Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hattrick

• 08-04-2005 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Ferrioxide

Hope this is the right place to post this. Just wondering if many people have played Hattrick. If not it's a great online fotball management game and it's well worth a look.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Actually there was a thread here that dealt with Hattrick. Cant seem to find it though. Anyway, quite a few people play it here. Im in league IV so i cant really give tips though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

im in it too but only in league IV too.It takes a while to get the hang of it.Im a member now 5 months and still getting to grips.
    What team are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Hopefully my team, Ardmore Rovers, will be in div III next season :)

Im 'Jossestown Rovers' (73635)
    Trying to get some decent youths, still havent had a good pull yet. On my 3rd season now and midtable :)

im Galwayman(281378), in my second seaso, have a s**t team but proberly take me a few more seasons to do well.
    Boro want to play a friendly sometime, tipp verses galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

redsers rovers, top of the league right now, sunday week is first against second, winner takes all.

Sure Galwaydude

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ruadan

Balfa wrote:
    Hopefully my team, Ardmore Rovers, will be in div III next season :)

You're ardmore, 3-0 was a bit of an inflated result, we should have done better, ye will be promoted though, while some of us are in playoffs to stay in IV.13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Ferrioxide

Tony's Tigers is my team and the user-name is Jericho.

seen ya on the conferences there

Actually got a reasonable youth pull there after complaining about it (above) :) - a 17yr old solid winger. Flogged him too. Might name my new stand after him!

• Advertisement

The 'ol Youth squad always comes good. Sweet pull for me this week.

2 solid keepers in a row from my newly eccilent y/s. :D

Ive been on excellent ys for 8/9 months now and ive only pulled one solid and he is the only player with a TSI over 300 too!

Being a tad unlucky.

how long does it take to make it excellent.

it takes a full season after it reaches solid to reach excellent

mine is wretched at the moment so it will take years to get to excellent at that rate.

2 years if you invest the max every week.

But solids can still be pulled from any level Y/s, just the probability changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Got my team today and they have already been relegated, I play Draupnir's team this week but I doubt I'll be able to stop him winning the league. Teams called the Gomins if I'm in your league next season.

Ruadan wrote:
    2 years if you invest the max every week.

But solids can still be pulled from any level Y/s, just the probability changes.
    Took me a lot less than 2 years to get my YS to excellent - maybe 3/4 months i think? By 2 years do you mean 2 seasons?

sorry, took me 2 rl years, but for ages i didn't invest, then invested the min, i've invested the max for about 1 and a half seasons to get it from inad t0 excellent

• Advertisement

Well the season is over - anyone on here do particularly well?
    I got mid table in IV27 - did better than last season but i still need to strengthen
    i let the game slip for most of this season, getting back into it now though

playoff vs bot.

going home for summer so the whole net thing will suffer, crappy dialup and and parents complaining about bills. *sigh*

Finished mid table too, only getting to grips with it now even though my team are s**t.

You training reserves in your friendlies Galwaydude? Or do you play your first team?

playing reserves mostly now, my youth system rating has gone up too poor from wretched in 3 weeks so heres hoping it continues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 bleachn

bleachn Rovers here: finished second this season... was at the last Dublin boozer, where I met feroxide, a.k.a Jerico...

That was a good laugh all right. Good to put faces to some of the names.

I've got a promotion playoff and I've had a rotten day on the transfer market I've been out-bidded(slightly) on both the Irish and Maltese U-20 keepers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 bleachn

I lost my match against the Langer, so I slid into 2nd for this season... am trying a new tactic of buying middies with weak stamina for the off season and then getting them upto excellent and see if I can make a profit. Then hopefully after my first full home game I'll be bettering my team...

currently saving to buy a mythical inner midfielder, gonna need about 2.5. have 1.2 and a bit of cash to come so it might be a dream come true after about week 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

hey folks. do you lot consider the username plasticpaddy to be racist? gm-andycolu seems to think so. :confused:

Advertisement