in the game. Used to be in previous incarnations of the game.

View Gameweek history, Right hand side of the "My Team" page just under your kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    obv going to wait and see what comings and goings happen with Liverpool, but I'd def like one of their mids in my team
    It'll be interesting to see what Rodgers does with Liverpool but it may take time for them to adapt to his philosophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

I'm struggling. It's hard.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Ah hello, we're back up and running.

On first glance, it does look quite tricky.
    A player that caught my eye is Caulker at Spurs at 5m..could be a bargain....he's better than Kaboul but maybe AVB wont agree with me :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Things I've noted:

Best strikers are much higher value than the best midfielders, while good strikers are the same value as the best midfielders. Therefore midfielders, for once, seem to be as valuable as strikers. But you can have 5 mids..... only 3 strikers to go around.

As for defenders, they seem even in value with the rest it's just there are absolutely 0 bargains. Anyone on any team that had a reasonably good defence last season is now 5.5-7 million. (Swansea and partly Newcastle the exceptions) I, for one, am counting on Reading being the new Swansea. I can't count on Swansea maintaining their defensive form now with Rodgers and Caulker gone. Same goes for Newcastle, I'm always iffy about their defence. Hopefully we'll see another Swansea in the 3 promoted teams, we'll need one.

Another thing on the mids is that there is so much potential value in the 6 million price range. I mean, a serious amount of value. Most notable are Nolan and Llalanna . Sess is also still classed a midfielder and can't be overlooked at 8 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

my-team

Left 2M in bank so i can get the roon GW2/3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

RB100 wrote: »
    my-team

Left 2M in bank so i can get the roon GW2/3

Picture not showing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I've a front three of RVP, Rooney and Ageuro with Kagawa in midfield and Kompany at the back and Vorm in goal. Rest of my team is cat.

Advertisement