Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sar Wars Yoda sounds like...

• 14-05-2002 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭

Second poll in a day (sorry) but I'm really interested in the answer to this one.

Frank Oz, as well as doing the voice of Yoda, has done some other puppet voices in the past.

So, when he's doing Yoda, who do you think he sounds most like?
    (I've left out some of the ones he obviously doesn't sound like - incl Bert and Animal)

Comments and discussion welcome

Yoda sounds like... 67 votes

Fozzie Bear
    0% 0 votes
    Miss Piggy
    17% 12 votes
    Grover
    31% 21 votes
    Cookie Monster
    17% 12 votes
    Sam the American Eagle
    13% 9 votes
    None of the above - just Yoda
    1% 1 vote
    Atari Jaguar/Bugger off and stop posting polls
    17% 12 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Most definately Fozzie bear, but then just after voting I noticed the bugger off and stop posting polls choice.... darn what a wasted vote :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Hmm, it's a close tossup between Fozzie and Grover... but I'm going with Grover on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

he kinda sounds like the Cookie Monster i don't know why..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Hrm, I can't remember what cookie monster sounds like apart from "om-nyom-nom-nyom-COOKIEEESS!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

atari jaguar always!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

Sounds like yoda!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

I am too tired and cranky this morning to think about this in any depth so Atari Jaguar.

But probably sounds like a cross between all of the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

He sounds like Yoda to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

bugger off and stop posting polls!

Thats what i voted, but now that i think about it i think fozzie bear

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Like the little troll guy outta labyrinth

Man when Yoda
    gets medievil on Count Dookus ass, so funny, the best part of the film IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Giblet
    Like the little troll guy outta labyrinth

Actually he does sound like him:cool:, despite Hoggle's voice not having been done by Oz (Brian Henson stepped up for that one)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭JacquesPompidou

Hayden Christensen can NOT act.

And it's nice to know the Jedi are a bunch of gay priests, N'Sync are in the movie as Jedi. Yawn!! Kick them in the NUTS

Star Wars is the franchise of franchises. Die-Hard people are fanatic about it

Why do fans like it so much? I think part of it is just seeing George Lucas' latest chapter in the saga up there on the screen. The die-hard cultists are just so pleased that they can live with the enormous faults: hideous dialogue, bad plotting and American infomercial-grade acting.

Ironically, Yoda is no longer even a puppet or a silly little muppet. He's digitally enhanced. But when the Gandhi of the Star Wars epic engages in a light-saber duel he literally saves Episode II from quicksand. It's remarkable, and I recommend he be nominated for best supporting actor. Yawn!! Kick him in the NUTS!!

Still, the Force against dullness is finally goosing George Lucas. To alleviate his usual cornball jokes and solemn mythmaking, Lucas throws in Jedi love (who knew Jedis take a vow not to screw?). And check out the babe casting of the lovers: Natalie Portman as queen turned senator Padme Amidala, decked out in belly-baring outfits Britney would envy, and Hayden Christensen as hotheaded Jedi-in-training Anakin (Darth Vader's inside me somewhere) Skywalker. Yawn!! kick him in the NUTS!!

Suprise part of the Movie
    Is the New Zealander from the great movie "Once were warriors" now A crappy StarWars bounty Hunter ?Yawn!! I won't kick this guy in the NUts, cos he'd kick the shiite outta me!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

JacquesPompidou is full of s**t and is constantly spoiling a movie for people who haven't seen it. *yawn* Kick him in the nuts.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by JacquesPompidou
    Hayden Christensen can NOT act.

And it's nice to know the Jedi are a bunch of gay priests, N'Sync are in the movie as Jedi. Yawn!! Kick them in the NUTS

Star Wars is the franchise of franchises. Die-Hard people are fanatic about it

Why do fans like it so much? I think part of it is just seeing George Lucas' latest chapter in the saga up there on the screen. The die-hard cultists are just so pleased that they can live with the enormous faults: hideous dialogue, bad plotting and American infomercial-grade acting.

Ironically, Yoda is no longer even a puppet or a silly little muppet. He's digitally enhanced. But when the Gandhi of the Star Wars epic engages in a light-saber duel he literally saves Episode II from quicksand. It's remarkable, and I recommend he be nominated for best supporting actor. Yawn!! Kick him in the NUTS!!

Still, the Force against dullness is finally goosing George Lucas. To alleviate his usual cornball jokes and solemn mythmaking, Lucas throws in Jedi love (who knew Jedis take a vow not to screw?). And check out the babe casting of the lovers: Natalie Portman as queen turned senator Padme Amidala, decked out in belly-baring outfits Britney would envy, and Hayden Christensen as hotheaded Jedi-in-training Anakin (Darth Vader's inside me somewhere) Skywalker. Yawn!! kick him in the NUTS!!

Suprise part of the Movie
    Is the New Zealander from the great movie "Once were warriors" now A crappy StarWars bounty Hunter ?Yawn!! I won't kick this guy in the NUts, cos he'd kick the shiite outta me!

:D

Already posted that exact post on another thread, piss off you spamming fúckhead

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Practical

Its the COOKIE MONSTOR !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Yoda sounds like the Junklady from Labyrinth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 IrishGuykokoJin

Cookie monster, he always seems to be mumblin somethin' and talkin with his mouth full.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Lei Xiejiang

Yoda is related to Miss Piggy, and he's got quite the temper. Sounds just like Miss Piggy with a light sabre, Hheeeeeiie yyyaaa!

Take that Kermie you frog!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Kim Tae-Woo

Pigman is right.

Junklady from Labyrinth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

He sounds like the cookie monster , it was gas i couldnt stop laughing in the cinema everytime he spoke .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

atari jaguar always!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭BJJ

Ms Piggy on XTC!
    Boy was Yoda a lame character just like many others from Star Wars, Jar Jar, Ewoks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Keep on Trekin

Grover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 JarJar bink

Dis is a some kinda Joke man!

Yoda only sound like a Yoda

No one else.

Ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Zaphod B

JarJar why can you not see through this fascade :( its simple, Yoda is the Cookie Monster's dyslexic-speaking brother.

"Mmmm, todays letters, E B and Q are. Todays, 5 1 and 22, numbers are"

Now I demand to see Big Bird and the Grouch dueling with lightsabers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Kim Tae-Woo

Changed my mind ... It's Fozzie Bear

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

He sounds exactly like an atari jaguar :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Mistakill

he sounds like Gonzo if you ask me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 IrishGuykokoJin

Me Yoda Mmmmm me luve Cookies. Yum yaum yum , use da force to get more Cookies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement