Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Walking Dead - Season 2 [AMC - US] *Spoilers*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

How far is hershels farm from fort benning?
    How far is the prison from fort benning?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

How far is hershels farm from fort benning?
    How far is the prison from fort benning?

From Hershells farm to fort Benning?

About 5 seasons, it took 13 episodes to just get a glimpse of the prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

Perhaps the helicopter in the first episode and the last episode are the same occurrence as I doubt the walkers walked to the farm in a matter of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Frisbee wrote: »
    Only got around to watching the finale last night so few points which I'm sure have all been metioned already...
    No offence, but I hope I never end up in a zombie apocalypse with you if you see Shane as the sensible one. I've heard many people voice similar opinions but I fear you may all be sociopaths. The guy was a ticking time bomb of contradictions, rage and neuroses who would end up getting everyone killed. Great character though.

SWORDS! MOTHERFÚCKING SAMURAI SWORDS! I've been saying all season they need to go find some swords as they would be the best close combat weapon as they aren't too unweildy and if you chop half their head off there's more chance of a walker dying then hitting them with a spade.
    I imagine it would be very difficult to half chop a zombies head off with a samurai sword. They are made for slashing bodies, not getting through the skull. They can do that if you know what you are doing but if you don't they are going to break/get stuck pretty quickly, and as mentioned need a lot of care. A lot could be said for just smashing the skull with something blunt if you aren't a skilled swordsman... or swordswoman.
    Also what happened to the Walkers being able to smell people? In the first season Rick and Glen had to take a bath in Walker parts to walk through a crowd of them, but in this season we have people hiding from them no problem or the walkers not realising they're there until they make noise.
    They can't smell people as far as I know, they smell rotting flesh so if they see someone walking around who doesn't stink then they are potential food. No problem in hiding from them so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Still won't be any good, every character is weak. The dialogue is awful too. Finished with it tbh.
    Fine then stop complaining on this thread you had your 2 cents. Anyway season 3 any word of meryls return ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

ryoishin wrote: »
    Perhaps the helicopter in the first episode and the last episode are the same occurrence as I doubt the walkers walked to the farm in a matter of days.
    Y'think?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

I imagine it would be very difficult to half chop a zombies head off with a samurai sword. They are made for slashing bodies, not getting through the skull. They can do that if you know what you are doing but if you don't they are going to break/get stuck pretty quickly, and as mentioned need a lot of care. A lot could be said for just smashing the skull with something blunt if you aren't a skilled swordsman... or swordswoman.
    no doubth a very difficult weapon to use and maintain, but if you kept it in good nick and used it right itd be the best option, fast kills which is what youd want, you dont want zombies stacking up while your bludgeoning them to death one at a time, also you shouldnt cut through the skull, through the neck would be the best option, less to get through:),

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Still won't be any good, every character is weak. The dialogue is awful too. Finished with it tbh.

Can we start a pool to see how many posts into the series 3 thread he'll post saying "So I watched the first episode, just to see if it had gotten any better..." etc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

No offence, but I hope I never end up in a zombie apocalypse with you if you see Shane as the sensible one. I've heard many people voice similar opinions but I fear you may all be sociopaths. The guy was a ticking time bomb of contradictions, rage and neuroses who would end up getting everyone killed. Great character though.

He was a mentaller alright. But Shane (and maybe to a lesser extent Daryl and Andrea) are the only ones who have really adopted the right frame of mind for what's happened. Everyone else is still living in a world of social norms and politeness. In a situation like they're in all of that is the first to go out the window imo. You can't make the really tough decisions if you're worried about offending people or what is morally 'right'.

I reckon it's easy to decapitate with a well maintained and whetted sword than it is to bludgeon with a hammer or hatchet, more chance of a hatchet getting stuck in the skull that a sword getting stuck in the neck. Also you can just use it to poke them in the face really hard and hope it goes through. A katana wouldn't break easily either, they're folded hundreds of times for strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

If I was in farming country ala Herschell's farm,I'd go find the biggest combine harvester,silage mowing bar or hedge cutter I could.Wouldn't take long to make mincemeat of a horde of zombies.

corn-harvester.jpg

Even with a lack of machinery,they were on a farm,any amount of implements that can do damage,from slash-hooks to even a simple spade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Y'think?

Yeah thats why I posted it. Alot of assumptions in this thread and the helicopter is important in the comics.

A kantanna is easy to break. Thats why it takes such skill to use one. In Japanese fudel times it was nt considered a battlefield weapon.

Also when we first meet Darly had nt the group decapitated a walker and it was still alive and Darly says something like "it takes a head shot" and puts an arrow through its scull.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

ryoishin wrote: »
    Yeah thats why I posted it. Alot of assumptions in this thread and the helicopter is important in the comics.

A kantanna is easy to break. Thats why it takes such skill to use one. In Japanese fudel times it was nt considered a battlefield weapon.

Also when we first meet Darly had nt the group decapitated a walker and it was still alive and Darly says something like "it takes a head shot" and puts an arrow through its scull.

I think that the whole chopping off of the heads would be more to incapacitate the zombies, yeah the head might still be alive, but it wouldn't be much of a threat.

people complaining about being on the farm for the whole second season would want to stop reading now.

i heard from glen mazzara's twitter that season 3 and 4 could both be set in the prison

I can see that happen. There's two very distinct storylines set in the prison

I can see that happen. There's two very distinct storylines set in the prison

also the meryl dixon is back according to michael rooker

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it wasnt so much being stuck on the farm that annoyed so many people, it's that nothing was done while they were there

It was not the location, it was the pace of the first half, the second half took off a bit but with so many story lines to run in the prison it shouldn't be as dragging.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

OK here goes

Big fan of the show, daryl should be the one everyone listens too.
    Shane was great, pity he is dead.

I hope someone kills lori soon, and the boy. T dogg has no purpose.

After being holed up on the farm for what seemed an eternity, they failed to prepare for anything.

Why not clear the roads around the area.

Have a huge stockpile of everything you need.

Why not fortify dales RV and simply drive the rv around the farm and run over and maim as many zombies. Why did herschels son/ in law? stop the RV and wait until the door opened.

Why did glenn open the door of the jeep and walk around the other side and then sit there chatting.

I like the show, but the writers seriously need a good slap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

OK here goes

Big fan of the show, daryl should be the one everyone listens too.
    Shane was great, pity he is dead.

I hope someone kills lori soon, and the boy. T dogg has no purpose.

After being holed up on the farm for what seemed an eternity, they failed to prepare for anything.

Why not clear the roads around the area.

Have a huge stockpile of everything you need.

Why not fortify dales RV and simply drive the rv around the farm and run over and maim as many zombies. Why did herschels son/ in law? stop the RV and wait until the door opened.

Why did glenn open the door of the jeep and walk around the other side and then sit there chatting.

I like the show, but the writers seriously need a good slap.

You could write a book on the errors in the show, Its has to be one of the worst shows in this regard and thats why its so entertaining. May be the writers know exactly what there doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

how come they don't lock the car doors when they get it, I do it and I only drive around Cork and Dublin!!!

why did they sit in Hershel's house every night with ALL THE LIGHTS ON???? and then when Rick's group moved in, they half-boarded the windows???

how come no one has put Carl and Laurie out of their misery??

More Daryl please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

looking for factually based answers, from a fiction based show is hilarious. read a few pages back, that "everyone got a clean head shot over bumpy ground, from moving vehicles, with shot guns" was unbelievable??? lol. so is people coming back from the dead to eat you!!! it's based on a comic ffs, and it's a great show don't get me wrong, i love it myself. but i think some people might be taking it a bit too seriously, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

How does the prison setting work exactly? I'm not saying it as being detrimental like, I'm curious. Never read past the first comic.

cloud493 wrote: »
    How does the prison setting work exactly? I'm not saying it as being detrimental like, I'm curious. Never read past the first comic.

Ye should educate yourself so ;)

Possible major spoilers if you haven't read the comic!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

cloud493 wrote: »

The prison setting is where the comic is at its best. Cannot wait for season 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

A Neurotic wrote: »
    The prison setting is where the comic is at its best. Cannot wait for season 3.
    +1
    No doubt the TV show will fcuk it up though. :(
    For the best effect it will have to be played hardcore and I doubt the TV show can go to the same extremes as the comic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

DeepBlue wrote: »
    +1
    No doubt the TV show will fcuk it up though. :(
    For the best effect it will have to be played hardcore and I doubt the TV show can go to the same extremes as the comic.

I have faith! They managed to make the farm an excellent setting for season 2: it barely featured in the comics compared to the prison. Think of all they can do with the relatively ample prison setting material from the comic.

Not a hope it'll go down the more graphic route of the comic though.

Big Spoiler
    The panel in which Lori is shot is the single most incredible/shocking moment in the series to me

A Neurotic;
    Big Spoiler

Spoiler:
    The panel in which Lori is shot is the single most incredible/shocking moment in the series to me
    What more than the ;
    More big spoilers

serial killer or Carl killing the other kid
    or even
    the suicide pact going wrong
    !
    Most of which wont happen in the TV show or will be dumped on a minor character
    like Maggie's suicide atempt was given to her sister while on the farm.
    Oh this post is going to look like the Stasi intercepted it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Teaser of season 3 out now.
    Mazzara said: "It's pretty dynamic and action-packed with tons of zombies, but also a lot of quieter moments and a lot of heart.

"This is a group of survivors, a family that has come together and they have no good options, no place to go and they're really trying to keep themselves alive, and keep each other alive.

"You can see how desperate they are; they're clinging to each other. It's those moment of human interaction and heart that are important."

Kirkman implied that the season would be a good one for fans of the original comic series, saying: "For comic fans, they know the good stuff is coming. The really intense stuff with Michonne, the Governor and Woodbury [prison] really defined the comic book series and we haven't even gotten to that stuff yet.

"Now that we're getting to that stuff in season three, it's really going to change the show quite a bit."

Kirkman went on to get slightly more specific, teasing that a memorable moment from the comic book series will feature in the premiere, but that it will involve a different character than the comic's version.

He teased: "There will be cases where something memorable... will be displaced and given to somebody else.

"I'll hint that that actually happens in our first episode back in season three - something memorable that happened to a character in the comic is happening in the show in our first episode back, and it's not the same character."

The show's third season will be set in the town of Woodbury, it has been confirmed.

Lauren Cohan will become a series regular for the third season.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/news/a376486/walking-dead-producers-tease-season-three-premiere.html

zerks wrote: »

my theory is that Merle dixon will
    chop of t -dawgs hand in revenge

• Advertisement

Advertisement