Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC down in D15?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

BostonB wrote: »
    Can you not just use the Ethernet port? Does it have Ethernet ports?
    Yes, it has. But you still can't use another router with it. You can't actually 'turn off' the internal router. I could be wrong now...but I've never found a way and a few others have mentioned it here as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Meat

Just a follow-up in case on the off chance anyone else gets this problem: I connected via ethernet, went to 192.168.0.1, and changed the wireless settings to default. I think it only switched back the channel from 11 to 1 and everything could connect once again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

If changing channels had an effect perhaps your getting interference either within your house or from outside, perhaps even someone elses wifi etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭iMADEtheBBC

UPC is down in the Carpenterstown/Luttrellstown/Diswellstown area since last night. A field team is either en route or already in the area to locate the fault.

I'm in that area and it was working for me last night and this morning.

• Advertisement

BostonB wrote: »
    I'm in that area and it was working for me last night and this morning.

It was intermittent from around 8:00pm last night. I managed to get it going for 6-7 minutes this morning. Support agent @ UPC confirmed he could see a couple hundred modems offline in the area.

Hopefully fixed soon. Difficult to get much work done on a 3G connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Anyone in D15 get the letter today saying that their area would get the new On Demand services this Friday? I haven't been home yet to check

no one I know got any notice, or at least they haven't told me if they did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Oh is that what that envelope was, with the picture of a red carpet on the front? ... mine was empty...

January wrote: »
    Oh is that what that envelope was, with the picture of a red carpet on the front? ... mine was empty...

That's probably it alright. Apparently they're calling it an 'invitation' so that would justify the red carpet.

• Advertisement

well that's decided it for me... I'll be signing up :pac:

well that's decided it for me... I'll be signing up :pac:

Make sure it's live in your area before you do. I'm in D15 too and I don't get it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭fptosca

Anyone in D15 get the letter today saying that their area would get the new On Demand services this Friday? I haven't been home yet to check

I got the letter and the On Demand service since Friday. You get the RTE and TV3 Players as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

We got the letter and the channel and the menus...but non of the programmes or players on demand work for us (Waterville)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

in coolmine working fine for me. i think its a great service.

The players and many of the other programs work fine for me. The offering on the players is much smaller than online for some reason.
    The programs I cannot watch on this service are those coming from channels that I don't have on my UPC pack which make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Littlpace area......phone and broadband down. Anybody else?

And I can't get thru on 1908? What's goin on? Just keeps saying "network busy".

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭guppy

I'm not in dublin 15, but saw your post on the home page. I'm d 11 and experiencing the very same. Upc forum for us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Broadband up but phoneline down and can't get through to UPC on mobile.

• Advertisement

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056685466

Affecting a very large area by the looks of it!

Back up now........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Dub XV wrote: »
    Back up now........
    + 1

I still cannot watch some of the channels like Discovery or Film Four. It says Loss of Signal. Other channels work fine. I have re-started the modem and the TV box but it didn't help.
    Anybody else have the same issue?

rewind Live TV also doesn't work. It rewinds about a minute and that's all........

Advertisement