Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who's who

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

Hey, im a printer.. just finishing up for my Degree show in Ncad this year!
    mostly looking at bodies and xrays at the moment.
    examples below also older stuff on here www.stephenorourke.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

Sewing, clothes making, clothes reconstruction. Only really started a while ago but really into it now.
    Also I enjoy furniture recon as well, but not as often.

I'm also in other stuff, being creative in general, love messing about on graphics programmes, and photography.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭midgetflynn

I've tried a few things and have never really concentrated on one thing.knitting,sewing,clothes reconstruction and painting on clothes.at the moment,a small bit of making jewelry from beads and felt badges.tried to learn crochet a few weeks ago,but couldn't get the hang of it.also like taking photos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Kotick

I'm a sculptor.

I work in multiple mediums such as stone, wood, metal, wax, and ceramics.
    My favorite would have to be bronze casting.

I also draw and paint for fun or when it's needed.

If there was anything I'd like to know more about it would have to be about the casting process (how to run the kilns, what temperature everything should be at, when to add more bronze into the crucible to melt down before pouring etc.). I'm sure this is all better learned on site. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

I have always done something arty or crafty from sketching, watercolours, salt dough, tapestry and cross stitch. The last few years I mainly scrapbook and I make personalised cards for sale. I also teach scrapbooking classes in Cork and hold a monthly crop, really getting into rubberstamping at the moment.
    Some of my scrapping stuff cane be seen at www.carolinecreates.blogspot.com
    Sorry it hasn't been updated in awhile!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭the glass woman

Well i studied art history in college and i can draw, but I've let that side slip. However i also did photography in third level, which i love, but I've recently gone back to the whole area of crafts..paper craft, cards, hand stitching fabric decorations and baby blankets etc, all the time consuming stuff! I was asked today at a craft fair if i used a dye cut (sp ?) to cut out my fabric garlands and i looked at the woman blankly and said no, i used a sissors! So i tend to take the long, old fashioned way around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 businesswizard

I love ORIGAMI
    And I also like painting. I specialize in oil painting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 businesswizard

I alos like water painting and glass painting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Rip Roara

Iam a skecher and would like to get into oil painting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 samrawet

good idea and thanx for sharing your photos

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 alena

Hello,
    I am interested in practical crafts, costume design, general painting and card making.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 LoveLambie

Hello all

Im a crafter - knitting, sewing, working with fabric, jewellery making, cooking, all sorts really

I did fine art at 3rd level, but ive found myself harking back to my good old catholic nun instructed crafts in my adulthood :)
    Great to see such a huge array of talented people on here sharing their ideas

http://lovelambie.etsy.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 smithrdn

:)

hello to all, I found this place to be very interactive and appealing for introducing scrapping as form of craft as this place is filled with similar ideas of arts and crafts. Each of its forums is distinct in itself to cater the broader spectrum of scrap booking at this place. I wish to continue a lot with revelation to my fellow contributors about scrapping ideas, experience and rest that I have to offer. I feel you must be finding it to be very interesting and I would remain discussing with things in successive posts of mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭flying _squirl

hallo all. im a bit of a jack of all trades. from digital models to physical replicas to costumes to paintings.

david_costumesmall.jpg
    halloween costume, mostly papermache

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p118/flying-squirl/DDARKOFRANK.jpg
    this was a quick one week job. did the full suit

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p118/flying-squirl/neglect_concept_02-lowrez.jpg
    this was just a concept art pic i did for a project

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p118/flying-squirl/imag13.jpg
    quick digital model of the helmet from gladiator

stoopid recession put me out of a job, anyone wanna hire me? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 LaVidalerie

I am a passionate jewellery maker, it is such a huge subject there is always something to learn. I am involved in beading, bead weaving, wire work, tiara making, silver smithing & dichroic glass fusing.

What I would like to learn - lampwork bead making.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

hallo all. im a bit of a jack of all trades. from digital models to physical replicas to costumes to paintings.

david_costumesmall.jpg
    halloween costume, mostly papermache
    That's the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. I would want to wear it all the time.
    I paint in oils on canvas. I'd like to get into metal sculpture at some point before I pop my clogs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 OrigamiDragon

Hi everyone, I'm new here ^_^
    I'm interested in all sorts of art stuff. I like drawing, digital painting, Photoshop, vector art, 3d modeling and animation, martial arts(yeah I know they are different sort of art, but anyway). I'm also playing around with chain mail from time to time. I mean, this type of chain mail:
    21359elfweaveshirtsmall.jpg
    It's not me, but I made a similar shirt 8)

Some more examples of chain mail stuff(not mine):
    2172573282_e7dc3c748d.jpg
    smelf.jpg
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=10662&g2_serialNumber=1
    0001220.jpg

Also, recently I have stumbled at a photo of this origami dragon:
    050111c1f005sc2.jpg

And I hooked up immediately. I mean, this dragon was folded from a single square sheet of paper. No cuts, no glue. Pure origami. I was just shocked. I immediately got a dream to fold this baby sometime in the future, and so I started folding stuff, primarily dragons. First simple ones, then a little more advanced. There still is a long way to go before I'll be able to fold Ryujin(the dragon's name), but I'm gonna do it.

This dragon influenced me so much, that I changed my nick to OrigamiDragon, and later even started an Origami Dragon blog. If you check it out you'll see I'm collecting all sorts of origami dragon and origami related stuff, including diagrams, guides, pictures, videos etc. I even started making my own diagrams, for other people's model designs though. Maybe someday I'll design my own models :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 nosmodias

I do a bit of everything! I got my degree from Crawford, and I mainly paint and print. I also use photgraphy a lot, and photoshop. I'm in the process of sorting out a studio - its weird setting up your work space after college!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Velvet123

sorry to bother everyone but how do you start a thread on here???!:(:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭mardybum

name: mardybum

I'm into painting, drawing, using charcoal, oil pastel, chalk pastel. I sometimes ink and pencil drawings - but mostly for notebook work.

I love drawing and painting, I love painting the human figure, and faces, especially fat people, old people, ugly people and overly glamourise people. I just think there's so much beauty in all of that, theres a vulnerability to excess that I'm in love with. My mam thinks its mad that all these fat wierd distorted people come out of me coz I'm pretty normal looking! Anyway, yesterday I was on aul 123 bus (I say aul coz its full of old people all the freakin time, I never get to sit down!) and I saw 2 old people, an aul one and her old fella, and I swear I've drawn them before, outta my head. Mad stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 lewisevans777

Hello, I got here a few months ago, but only just discovered boards.ie. I have a website at www.lewisevans.net, and would love to meet other artists. I'd also like to arrange/go to life drawing classes. I'm getting rusty!

[IMG]http://www.lewisevans.net/images/Joy in the midst of chaos r.jpg[/IMG]

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Holopimp

I am new to boards.ie and I am interested in cardmaking, decoupage, jewellery making, salt dough, fimo, sketching, pastels and watercolours. I am also interested in learning how to make clothes and sew.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Elothar

Hi, I'm Jim

I like making presents for people. Mostly christmas presents and birthday presents. I havn't got any training but I muddle along. I painted glasses with stained glass designs for last year, and made and painted candles the year before. I'll give anything a go once, as long as it aint too complicated and I can do it all in my room. Secrecy is very important when making the presents. ;)

I'm thinking of doing cross stitching for this years presents, and as a few of ye have said ye do cross stitching I was hoping for some tips and pointers. Especially about obtaining materials in Dublin.

I have to admit I don't really "design" anything. I'm more a copier than an artist. I'm always looking to learn new things and new crafts, so if anyone has any suggestions for presents feel free to comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nievesalvarez

I am truelly interested in an Indian craft.
    I like indian craft.
    Especially i like indian craft like indian towns and hand crafts and etc so if you can provide some more information abou t this then please provide it.
    Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Not Just Mammy

Hey, I'm interested in basic craft things. I'm making my own wedding invitations, which involves lots of ivory and burgundy ribbon, ivory card, pearl sliders, diamanté studs and calligraphy. I've loved doing calligraphy since I was forced by the nuns to learn it in school at the tender age of 9 ha.
    I also have a keen eye for home decor and color schemes, and I'm beginning a dressmaking course tomorrow, so wish me luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dreamcarnival

Carnival artist/ sound engineer/ Performer/ Prop builder, designer etc etc.

Been building parade entries and costumes since 2002 and arts workshops with kids for various companies.
    Currently assisting Director of Greystones Arts Festival to get it back up and running.

Interested in looking into alternative materials to construct floats and costumes because Irish weather is a major problem to Carnival and out door events and needs to be developed or evolved in some way. Would like to learn about vac forming and thermoplastics and generally very moldable, sculptable, lightweight materials that aren't messy. preferably safe for use in children's workshops.

Interested in building up a contact base with art groups/instructors or anyone interested in working with parade/carnival.

Anything goes at an art's festival

Some of my projects can be seen here.

www.dreamcarnival.blogspot.com

PS: Hi Snorlax and thanks for being a collection of creature at some of the parades. I don't really know what's planned for this year but it might be "Jungle"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 foofee

I'm obsessed with Lo-fi photography a la polaroids & holgas at the moment & alternative/antique photographic methods!

Also I'm starting to play with variations of street / guerilla art too!

I'm running a post-it project at the mo where I'm leaving post-its with some sort of positive/funny/inspiring drawing/quote/slogan on it in public places - and I'm encouraging others to join in too! It's lotsa fun.

(http://www.facebook.com/pages/Positive-Post-its-3/288284695748 in case you're interested. )

I do a lot of mixed media stuff too mixing loads of materials and styles - mainly 2D paint based stuff that I add to...

Mainly analog methods at the minute but I do love digital photography & photoshop as well as vector art/digital painting/photo manipulation/design etc but I don't do much of that of late...

light-ii-106117982

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Ooh I like a range if stuff... Photography (mainly digital), scuplture
    (esp using wire), sewing, watercolours and sketching
    (I've been meaning to go to a Dublin Sketchers meet up but it's
    been really hectic lately :().
    I'm also going to give origami a go :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 HelloNHOJ

PennilessProper2.png

"'lo all.
    My name is NHOJ and I am an 'artist.'"

Bah! Strike that. I don't much like calling myself an artist. 'Cartoonist' fits the bill a bit better methinks.

Anyhoo, a bit about myself:

* Been drawing since I could get my hands on anything that could make some form of a mark on dead tree slices/paper.
    * I like drawing in a variety of styles but I mainly excel in doing cartoony type stuff. Animation also interests me very highly.
    * I draw using quite a few different tools -- mainly pencils, inks and digital colouring.
    * I like to dabble in drawing comics (twice published) and am currently working on an 8 page strip with fellow Oirish fella, Dave Hendrick
    * I have a face that only a mother would love...(...to cave in with a club!)

If you want to check out more of my work, go check out my blog. Or don't (no, seriously, give it a look).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nenaghLIVE

:)hi folks just to let you know im new here im dennis and im based in nenagh and im a life drawing model i pose for art classes, groups, and one on one that is people who like to work on their own i work indoors or outdoors and can be contacted at <<SNIP>> by PM for more info

Advertisement