Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Buble July 15th,16,18,19th & 20th 2013 O2 Arena Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ilovesleep wrote: »
    I wonder who his support act is? My said this she thought she heard that it was Olly Murs but he's supporting Robbie Williams so it's doubtful. He would be great though.

Naturally 7 is one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

No one?! Well I am beside myself. 2 weeks today until opening night! Can't wait!

I'm going to park in the car park at Jurys Inn Custom House, parked there before for an O2 concert and it was great. I am sure it always stays open a bit later for events at the O2 (their website says it closes at 10pm).

The show seems to be getting an amazing response in London. Can't wait until he gets to Ireland!

Looking forward to it alright, but more excited about seeing Bruce again tbh, Tuesday night we going to Buble, staying in the Gibson which is ideal, hope he gives a good show

• Registered Users Posts: 12,152 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

What's better, floor seats or tiered? I can get floor seats on stub hub, 10th row back, for £85.

Or 3rd row tiered section from Ticketmaster for €116.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭argentum

DrPhilG wrote: »
    What's better, floor seats or tiered? I can get floor seats on stub hub, 10th row back, for £85.

Or 3rd row tiered section from Ticketmaster for €116.

:confused:

Tiered section is better,you're too near to take in the whole show when you sit in the flats at least a bit back you have a wider view of the show

argentum wrote: »
    Tiered section is better,you're too near to take in the whole show when you sit in the flats at least a bit back you have a wider view of the show

That was my thinking, but it's the wife's anniversary present and she wants the floor seats as they're more central so who am I to argue!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

You are a little bit away from the action in Tiers imo , Flats are very good when every actually stays seated. I have 2 spars for the Friday Gig if anyone is interested - Row D of the flats.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

wacotaco wrote: »
    Flats are very good when every actually stays seated.

Don't think that's going to happen to be honest!

Do you think they will have that 2nd stage in Dublin like they are using in the O2 London? Doesn't seem to me there will be enough room for it. I'd prefer if they didn't have a 2nd stage to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Hope they have a second stage. They usually don't at the O2 in Dublin. Kelly Clarkson had a small stage in the middle though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

ciaramc wrote: »
    Hope they have a second stage. They usually don't at the O2 in Dublin. Kelly Clarkson had a small stage in the middle though.

last year Rammstein had the two stages set-up, granted though the second one was quite small. So we might be lucky.
    I wonder though, if this is the reason for the release of flat seating tickets on a later time. . .

• Advertisement

Irish Aris wrote: »
    I wonder though, if this is the reason for the release of flat seating tickets on a later time. . .

Because there will be a 2nd stage or there won't be? I can't figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Because there will be a 2nd stage or there won't be? I can't figure it out.

yeah, me neither.
    Normally I would think that there will be no second stage, thus the flat seating, but I could be wrong. It might have to do with the size of the second stage or the size/setup of the production in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

No one?! Well I am beside myself. 2 weeks today until opening night! Can't wait!

I'm going to park in the car park at Jurys Inn Custom House, parked there before for an O2 concert and it was great. I am sure it always stays open a bit later for events at the O2 (their website says it closes at 10pm).

The show seems to be getting an amazing response in London. Can't wait until he gets to Ireland!

Friends of mine usually park in the Hueston staton car park for €8. I think it stays open until quarter to midnight and they get the Luas straight there and back. Only thing is to allow yourself enough time to get from O2 to car park.

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Friends of mine usually park in the Hueston staton car park for €8. I think it stays open until quarter to midnight and they get the Luas straight there and back. Only thing is to allow yourself enough time to get from O2 to car park.

The Jurys Inn car park closes at midnight for O2 concerts, plus it's right by the O2 and it is always a good quiet car park, relatively cheap too.

Will the Jury's car park be jammed do you think? What time would I need to be getting there to make sure I get a spot?

Last time I was at the O2 was for Paul McCartney in December 2009, got there around 5pm and there was plenty of spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭deeks

Anyone yet to receive tickets for this. I know ticketmaster say to contact them if you haven't received them within 72 hours of the gig but I've bought loads of tickets off them over the years and have never been this late receiving them.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

deeks wrote: »
    Anyone yet to receive tickets for this. I know ticketmaster say to contact them if you haven't received them within 72 hours of the gig but I've bought loads of tickets off them over the years and have never been this late receiving them.

I got mine ages ago... But i bought them when the flat seats were first releases in April/may so maybe they were just sent straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

Are the tickets for Saturday all sold out? Or are they releasing more this week?

I just realised that the doors opening time is not on the ticket not is it listed on MCD or O2 website. Does anyone know the show times?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

I just realised that the doors opening time is not on the ticket not is it listed on MCD or O2 website. Does anyone know the show times?

My ticket says doors open at 6.30

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jamie Cal

5 dates? Is this serious?

augusta24 wrote: »
    My ticket says doors open at 6.30

I thought it would probably be 6:30. thanks for this!

Jamie Cal wrote: »

Very serious.

Yep lets just hope his missus don't go in to labour for any of them

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yep lets just hope his missus don't go in to labour for any of them

Yes I hope that doesn't happen either...it's getting kinda close now

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jamie Cal

Very serious.

A bit much, no? Nothing against da Buble or anything, seems a bit excessive, I thought.

A bit much, no? Nothing against da Buble or anything, seems a bit excessive, I thought.

He sold out or nearly sold out Aviva Stadium last year and has a big following

Not really in terms of venue capacity. 5 nights in the Aviva or Croke Park might be excessive, but the o2 only holds 15k.

• Advertisement

Not really in terms of venue capacity. 5 nights in the Aviva or Croke Park might be excessive, but the o2 only holds 15k.

Is it even 15k?

Last time I was there was for a UFC fight and I think it only had about 10k. Different layout and all of course but still didn't think it was that big a venue.

O2 in London holds about 17k and it's far bigger than Dublin so I'd be surprised to hear that Dublin can hold 15k.

Advertisement