Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Entertainment?

• 11-03-2013 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

We are considering entering into contract with Sky. Any opinions on Sky Entertainment?

Their webpage is not great e.g. I'm not sure which channels are included in this pack:
    - is Bonus Pack also included?
    - Sky Entertainment HD channels - are they included by default or do we need to upgrade?
    - what about Free to air channels? are all of them included?

Any thoughts if Sky Entertainment is better/worse than Digital Value Pack from UPC? I'm interested just in TV comparison since we already have broadband from UPC and are pretty happy with it.

Can anyone confirm how much time we have to cancel the contract after signing it? Sales representative claimed it is 30 days. Is this correct?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Your best bet is to go with the €35 a month package,you get every channel available except Sports & Movies & HD.

All fta channels are available as are some fta HD channels.

There's a thread here about Sky rolling out HD as part of the Entertainment Extra package in a month or so,which is good news.

There is a cooling off period but you have to return the equipment (nobody cancels during this period)

The website is easy enough to navigate but they only list the main channels,there are hundreds more not listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

OP,

I have the entertainment package and found it to be cheaper than the Digital Value Pack from UPC and better. For €27 a month you get loads of channels and all free to air are included.

You do not get any HD apart from RTE2 HD as they all fall under HD package which is additional €15 a month.

Regarding the contract cancellation, that I am not sure.

Full list of channels can bee seen here:

http://www.sky.com/products/tv-packs/entertainment/index-roi.html

Bonus pack is included if you do not have other providers. And yes, UPC has the best broadband, lucky you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭jacubo

@zerks: I do not care that much about HD right now. But if it is provided for free I will take it ;)

We can consider 35 euro per month. How's this package called?

@Peanut: How do they check if you have other providers or not? Bonus package looks interesting to me. UPC's broadband had some issues during last year but in general it is pretty reliable.

jacubo wrote: »
    @Peanut: How do they check if you have other providers or not? Bonus package looks interesting to me. UPC's broadband had some issues during last year but in general it is pretty reliable.

They do not check, you declare it when you sign up for it.

• Advertisement

Hmm, weird. I do not see such field on contract which I got from them.
    Peanut2011 wrote: »
    They do not check, you declare it when you sign up for it.

jacubo wrote: »
    Hmm, weird. I do not see such field on contract which I got from them.

Maybe they don't any more. I signed up years ago! :o

haha, ok. Good for you I guess.
    Peanut2011 wrote: »
    Maybe they don't any more. I signed up years ago! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Guys..

From what I understand now,when the new package comes in in April,,the F1 channel will no longer be part of the HD pack,,is that correct??

If so,how much is it going to be to get the F1 channel from sky after April?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

MrFrisp wrote: »
    Guys..

From what I understand now,when the new package comes in in April,,the F1 channel will no longer be part of the HD pack,,is that correct??

If so,how much is it going to be to get the F1 channel from sky after April?

There's a thread here about the changes to HD, F1 etc. Basically after April,you'll need SkySports to get the F1 Channel.Best bet is to subscribe to the HD pack now & get it included as you'll then keep it as only new customers will be liable for the "you need SkySports for F1" change.

Sky are doing offers on HD at the moment,just ask when you call them.

@ The OP,I replied earlier that the Entertainment Extra Pack is every channel bar Sports/Movies.
    There's an offer running until tonight for free install & 2 months half price for new customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

zerks wrote: »
    There's a thread here about the changes to HD, F1 etc. Basically after April,you'll need SkySports to get the F1 Channel.Best bet is to subscribe to the HD pack now & get it included as you'll then keep it as only new customers will be liable for the "you need SkySports for F1" change.

Sky are doing offers on HD at the moment,just ask when you call them.

@ The OP,I replied earlier that the Entertainment Extra Pack is every channel bar Sports/Movies.
    There's an offer running until tonight for free install & 2 months half price for new customers.

Thanks zerks..

I couldn't find the other Thread,,so that's why I posted here.

Advertisement