Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE Drew McIntyre's prospects

• 06-01-2012 9:49pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Drew isn't a name I really imagined would be there, especially with his run of late.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Denny M wrote: »
    Drew isn't a name I really imagined would be there, especially with his run of late.

Drew has improved immensely if you watch Superstars

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

rovert wrote: »
    I dont think he is talking about his ability, more so the fact that he always seems to be losing. Was the list supposed to be in kayfabe, or reality? If kayfabe, it makes very little sense having him there but if it's reality, fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

And he hasn't improved, he's always been fantastic. The most criminally underused guy on the WWE roster.

And he hasn't improved, he's always been fantastic. The most criminally underused guy on the WWE roster.
    I fully expected him to have been world champion by now. How they screwed up so badly with him is beyond me. I wouldnt even buy him as a midcard champion now. He needs a lot of work to look like a challenger again. That move to Raw more or less killed his career which is bizarre as he was supposidly one of Triple H's favourites during his time on Smackdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Great Music too. He's one guy I wouldn't mind tna signing if he left wwe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

By James Caldwell, PWTorch assistant editor

Several TNA names have appeared in recent reports based on WWE's interest in signing the wrestlers once their TNA contracts expire. The following is a break down of reported names and WWE's actual interest (some or none), according to sources.

-- Beer Money (James Storm & Robert Roode): Last year, WWE had interest in the wrestlers as a tag team, but not as individuals. It would be interesting to see if WWE has re-scouted them as individuals following their TNA split and current singles runs.

-- Rob Van Dam: WWE has interest in bringing back RVD, who was a "free agent" when he decided to sign with TNA in March 2010.

-- Matt Morgan: WWE showed interest in Morgan in 2011, but Morgan noted in a Facebook Chat last year that he opted to "stay loyal" to TNA after being in contact with WWE.

-- Bully Ray: WWE has shown interest in Ray, who has dropped weight and done some of the best work of his career over the past 6-9 months.

-- Ink, Inc.: WWE may have interest in bringing back Shannon Moore, but Jesse Neal is viewed as a developmental prospect, at best.

-- Samoa Joe: WWE does not have interest in Joe. Joe was offered a WWE developmental contract in the early 2000s, but turned it down.

-- The Pope. WWE had interest in Pope D'Angelo Dinero last year when his career appeared to be on the rise, but Pope, who wrestled on the ECW brand as Elijah Burke, has not helped his cause by becoming lost in the shuffle in TNA.

-- Angelina Love. WWE currently does not have interest in Love, who has heat in the WWE women's locker room, according to sources. Love's TNA contract runs through the end of the year.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/TNA_News_1/article_56628.shtml

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I dont think he is talking about his ability, more so the fact that he always seems to be losing.
    Yeah, that was my point. He's always been talented, but he's been given nothing but losses on SD of late. Unless they are doing a MVP style recovery, I dunno what they are aiming for with him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Considering Drew was never really on Raw it wouldn't take much to build him up at all. If he was on tv losing every week for the last year it would be tougher. Thats one of the reasons I don't get his current storyline, he could easily have been brought back to smackdown and say he was held back on Raw as people were afraid of him and so on.

Im wondering if he pissed off someone, or if they have just gotten bored and decided to see what happens when you lose a lot of matches for seemingly no reason.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

That's the problem when you hire someone in their early 20s, shove them on TV and expect them to wrestle & cut promos like they were in their 30s.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Im wondering if he pissed off someone, or if they have just gotten bored and decided to see what happens when you lose a lot of matches for seemingly no reason.

Think his Ex-Wife landed him in the "WWE Doghouse"(as those dirtsheet rags call it)

His big fight with his ex-wife was the eve or weekend of Linda's election bid
    Think his Ex-Wife landed him in the "WWE Doghouse"(as those dirtsheet rags call it)

Not this again

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

(as those dirtsheet rags call it)

Easy there walt...

"Being in the doghouse" is a colloquial term and whether if WWE has one Drew is unqualified proof as was Melina for chunks of her career especially after her twitter documented New Years Eve 2010/11 fight/brief break up with JoMo. WWE does want their Superstars to provide escapism not public domestic disputes ESPECIALLY post Benoit.

Im not talking about The Observer Rovert, im talking about those shady internet sites that make up rumours about people being "In the Doghouse" to get cheap hits to their sites, although Drew is clearly legimately in the Doghouse for the said action of his wife..#DiscussionOver

Im not talking about The Observer Rovert, im talking about those shady internet sites that make up rumours about people being "In the Doghouse" to get cheap hits to their sites, although Drew is clearly legimately in the Doghouse for the said action of his wife..#DiscussionOver

But they arent dirtsheets

20080202231407!Beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Not matter what a drugged up Matt Hardy in a hotel room tells you

But they arent dirtsheets

20080202231407%21Beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Not matter what a drugged up Matt Hardy in a hotel room tells you

Honestly you've lost me here, is this some past argument you've gotten in with other posters or something??? Because i dont know what beating a dead horse has to do with Drew being in the doghouse because of Tiffany:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Honestly you've lost me here, is this some past argument you've gotten in with other posters or something??? Because i dont know what beating a dead horse has to do with Drew being in the doghouse because of Tiffany:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Myself and Jayk traded fisticuffs in the It Begins thread over the genuine misuse IMO of the term dirtsheet to describe cut and paste sites which less than faithfully take stories from the more established (pay) sites.

Myself and Jayk traded fisticuffs in the It Begins thread over the genuine misuse IMO of the term dirtsheet to describe cut and paste sites which less than faithfully take stories from the more established (pay) sites.

Thats fair enough... Another issue for another day!

Thats fair enough... Another issue for another day!

That's for sure :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

6088555_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Split from the news thread.

Walter/rovert, please stop arguing about semantics.

We did and it isnt semantics

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I really enjoyed Drews previous smackdown run so looked back on some matches and I loved the way he would use the ring, catching people in the apron or stomp a guys head into the ring steps. His matches were pretty good so its a shame things went bad for a while.

I also think his finisher is really well done. So hopefully he gets a chance to use it some time soon!

On Smackdown his upper body seemed really deleloped I guess he is taking his losing streak as a serious push/chance

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

So drew lost a match which means he "could be" fired?
    What a weak ass storyline. Heres hoping he is fired and then hired by John Laryngitis and given some sort of story on raw.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

They'll hold on to him for sure, he's already payed his penance for his domestic. Great talent and still only in his 20s, Drew will be a star in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I find the guy to be awfully cringeworthy on the mic but his aggression in the ring and how he holds himself in general within it is quite impressive. A good prospect but that's all at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,329 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Drew should join Vickie's stable

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭CoolHat

I personally believe Drew is a good wrestler with a great look.

I think what hurt Drew is that when he debuted the fans werent reacting well to him & the backstage polictics that followed to that.

Then the whole thing with his ex-wife and the polictics/backbiting that followed from that too.

Advertisement