Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TODAYS CHEAPEST PETROL THREAD!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

is it just me or does anyone else find the petrol in Emo Clare street water??put 20e in last wednesday (have a 1.4) got me to work in castleconnell twice i put 20e saturday into it at Maxol Dalys Cross when my light came on and im still a quather full and ive done 4 trips to castleconnell from town since :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭phog

is it just me or does anyone else find the petrol in Emo Clare street water??put 20e in last wednesday (have a 1.4) got me to work in castleconnell twice i put 20e saturday into it at Maxol Dalys Cross when my light came on and im still a quather full and ive done 4 trips to castleconnell from town since :eek:

I would use it fairly often and haven't noticed any reduced mileage and I do checks fairly often. I use there or Groody mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,059 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Stopped getting my diesel there ages ago as I always seemed to get less miles from a full tank. Stopped getting it at Tescos too, found the car down on power a little after filling there. Tend to stick with Maxol or Topaz now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Have also heard this so never bother going there. Usually go to amber on the old cork road or apple green if i'm out that way.

I never really notice a difference in petrol stations to be honest. I usually get about the same mileage out of a full tank no matter where I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Never noticed anything wrong with Emo Diesel. Its the same as every other station. I usually go wherever the best price is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Seamus B

Low Price Fuels (Kilcornan) was closed yesterday afternoon when i passed. Last week they were 143.9 for Diesel and 155.9 for petrol.
    They didn't last long if they are closed. About 2 months.
    It has to be dodgy fuel at that price, the man who has/had the lease is from Monaghan, so you can guess where he is getting the fuel, well thats my thoughts anyway.

I wonder do they sell any ink for printers out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭manna452121

Seamus B wrote: »
    Low Price Fuels (Kilcornan) was closed yesterday afternoon when i passed. Last week they were 143.9 for Diesel and 155.9 for petrol.
    They didn't last long if they are closed. About 2 months.
    It has to be dodgy fuel at that price, the man who has/had the lease is from Monaghan, so you can guess where he is getting the fuel, well thats my thoughts anyway.
    Have a look at my post 562

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

padma wrote: »
    or else exploiting visitors to the hospital

I would imagine this being the main reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Brian Lighthouse

€1.549/l at Amber, Old Cork Road, today at lunchtime.
    €1.599/l at Topaz, Thomondgate this morning.
    €1.600/l at both Singland/Groody this afternoon.

I haven`t seen 5c gap in a long time.

Damn, I`m starting to doubt myself. I`m wondering was it Diesel that was displayed on top? Amber usually have the petrol on top don`t they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

And a 10c difference if you compare the cheapest on your list to the 164.9 at the Topaz beside the Regional hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

The custom people were doing a major check at the Kilcornan station/Coach Inn in the last hour also Garda had a truck stopped at the nearby church.
    I noticed that had reopened, and was tempted by their prices but I held off because (like Seamus B) I figured it had to be the same kind of set-up as the crowd in Pennywell, whose shítty laundered Norn Iron diesel goosed my air flow mass meter, costing me €120... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Brian Lighthouse

Sorry lads,
    In a liberal democracy "cartels" don`t exist, you all need to upgrade your vocabulary to version LibDem2.012. The accepted term is "oligopoly".

Here is a definition:
    ol·i·gop·o·ly/ˌäliˈgäpəlē/

Noun:A state of limited competition, in which a market is shared by a small number of producers or sellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Tesco Coonagh was €1.559 for diesel yesterday.

Damn, I`m starting to doubt myself. I`m wondering was it Diesel that was displayed on top? Amber usually have the petrol on top don`t they?

The diesel was €1,547 there last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Ya i got petrol there recently and only got 209 miles from 40 euro, ran out of petrol on the way home from college cos of it! i put in 40 euro in singland motors at a more expensive price and got 220 out of it so ya i reckon its not great petrol out there.

very useful thread by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Chawkes Texaco was 153.9 when I was coming into work. It was 155.9 this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

I have to say Emo oil always comes out top trumps for me. I travel about 700miles a week, and I consistently get more miles from their petrol than anyone else in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Sooooooooooo ,

I keep harping on about the Texaco up in Roxboro and the Topaz around the corner , the way it is always cheaper in Texaco and why in the name of god do people continue to go to Topaz .

So yesterday in passing I noticed that the Topaz was actually cheaper by a cent 158.9 versus 159.9 , today I needed petrol , passed out the Topaz and went on to Texaco saw that the Texaco was still dearer so turned around and went back to Topaz . There I am almost finished putting in my petrol , day dreaming about rubbish , better check to see how close to €30 I am and what do I notice ?????? the little cent per liter window says 159.9 not 158.9 . I finish , go into the shop and ask the girl behind the counter whats the story , she says "oh no , that would never happen " and sends a guy out to check the pumps , he comes back in and confirms what I had said , she apologised and sent the guy out to the sign to change it .

I said no more and went on my way , a new lesson learned . On principal alone I wont go in there again .

1.63.9 for a litre of petrol this morning in the first topaz on the dock rd. avoid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Groody

163.9 in both of the Topaz on the Ennis Road, yet still 159.9 in Tesco!!

Garveys in NCW was 158.9 for unleaded last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

NinjaK wrote: »
    2 euro? You must be joking

Theres only one direction prices are heading, and its not towards 1 euro per litre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Theres only one direction prices are heading, and its not towards 1 euro per litre.

An article in the paper last week suggested it would be €1.70 a litre fairly soon.

Delphi91 wrote: »
    An article in the paper last week suggested it would be €1.70 a litre fairly soon.

That article must have taken a lot of research :eek:

1.63.9 for a litre of petrol this morning in the first topaz on the dock rd. avoid.

Well I will be curious to see if the Topaz beside the hospital goes to either 166.9 or 167.9 by the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I should really stop reading this thread. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Then theres only one way our economy is going, and its not up:(

Kess73 wrote: »

Well I will be curious to see if the Topaz beside the hospital goes to either 166.9 or 167.9 by the end of the week.

Be passing there tonight and I'll have a gander.

• Advertisement

So, 161.9 in chawkes, 159.9 in the two opposite each other at the groody roundabout, 158.9 in emo clare street took 40 euros worth and by the time I got out to Raheen it was closed at 12.10 so didnt get a chance to see, but put it this way in the city there's a 5c gap between emo clare street and the topaz this morning on the dock road.

just as an idea, you know those visit limerick signs coming in to town with the amount of car parking spaces advertised, they should delete the car park spaces and put up the prices of the petrol stations to inform everyone who is the most expensive. we could get the Limericks person of the year richard whats-his-name to promote it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement