Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nazi experiments on humans.

• 27-08-2013 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Does anyone else find the accounts of these experiments fascinating?

Chilling stuff.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Ciotola wrote: »

Chilling stuff.

See ya :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Don't think fascinating is the right word to use

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

"Fascinating"?

Can't say I have dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Chilling stuff.

No more chilling than the Americans irradiating middle american towns in secret including pregnant women to study the effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

They pale in comparison to the antics of Unit 731, the Japanese chemical weapons research division during WWII.
    Someone once linked me to a film called "Men Behind the Sun" in a thread about shocking movie torture scenes. What has been seen, can never be unseen, and having read about the unit since then it would appear that what's depicted in the film is a sunny picnic compared to the kind of things they actually got up to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

• Advertisement

Chilling stuff.

It's horrific, depraved, repulsive.

Watching a spider spin a web is fascinating.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I really can't agree with the use of the word fascinating in this sense. If it was 'fascinating', it would imply that you have/could potentially have a fascination with them. That sounds a bit weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

They pale in comparison to the antics of Unit 731, the Japanese chemical weapons research division during WWII.
    Someone once linked me to a film called "Men Behind the Sun" in a thread about shocking movie torture scenes. What has been seen, can never be unseen, and having read about the unit since then it would appear that what's depicted in the film is a sunny picnic compared to the kind of things they actually got up to.

well that was......interesting. :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

It would be hard to say that human experiments never happened with the nazi's.

No smoke without fire and all....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

god wi...

oh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Ever read about the radiation exposure one? that one is mad

Group of people were selected to be subject to various tests. Anyway, the group of them are in the waiting room and have been instructed to fill out various forms about medical history etc. for the upcoming tests.

meanwhile they're being blasted with a crap load of gamma radiation to see what would happen. :eek:

I didn't read much, but it's going to stay with me.

Upsetting.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I can nazi how anyone has resisted the urge make a pun.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

It would be hard to say that human experiments never happened with the nazi's.

No smoke without fire and all....

Who has claimed they didn't happen? There's massive amounts of evidence behind them. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Candie wrote: »
    It's horrific, depraved, repulsive.

Watching a spider spin a web is fascinating.

Spiders are horrific, depraved, and repulsive.

And whether you like it or not, the cruel human experiments which the nazis conducted contributed enormously to modern medicine.

(i'm not condoning or supporting these experiments, I just agree that they were facinating and that spiders are disgusting)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ciotola

Ever read about the radiation exposure one? that one is mad

Group of people were selected to be subject to various tests. Anyway, the group of them are in the waiting room and have been instructed to fill out various forms about medical history etc. for the upcoming tests.

meanwhile they're being blasted with a crap load of gamma radiation to see what would happen. :eek:

I believe they were doing it to sterilise the participants.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Stojkovic

The Nazis werent the first and they certainly wont be the last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

I was always fasci(st)nated by the Nazi space program and how Hitler managed to escape to his secret bunker on the moon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Check out 'Philosophy Of A Knife'

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0961119/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I didn't get as upset or angry reading that as I do when I hear about animal vivisection...

Walks away...secretly terrified for one's own humanity and perspective :/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 21,934 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Human experimentation still goes on in parts of the world. Many survivors of North Korean prison camps report prisoners being experimented on and military defectors have claimed that special forces test chemical and biological weapons on mentally handicapped prisoners, including children.

Some of their testimonies are really disturbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

It is shocking stuff, I rememeber reading about some of the treatments and things that came from the experiments, such as colon cancer treatment, G-force and flight stress tests etc. Most of our medical knowledge on cold and how to reverse or stop affect of extreme weather came from the Nazi experiments.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,042 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

No more chilling than the Americans irradiating middle american towns in secret including pregnant women to study the effects.

Some of the stuff the Americans done is just beyond belief. It makes Nazi experimentation look almost humane.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unethical_human_experimentation_in_the_United_States

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Stojkovic wrote: »
    The Nazis werent the first and they certainly wont be the last.
    Nope. It wasn't just the Axis at it, and it wasn't just a WWII phenomenon either. The US government carried out a study on 600 black Americans afflicted with syphilis in which they allowed the disease to run its course without intervention, though they were informed that they were receiving treatment. The experiment started in 1932 and ran for 40 years, decades after a simple antibiotic treatment was discovered.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_syphilis_experiment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

I have read a good bit of these pages, all i can say is

holy Fück

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Caonima

OP is listening to a little too much Slayer today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

The Japanese were sadistic as be damned. The worst of the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Werid to think couples who under go IFV today may have had some of the treatments which start in death camps. http://voices.yahoo.com/modern-day-science-adopts-information-gathered-from-10330127.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Lots of medical breakthroughs are the result of human experimentation, not that I would condone it at all, however if I was to be saved by a treatment that was developed in this way, I wouldn't be turning it away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

While it will never be condoned or widely acknowledged, the fact is that the vast majority of the knowledge possessed by modern doctors about human physiology and the endurance of the human body to extremes of cold, heat, air pressure, drinking seawater, etc. comes directly from a lot of experiments carried out by Nazi doctors in their concentration camp "hospitals".

It is also a fact that the majority of clinical studies in the fields of medicine, psychology, etc. are all based on case studies. Why? Because it is morally, ethically and medically wrong to experiment on humans as the after-effects could be disastrous.

I think there is a memorial stone at the camp in Auschwitz that simply reads "Never Again". We can only live in hope that it never does happen again.

Advertisement