Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Unusual' Things You've Seen In A Pub

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

benwavner wrote: »
    I once saw a midget in a pram in a bar. Freaked my out bigtime!

I thought it was a small child...........then it started talking to me in an old man voice!
    AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I saw Vincent Browne wrestle with the ghost of Éamon de Valera in The Lombard on Pearse Street one evening.

Granted I was on acid at the time but it still seemed odd that de Valera was doing WWF-style moves on poor old Vinnie.

AnonoBoy, you're lucky you weren't out with benwavner that night. Could have been a disastrous trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭budgemook

Biggins - Is there anything that hasn't happened to you / your mates / in your presence?

Next you'll be saying the IRA stuck a bomb up your mates hole!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

budgemook wrote: »
    Biggins - Is there anything that hasn't happened to you / your mates / in your presence?

Next you'll be saying the IRA stuck a bomb up your mates hole!

Wouldn't fit. They are all tight arses! :D
    Pass the lubricant would ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

A pint for 2 eur. Never seen that before.......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Too many things to mention about my local they wouldn't even make sense in a gravity and physical-abiding world.

Cue ball flies off the pool table, hitting the giant flat screen TV and breaking it. Pub owner brings his own fancy TV down as a temporary replacement and on the same day cue ball flies off the pool table, hitting the fancy TV and breaking it.

Old drunk gets into a fight with the pub owner, the two of them wrestling on the ground, a couple of people starts laying into the drunk, I go to pull him off and then......WHACK!!!...............some bright spark threw one of the thick wooden barstools hoping somehow it would dodge everyone and land on the drunk..............it didn't and instead cracked me on the head full power! :(

Random French guys came in working for a popular TV station in France filming a documentary about Ireland and decided to hang around and record our whole Saturday night, nice blokes and they got pissed with us..............though I couldn't understand a word they said.

The next week 3 young jock Americans came in and couldn't hack their drink and being loud and patronising as hell. Everyone in the pub filled them with pure Irish shìte (Go up to the bar and order yourself a pint of "Uisce", tis' gorgeous.)

I've seen the entire pub fight, like one of those old western barfights. Crazy!

Watched a Russian and a Chechen have a political fight. The Russian battered the Chech.

Stray black kitten to used hang round the back before the pub owner took it in. The creepy thing just sits behind the bar on a stool and stares at you. :pac:

Quite a few people have dropped dead at the bar. :eek:

Too many to mention, amount of times I'm sure the lad's at college never believed me when I told them what happened every weekend.

Made a little in-joke video on the pub with me old Nokia mobile a good while ago:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭delricyo

Compared to the stories above - mine is nothing outrageous

In Brussels, I saw some bouncers trying to refuse entry to a group of lads.
    Big fight followed - which ended up with one of the bouncers being stabbed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Once or twice, women came onto me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

This old fart is just that - old.
    I've had the experience of being in many places and done many things.
    Ye all will get there at some stage.

As for some the stuff I mentioned already...

Here is Durty Nellies bar at (or was beside the Cinema and Laser-quest at the time, now gone) at 111 Bradshawgate st, Bolton:
    http://i50.tinypic.com/148q5y1.jpg

Here are the ullage buckets that a certain WELL known establishment used to get all the slops from a bar and refill the kegs with!
    2mfyrgo.jpg

Here is the door entrance of the Disco-bar where the doorman got the blow-job by a teen - and no, the people in this are just staff at the time.
    2hqvuav.jpg

I also had the experience of being blown off my feet by the Manchester bomb and when I manage to dig those days pics up, post them I will.

I'm old. I've been around the block a few times.
    Everyone have their own life experiences. Another 20 years time and folk won't believe half the crap that others like yourself will have been through either.

...but thats life. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭ Adrienne Delicious Womb

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    mate got his knob shoved into a jar of mustard ,while he was asleep.
    then the mustard was put back on the table:eek:
    wudangclan wrote: »
    "Say cheese..."

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Was at the "i'm so drunk i'll just stare at my feet" stage of the night but when i did manage to look up my mate was in a full on argument with Huey Morgan from the fun lovin criminals

• Advertisement

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Where's that place? I'm sure i recognise it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

A Guiness being poured straight, suffice to say that it wasn't in Ireland and the old man gave the bar man a light hearted bollicking. :pac:

Some scumbag bit my mate's ear on the dancefloor in a club that shall remain nameless........The Blacker.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

budgemook wrote:
    Where's that place? I'm sure i recognise it

The Cosy Bar is in Castlerea, Co. Roscommon.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    A Guiness being poured straight, suffice to say that it wasn't in Ireland and the old man gave the bar man a light hearted bollicking. :pac:

Some scumbag bit my mate's ear on the dancefloor in a club that shall remain nameless........The Blacker.

Saw people pour Guinness that way many times.

Oh and someone got their nose bitten off in a place (owned by a recently deceased irish music star) where i'm from.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Some ugly fat **** eating the face (not zombie like) off a stunning 6' dark haired hottie! I cried a little internally. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

How he dare he score with a good looking woman!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

How he dare he score with a good looking woman!

I doubt the poster is talking about a female....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

A woman about 25 showing the whole pub her new boob job, needless to say my boyfriend got a good look, not that it was his fault, she was flaunting them right in front of us!!!!!!

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    A woman about 25 showing the whole pub her new boob job, needless to say my boyfriend got a good look, not that it was his fault, she was flaunting them right in front of us!!!!!!
    If it was brand new that must have been pretty disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

If it was brand new that must have been pretty disgusting

She must have went to a good surgeon, a tiny little nick under each, they did look as though she didnt have them long!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

A famous Irish comedian getting a smack from an irate punter in a bar in Galway because he kept leaning over him at the bar.

A buddy on his stag getting head from a hen in the castlecourt.

I threw a bucket of ice on a couple having a ride in the bar I was working on a Saturday night. They were ruining my view - ugly fcuks.

Part of the 95 Cavan football team going on the rampage in the kings head in Galway. Cleared the bar of staff and punters. How they got away with it I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭theparish

A drunk lad at the bar with a pint in his hand who fell off of his stool and landed on his arse still holding the pint glass in his hand without spilling a drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Moss Keane taking a leak up against the bar in Landsdowne RC without missing a beat. Place was packed, he was barred.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Johnnio13 wrote: »
    A famous Irish comedian getting a smack from an irate punter in a bar in Galway because he kept leaning over him at the bar.

TT? Think I might have been there.....

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

Two attention whore girls eating the face off each other, one of them slips, drags the other down with her, and they bang faces, resulting in a chipped tooth!
    So satisfying, on many different levels!

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,943 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

A girl with a mouse in the breast pocket of her cardigan. At first it was pointed out to me that she appeared to have some sort of hyper alien boob with a life of its own as there seemed to be much wriggling and moving in that general area. Then a mouse popped it's head out of the pocket. All the girls at the surrounding tables were unashamedly staring straight at her chest all night in case the mouse tried to make a break for freedom.

An only in Galway experience I think. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Spore

Ah yes the blacker or now under it's new appelation 'Liz Delaneys' scene of many a nights fond canoodling and what not. A mate of mine works there - he's had a few hairy incidents including one with a chap that on being barred returns with a shotgun running amock threatening anyone and anything near the pub shouting: "bar me will yis, I'll show the bollix lot of yis!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

Seen a fella walking a horse out of the Cardiff in Finglas once. Although that didn't really surprise me and for that pub not much that goes on in there is unusual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Teutorix wrote: »

SPARTAAAAA!!!!!!!!

*KICKS OVER THE BAR*

KICKS OVER YOUR FACE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

A one armed man (who later beat me at pool) receiving a handjob at the bar from another man.

Pocket pool was it?

Advertisement