Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Free Money Betting Superthread 2011/12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

profitius wrote: »
    How about Connacht @ 2/1? They have almost a full team against Treviso who are missing 12 players.

Stuck a few on Connacht at 9/5 on PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Gracelessly Tom

duckysauce wrote: »
    got him before it changed owe you a beer if he comes in.

I'll hold you to that! Mind you if he does finish top I reckon we owe ourselves a serious night out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Stuck a few on Connacht at 9/5 on PP.

Are Connacht not a spent force now having lost some of their key players like Keatley and Carr? Still my luck can only improve so I might give them a lash - sorry lads. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Are Connacht not a spent force now having lost some of their key players like Keatley and Carr? Still my luck can only improve so I might give them a lash - sorry lads. :D
    12 Treviso players at the RWC. Its enough for most people to be willing to give it a lash. I'm not going to try it because Connacht made a huge amount of changes to the squad and I'm not sure they will be familiar enough wih each other to succeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

I'll hold you to that! Mind you if he does finish top I reckon we owe ourselves a serious night out!

if he comes in I will buy you your own keg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I threw a fiver each way on it @ 500/1. If he's injured so be it but couldn't refuse those odds!:D

Likewise. Really ridiculous odds. I'l buy you a nice bottle of whiskey!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Likewise. Really ridiculous odds. I'l buy you a nice bottle of whiskey!

Would you not be afraid PaddyPower will quote the "palpable error" rule?

As its PP I say they'd honour it, they do PR very well.

There'll be some shouting in at least three homes during the Samoa games so!:D

Yeah, it is a slight worry but the fact they have taken the bet and not been in touch to say there is a problem is good... I hope.

They must have copped it very quickly as the odds changed. Reckon if it's a small risk they'll leave it be. As you say, they're genius with the auld PR stuff.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Little bit, but I'm not so sure bringing something in from 500/1 to 80/1 really counts as a palpable error. It's not like they made the odds 20/1 instead of 1/20 or anything like that. Anyway, I don't really expect the bet to come in!

• Advertisement

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Little bit, but I'm not so sure bringing something in from 500/1 to 80/1 really counts as a palpable error. It's not like they made the odds 20/1 instead of 1/20 or anything like that. Anyway, I don't really expect the bet to come in!

Yeah, realistically we're on the each way chance. Never know, he could get 4 tries and nick a top 4 spot. Chances of him being top scorer are slim to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,815 ✭✭✭✭emmet02

Yeah, realistically we're on the each way chance. Never know, he could get 4 tries and nick a top 4 spot. Chances of him being top scorer are slim to be honest.

Or you can hope that he's in the primary group of big try scorers after the group stages, his price comes down to 25/1 and you can lay some gtd profit on betfair against him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Hope none of you win a cent because I missed it by a minute or two and I'm a jealous begrudging bastard. :mad:

Not really though :D

But yeah a little bit :(

its odd he was 50/1 when i backed him on 17 july then he goes to 500/1 :confused:, they can stick palpable error up their hole as he is an outsider , COME on SAMOA

its odd he was 50/1 when i backed him on 17 july then he goes to 500/1 :confused:, they can stick palpable error up their hole as he is an outsider , COME on SAMOA

Where is Tuilagi available at 500/1?

In other news, 9/5 on Connacht. :)

Where is Tuilagi available at 500/1?

In other news, 9/5 on Connacht. :)

He was 500/1 for a while last night with PP. A few of us managed to get on him before they put him into 80/1.

This weekend I'm backing Munster -10 at 10/11 at home to Dragons.
    How about Ospreys vs Leinster tonight. Looks like a lethal Leinster backline and I reckon Leinster to win at 10/11 is easy money. :D
    emmet02 wrote: »
    Don't like the HC bet on Munster, and don't like the win bet on Leinster either.

Gl though!

Ship, Ship.

Sorry boys!

Ship, Ship.

Sorry boys!

Good Munster performance tonight saw me 'only' :rolleyes: €40 down - will I ever learn.

Good Munster performance tonight saw me 'only' :rolleyes: €40 down - will I ever learn.

nope :D me neither lost money i made on connaught

• Advertisement

Ship, Ship.

Sorry boys!

ship ship ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Had 2 small bets this weekend

Leinster -9 :mad:

4 home provinces winning accumulator :mad:

God damn you Leinster

ship ship ? :confused:

took the opposite side of the two bets that the lads were on.

Gone for Gloucester to score over 8.5 in the 1st half @ 5/6. Northampton have lost a few players to the RWC and Gloucester seem to have a strong enough side. Surely they can get at least 3 penalties in the first half??

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭rockman15

Gone for Gloucester to score over 8.5 in the 1st half @ 5/6. Northampton have lost a few players to the RWC and Gloucester seem to have a strong enough side. Surely they can get at least 3 penalties in the first half??

took that myself. still cant see why James Downey isnt gone to NZ.

Had 1st half points on munster last night, leinster cost me, ulster first half points as well. up over the weekend.

Nice one!:D

Nice one!:D

Bit miffed as I only went for Northants to get more than 11.5 in the 1st half. I looked at and was going to go for Glos. more than 8.5 and more than 18.5 points in total in the 1st half but after yesterday's losses...

Just lost on more than 18.5 in 1st half in the Llanelli vs Aironi game (9-6HT) but I am hoping to make it up with a win on Kilkenny in the hurling. :D

Lyon v Toulouse - Gone for McAllister to score a try @13/2, 2 @45/1 and 3 @ 500/1. Dream debut anyone?:)

I was feeling reckless after my 'enormous' win on Kilkenny in the GAA but not that reckless. I gave Toulouse a lash as well but only on more than 18.5 points in the 1st half and Jauzion to score a try - might have another look at McAlister now. :D

• Advertisement

Did a saver of over 2.5 tries in the game - If it comes up and McAllister fails to bag a try it'll cover me with a little profit for good measure.

Advertisement