Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chewing Gum

• 05-01-2012 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭

Is it ok to have an endless amount of chewing gum while on a diet?Really takes care of the cravings.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,595 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Laxative effects are not nice.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭lynchy101

dahat wrote: »
    Laxative effects are not nice.........

Depends which way you look at it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Am, I did this once, for months I ate chewing gum in between meals, I was only 15 and actually not trying to lose weight, just trying to stop eating sweets. I ended up doing it so much that I couldn't eat full meals any more and had to be brought to the doctor. He said I had basically suppressed my appetite so much that the capacity of it had shrunk, you swallow a lot of air chewing it and keeps your digestive acids working and this had made me eat a lot less, couldn't stomach a full dinner by the end of it.

Advertisement