Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Barber in Limerick II

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

tuesdays, (that'd be today then says you!), but yeah, if you call belissimo and ask for Lisa, she'll probably squeeze you in after six o clock this evening! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

xsiborg wrote: »
    tuesdays, (that'd be today then says you!), but yeah, if you call belissimo and ask for Lisa, she'll probably squeeze you in after six o clock this evening! :)

Lousy,working til 8 tonite!

oh well,guess I'll have to pay for my hair cut tomorrow! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Raiser, over a month has gone by. Did you ever get that haircut?:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I cant understand how people spend that kind of money on a haircut. I havent been into a barbers in over 5 years now, i bought a head razor back then and have saved myself 100's if not 1000's of euros. I dont even use that anymore, i just shave my head as im shaving my neck and trimming my beard now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I dont understand people that would let someone to cut their hair for free or for training purposes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mc Love wrote: »
    I dont understand people that would let someone to cut their hair for free or for training purposes

What's there to understand? You get a free hair-cut, some young person gets to learn their trade, everybody wins!

Yeah but more likely you will end up with a ****e haircut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Mc Love wrote: »
    Yeah but more likely you will end up with a ****e haircut

i'd tend to disagree with you here, unless you think your locks should only grace the covers of "attitude" magazine! :rolleyes:

as i said, i'd be very picky about the way i like my hair cut, which is why if you look in the other "barbers" thread, i had no problem going to Figaros and paying €21 for a haircut, because i got exactly what I wanted, as opposed to a short, back n sides, for €13.50.

i only went to belisimo once, and the girl was extremely professional and guided and overseen by her manager at every stage.

was it a risk? absolutely! i could have ended up with a ****e haircut, but i didnt, which is why i made the recommendation. i've often paid a lot more for a lot worse!

however, i digress, you are entitled to your opinion... ;)

xsiborg wrote: »
    i'd tend to disagree with you here, unless you think your locks should only grace the covers of "attitude" magazine! :rolleyes:

as i said, i'd be very picky about the way i like my hair cut, which is why if you look in the other "barbers" thread, i had no problem going to Figaros and paying €21 for a haircut, because i got exactly what I wanted, as opposed to a short, back n sides, for €13.50.

i only went to belisimo once, and the girl was extremely professional and guided and overseen by her manager at every stage.

was it a risk? absolutely! i could have ended up with a ****e haircut, but i didnt, which is why i made the recommendation. i've often paid a lot more for a lot worse!

however, i digress, you are entitled to your opinion... ;)

Fair enough, I would also pay the 21 euro and go to figaros

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Went to try out Carols today and last Saturday and it was closed up on both days.

With luck it is because she is on holiday or something as I generally hate seeing places close down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Hope she isnt closed down. Shes a lovely woman, could be on holidays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

The prices in Ali's Barbers has risen to €10 Mon-Thurs and €13 on the weekends. Anyone know of any other cheap barbers around town?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,147 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Jigga wrote: »
    The prices in Ali's Barbers has risen to €10 Mon-Thurs and €13 on the weekends. Anyone know of any other cheap barbers around town?

I was informed this morning with the gown thing around me that the price was €13 and would I still like a cut?

He then said "do you think you will come back now that the prices are back up"

So in good recessionary times I said "NO!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 whodyamacallit

Ali's puttin their prices up, that's a pain, main reason i was going was coz of the price... was only going for a haircut today as well, sickened... i feel wronged... in saying that though, i've always come away with a decent haircut when i've gotten everyone except the me one in the corner on the right...... she's a bit reckless when she's trying to make it seem like she's good...

I think paying 10 quid for a haircut anywhere is enough anyway, unless you're gettin dyes or shapes/designs shaved into your hair...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭Tefral

Dave Gillespie is one of the best barbers in Limerick, i used to go to Identity down in Caherdavin to get my Haircut. I didnt know where he went after it closed.

Ill be going back to him now anyway.

In the mean time i have been going to barbarellos there in Raheen when im in Limerick €14

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Van Occupanther

Got to add to the big ups for Carol on Mallow St. Took my son in today for a cut, his first one. She put him totally at ease, did a great job and he really enjoyed the whole thing. Lovely woman too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 whodyamacallit

Barberello's in Corbally is €16, i've went there a few times too because its close to me... I think that's paying bit over the odds though... I used always get my haircuts at home for free until i changed my hairstyle...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,147 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Barberello's in Corbally is €16, i've went there a few times too because its close to me... I think that's paying bit over the odds though... I used always get my haircuts at home for free until i changed my hairstyle...

Change back. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Retro is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

+1 for Dave!! Got my haircut cut with him on Friday, super job he did aswell!!

He's movin out to a new shop in Patrickswell from tomorrow afaik!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭manaboutdog

Any place open in town after 6 this evening for a haircut?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Dat place in thomondgate, just down from topaz as you head towards thomond park! Not sure what its called, think its razors!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭frank gallagher

Figaros

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Donie_007

Hey lads, just wondering, does anyone know where that young lad who used to work in Figaro now gone, he was the best in there?!

And who actually owns figaro, thanks?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

Just bumping this thread , Dave who used to be in the gentry has opened up his own barbers in caherdavin sc just beside the wokking, Chops & Cuts it's called , still charging the same price one of the best barbers around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

15€ for gents and 10€ for oaps he was saying

Donie_007 wrote: »
    Hey lads, just wondering, does anyone know where that young lad who used to work in Figaro now gone, he was the best in there?!

And who actually owns figaro, thanks?!

The Hacketts (Brian and Eric iirc). Brian has won loads of awards. Basically you pay for what you get!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭DOBBER112

Johnny's Barber Shop
    Whitethorns The Orchard, Limerick City
    061-334869

Real professional and €10 a cut for regulars, also theres a loyalty card in place so for every 5 cuts you get a bottle of hair product and your next cut free. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

RVN10 wrote: »
    Just bumping this thread , Dave who used to be in the gentry has opened up his own barbers in caherdavin sc just beside the wokking, Chops & Cuts it's called , still charging the same price one of the best barbers around.

This would be very handy for me,I hate changing barbers though.It's almost like breaking up with a girl :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daca88

RVN10 wrote: »

Good to see he's back open, i'll be returning to him now that he is close by again.
    Barbarello's opened in his old unit in Caherdavin a few weeks back, €14 i think it was, one of the better cuts i have had and was literally only there for 10 minutes. Foreign guy cutting the hair there, no nonsense outta him and he knows what he is doing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement