Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well paid jobs, for inexperienced people.

• 22-03-2006 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I'm currently in the market for a new job, i've kept my eye open for the past few weeks, i am being picky as i'm trying to raise my wage so obviously there are slim pickings. My work is customer service based, i have good experience.

I'm just wondering what other kind of jobs that are available that pay well, lets say 25k +, but require no experience/qualifications?

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Go work for CIE (or any semi state),I believe the basic pay in Dublin Bus is around 35k with most earning around 40k to 45k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

The basic pay for what job? Driver?

I have to clarify, i'm not looking for a career, i'm just looking for a well paid job to get me by. Also, looking for a regular '9-5' IF possible or some variable to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

when you say job, not a career, how long are you willing to dedicate yourself to a company?

this is sometimes a big point for corps, as they are not interested in putting someone in a place and training them up just for them to go after a year.
    that's why it is slim pickings on side

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

LundiMardi wrote:
    The basic pay for what job? Driver?

Yes,I think after a training period its around 35k before overtime,but that would be shift pay etc etc.
    LundiMardi wrote:
    I have to clarify, i'm not looking for a career, i'm just looking for a well paid job to get me by. Also, looking for a regular '9-5' IF possible or some variable to that.

You and about 500,000 others :) .

Gilgamesh wrote:
    when you say job, not a career, how long are you willing to dedicate yourself to a company?

this is sometimes a big point for corps, as they are not interested in putting someone in a place and training them up just for them to go after a year.
    that's why it is slim pickings on side
    I'll stay in a job as long as i like it:) But if they were to ask me that at an interview, i'd stay for ever!;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭oli_ro

Dub13 wrote:
    You and about 500,000 others :) .

LOL

Don't get me wrong, if i could find a job that i can make a career out of, and like it enough to do so and get paid enough to do so, then i'm all for it.. I can't really see it happening though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

sales! no exp needed, just capable of tallking complete rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Ebay are hiring customer services.. its 23k basic with benefits including VHI plab B + healthsteps Silver, share options, pension.. im sure there are others i cant think of and also onsite gym!!!

I used to work for them, their starting basic has gone down though! Good place to work though, recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

I believe there is a website, something along the lines of "first time" or "no experience". The pay is pretty good so I'm told!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

I believe prostitution pays well, and you don't have to be that experienced, although it helps! The hours may not suit you, although you never stated which 9-5 you wanted to work... :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

testicle wrote:
    I believe prostitution pays well, and you don't have to be that experienced, although it helps! The hours may not suit you, although you never stated which 9-5 you wanted to work... :)

Damn, you beat me too it! I was about to ask if the original poster was a young cute female virgin. Rich pickings would certainly be paid for the likes :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

LundiMardi wrote:
    Good place to work though, recommended.
    That sounds like a typical piece of ebay feedback! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

BossArky wrote:
    Damn, you beat me too it! I was about to ask if the original poster was a young cute female virgin. Rich pickings would certainly be paid for the likes :cool:
    :eek: But thats illegal.
    I was gonna recommend Stringfellows or Angels. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

try school of sales they can get you a jobs selling in a multinational and the pay is mid 30s.

MM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Well paid jobs, for inexperienced people.
    Manage a telecoms customer service department.

*ba-dum-tishh*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

There's a few guys where I work making huge amounts of money from sales.
    Scary really.

Advertisement