Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro Truck Simulator 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's good but it's no Farming Simulator 2011!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

That doesnt look to bad tbh think i might give it a try.

*edit* just tryed it and It doesnt suck if your into that sort of thing

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ya management type games ive gotten into lately,did you buy it or just try the demo?

I just did the trial which seems to be a fully operating version of the game bar some features which i haven't run into yet.Its fun enough find myself going back to it on and off i played the first one and this is a huge improvement over it the mouse steering is accurate if you dont have a steering wheel which i dont the management gives a sence of doing something rather than just drive around and the graphics are much much better with more interesting enviorments all in all a decend game maybe because i spent a large amount of my younger days in a truck with my dad though so defiantly not for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I'm hungover today so this game was surprisingly relaxing to play. Haven't properly set it up with a controller since I'm playing it on the laptop rather than the desktop but I'm liking it so far. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Played this a few weeks back and was surprised how much i enjoyed it.
    Hooked up my G25 wheel and H shifter gear stick,makes a huge difference.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Played the demo,really enjoyed it,I can't believe I'm thinking of buying a steering wheel for this as well as forking out for the full game :eek:

brought the full game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

isn't it from the makers of fork-lift Simulator and Airport firefighter sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

got the game :o

its great craic! Little help needed though. ive bought a second truck and hired a driver, but how the hell do i get him to take jobs?

would it be worth forking out for a steering for this alone do ye think or would I be mad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Farming and Dubstep together.Can't beat it.

:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Lol,haven't got past the tutorial yet. Have desktop connected to tv in the sitting room and sitting too far back to be able to read the tutorial text.Seems like a good game to throw on for an hour or so every now and then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

This thread took the strangest twist. :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Played this today and pleasantly surprised. It's rather good!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Not sure if serious thread,
    Or actually a good game.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

pixelburp wrote: »
    Not sure if serious thread,
    Or actually a good game.

Actually good game. Trust me.

:o fell asleep at the wheel :o

eurotrucks22012-11-0422-37-51-74.png

I bought this as well have flipped my truck over 3 times due to loseing concentration or just going a bit to fast ;/

• Advertisement

Im so glad im not the only one playing this. honestly its a bit embarrassing :o

Anyone got any tips/tricks?

Im on level 6 I think. own 2 trucks, 3 drivers, upgraded garage in Paris.

My tip, I went looking for ages for my first truck. I settled on the Valiant F16H Sleeper. @ its price point of ~€100 000, its blows the competition away with its 600bhp. for an extra 5k, you can upgrade that to a 700hp engine.

avoid the UK. it pays low and the any long distance jobs means you have to catch the ferry/train to the mainland, which comes out of your own salary. €1300 for the ferry is quite the chunk out of what you earn for the job.

For skills, I maxed out my ADR training first. it opens up loads of jobs in the 8k - 13k region. Then a bit on the long distance stuff and now im seeing if its worth doing the "just-in-time" skills. Ill report back.

lastly, dont drive close behind other vehicles on the open road. they randomly stop. the last numpty who stopped his van in the middle of nowhere without even a turn off or anything cost me €22k in repairs :(:(:(

save your progress all the time!

Dont see why its embarrassing its bizzarely fun and keeps you playing for unlocks and management

There's some coders working on a multiplayer version also.

There's some coders working on a multiplayer version also.
    that would be sweet!

im nearly level 9.

oh yea, press C for cruise control. really handy.

Drifting in ETS2:

for some reason I couldnt stop laughing :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

I started playing this yesterday evening and it's strangely addictive. A descent wheel makes a big difference. I've even started using the sequential gear shifters as indicators. Thanks for the heads up Tea!!

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    that would be sweet!

im nearly level 9.

oh yea, press C for cruise control. really handy.

Level 3 here at the mo. First delivery I drove 4 red lights and hit the back of 3 cars, and then jacked the truck trying to park it.

Really surprised they want to hire me after that charade :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

Level 3 here at the mo. First delivery I drove 4 red lights and hit the back of 3 cars, and then jacked the truck trying to park it.

Really surprised they want to hire me after that charade :pac:

I rolled the truck on my first one, had to call in a tow wagon. I've been a lot more cautious since then.

im on my 3rd profile :o

first one i "learned" how to park.

second one i took out a 400k loan and totaled the truck. figured starting again is better than paying the fines.

• Advertisement

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    im on my 3rd profile :o

first one i "learned" how to park.

second one i took out a 400k loan and totaled the truck. figured starting again is better than paying the fines.

It's any wonder NAMA had to bail you out!

Advertisement