Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A Song for Europe [contest]

• 22-05-2012 8:58am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭

For a laugh, let's see who can come up with the best/worst Eurovision song with a deadline of 5 days.

The idea is straightforward enough - find some obscure song on youtube, preferably not in English and write new lyrics to it. Bonus points for synching your new lyrics to the video!

To enter, just put your name on this thread and choose a country to represent. The country does not need to be in any way related to the video you choose.

If you do not wish to enter, but do wish to vote, please post to indicate this so we know how many voters we can expect.

Voting on Monday next, open to everyone and in the traditional Eurovision style of giving points to various songs in ascending order. The number of points allowed per 'country' will be defined by the number of entrants.

On Monday, I'll put up a spreadsheet on Google docs and update the scoring 'live'.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

:D Let me think about it.

*Looks at reim of paper, red pen and Elements of Style*

Argh.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 needacchelp

Sure I'll give it a go!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I love Eurovision!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

dont have software to enter but i'll vote no bother!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

What software do you need?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

maybe i'm being a bit dim but i presumed you would superimpose the new lyrics on the video as subtitles hence the in sync?

Or am i over the top with this notion? :o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Ah no, sorry, I just meant if the lyrics matched up with the action in the clip.

Advertisement