Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Novella wrote: »
    Jelly Tots <3

Haven't had them in years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Had a Penneys shopping spree today - got a mac, dress, snood and necklace for €48 :) Boo-ya!

Edit: almostnever, that's awful. Hope he's okay. Don't beat yourself up, nobody ever expects something like that to happen.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Sorry to hear about your friend, almostnever. :(
    +1 to what Dolorous said- these things are often so unexpected. There's been many a time when a friend has been feeling low/things not going well, but it doesn't mean you expect something like that.
    I hope he recovers soon, physically and emotionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Haven't had them in years!

Me neither! I was in the shop tonight though and at the last minute decided I wanted sweets and they were the first thing to catch my eye! So good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

Acoshla wrote: »
    M&S ones probably have yummy chemicals to make them tastier, like bakeries do :) So homemade things never taste the same unfortunately!

That's probably a good thing! Having a potential 24h supply of cookies would be very bad :O...I don't even like cookies that you buy in cafes or from supermarkets in packets. And the ones today had so much chocolate in them they were a little sickly...I can only ever stomach one.

A friend of mine works for odlums, but before that she had to travel around bakeries regulating/checking the chemicals and everything they added to their food (conducting experiment on cake :D). Some ridiculous stories.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

kate.m wrote: »
    That's probably a good thing! Having a potential 24h supply of cookies would be very bad :O...I don't even like cookies that you buy in cafes or from supermarkets in packets. And the ones today had so much chocolate in them they were a little sickly...I can only ever stomach one.

A friend of mine works for odlums, but before that she had to travel around bakeries regulating/checking the chemicals and everything they added to their food (conducting experiment on cake :D). Some ridiculous stories.

Homemade stuff tastes a million times better IMO, but people get so used to the processed bulk produced stuff that they forget what real food tastes like.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Just after finding out my friend has been rushed to hospital after taking an overdose. :( Poor guy, I really hope he's going to be okay. He hadn't been himself at all lately, really should have done more to help him :(
    Oh god I hope he's okay! Don't let yourelf feel bad over it, sometimes things like these happen and no one can have expected it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Just after finding out my friend has been rushed to hospital after taking an overdose. :( Poor guy, I really hope he's going to be okay. He hadn't been himself at all lately, really should have done more to help him :(

OMG I'm really sorry almostnever. Don't beat yourself up about it though hun. Even if he was a little bit out of sorts, there's no way you could have predicted he'd do something like this. Hope he'll be okay. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

I know it's no help Almostnever, but it's rare that anyone can tell when someone's in that bad a state so please don't be too hard on yourself. I hope he's ok.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I keep singing a bit of this out loud at work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I guess the most important thing is he'll be okay. I feel bad because I've been a bit of a bitch to him recently when I really shouldn't have been. Poor guy, thank god he is alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

hi all:). im posting this tonight as im going to be taken a break ,my heart is just hurting and i just want to give my final update on tiny:mad::mad:

oh man my girl tiny(british bulldog) has taken a bad turn again.
    i brought her home friday and to be honest i taught she was on the way
    up,she was in great form she ate walked around the house out the front to her favorite spot,but she was just saying goodbye to us and just trying to get as much time with us as she could.she was allways so cleaver:)

she was in pain but tiny just wanted us to know that she loved us im sure.
    oh man the wife is in bits as i am.i only wish i had more time with her we only had her less than 3 years as i took her out of a house that only abused my girl.but im sure no i know she had a great time with us.

she got very sick again last night i slept with her just to comfort her and also i dident want her alone. we took her to vet first thing were they kept her put her back on drip but it was makeing no difference as shes got way worse.
    the vet rang me 2hrs ago to come in in morning to give permission to put her to rest:mad:oh man i hate this the tears the pain the hurt my family have now.
    but it must be done i/we love her so much she has to come first i cant leave her suffer anymore.

im going to take a break from boards for a while.i like to thank everyone that thanked my posts regarding tiny also the pet fourum were i used to put pics of tiny up so everyone could enjoy her.
    i found this poem on the net i like it and describes our love for her.

if tears could build a stairway
    and memories a lane,id walk
    right up to heaven,and bring
    you home again.

night my girl tiny,allways in our hearts.

audi a4 2008 I'm so sorry about your dog, I got really emotional reading your post. It's horrible to have to make the decision to let her go but you have to know it's the right one to make. If she's suffering too much letting her go is the right thing to do. I really hope you and your family will be okay in time. I'll be thinking of you all. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I ate six eggs today and seven yesterday. Is it okay to eat that many? I guess bodybuilders do. I just really, really like eggs :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Lia_lia wrote: »
    I ate six eggs today and seven yesterday. Is it okay to eat that many? I guess bodybuilders do. I just really, really like eggs :/

That's not too bad, it's definitely better than eating seven sandwiches!

MOAR PROTEIN!

I love being up on my own listening to music. :D

Edit: And now for Criminal Minds. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Ahhh... lovely clean sheets and time for bed :)

Today was really crap but at least I'm going to Dublin tomorrow :) Reading Week is always crappy for some reason, I'm always so much happier being in Dublin and doing things. I'm also considerably more productive even though I have far less time. Hopefully I'll feel a bit better by tomorrow evening anyway. :)

Today was really crap but at least I'm going to Dublin tomorrow :) Reading Week is always crappy for some reason, I'm always so much happier being in Dublin and doing things. I'm also considerably more productive even though I have far less time. Hopefully I'll feel a bit better by tomorrow evening anyway. :)

you're in Trinners too?? I've never had a 'reading week' before, it's amazing, so far it's been spent sleeping and catching up on correspondence, i swear I'll do work tomorrow....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Audi, tiny was beautiful, and. I've no doubt that she knew how much you and your wife loved her. *hugs*

Almostnever don't be so hard on yourself, you couldn't have possibly known what your friend was going to do. Just be there for them now in whatever way that you can.

Jessibelle wrote: »
    you're in Trinners too?? I've never had a 'reading week' before, it's amazing, so far it's been spent sleeping and catching up on correspondence, i swear I'll do work tomorrow....

Yup, SF Law! :) Didn't know you were there, glad to hear you're enjoying the time off so far though :D I really should try to enjoy the time more, especially as the summer exams are the last time I'll do exams which don't count towards my degree, but I'm a nerd like that :p There's no point trying to get too much done anyway, exams are aaaaaages away! ;)

After spending the weekend getting fully caught up in Supernatural I watched the first 3 episodes of Grimm tonight and I loves it. I love having new tv shows to watch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Question for people who really like Dr. Who:

Is Torchwood any good?

Battling with the temptation to treat myself to the Boxset but want to be sure that I'll think it's good etc. first.

Exam in about 11 hours. Would much rather someone else did it for me....

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Rammstein gig was absolutely fcuking EPIC this evening. :D

Gonna hurt in the morning though, remind me to wear a sports bra the next time I'm going to be moshing that much...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

Audi so sorry to hear about tiny, she was a gorgeous wee thing, im sure she knows just how much you and your wife loved her

Just sent an email to a girl on facebook who i think might be a cousin of mine, came across her family while doing my family tree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

So sorry to hear this Almost Never, I really hope your friend will be okay.

I am absolutely shattered right now, I could just fall into bed and sleep for aaaaaaaaaaaaages.

Have to pack the case though :( Going to do it soon and then sleep.

Drinking tea now, might have an Apple Lattice too.

Is Torchwood any good?

Season one and two are silly fluff, entertaining at times, irritating at others but generally fluff. Season 3 is some of the BEST science fiction I have ever seen, if you can try and watch it all in a five hour block or over five nights as it was originally broadcast. It is amazing, really genuinely awesome sci fi. Season four is to me a bit of a waste but that may be because season 3 is just so so awesome.

Also best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Dolorous wrote: »
    I can personally vouch for this recipe - thanks to Eviledna :) They come out really similar to the M&S cookies!
    Oh Christ I owe at least a stone of flab to that recipe. I should hate it, but I...just can't :D

On the weight issue mentioned by others, I've come to the realisation that we're often never happy with our weight. At my skinniest I was a 12, and I remember thinking I was fat. Looking back at pictures now it looked really skinny on me, cos I'm quite broad. At my heaviest I felt just as crap about myself as I did as at my skinniest. Conclusion? Try to be healthy and occupy your mind more with other things, because often you're only as fat your self image makes you. Works for me at least! I can always do with loosing weight, but I don't let it consume me anymore because after a serious health scare last year, I realised there are more serious things than a few extra pounds.

@almostnever, I really hope your friend gets through it all ok. Don't blame yourself at all, you can never know what's inside another's mind, no matter how well you know them.

• Advertisement

Is Torchwood any good?

Battling with the temptation to treat myself to the Boxset but want to be sure that I'll think it's good etc. first.

I find the main thing to remember is it's not doctor who and it's very different (for one it's a 18s, doctor who is 12s). I enjoyed it but I didn't love it the same way I love doctor who. Though I know people who actually prefer it.
    I'd say it's worth watching definetly but expect a harsher show. It's up on netflix so maybe sign up for their free trial and watch a few episodes?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement