Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Its not guns though, its a lad playing guns songs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

darryn wrote: »
    Its not guns though, its a lad playing guns songs

A talented lad playing guns songs

And there's a whole new scale of what he's brought to the band in terms of musicianship and showmanship to be perfectly honest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

A talented lad playing guns songs

And there's a whole new scale of what he's brought to the band in terms of musicianship and showmanship to be perfectly honest

Yea but if I wanted to see guns, I wouldn't care who was playing guitar, its basically the Axl show, don't get me wrong I know the band are talented, but that's not really the point

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Guns N' Roses are notorious for being late onstage, but they tested their fans' patience to the limit last night (May 29) by not taking to the stage until after 11pm (GMT).

The band were performing at Manchester's Arena and were due on at 10pm (GMT), however, they didn't actually hit the stage until over an hour later.

Although they were very late, the band still played a 33-song, three hour show, which finished up after 2.15am. This was despite being told by organisers that they had to finish by 11pm. By the end, there were reportedly only 6,000 in the venue, 10,000 less than the arena's capacity.

Many ticket goers were angry and took to Twitter to protest. Alison Parker, who was at the gig, tweeted: "I'm angry. Guns N' Roses? No Goons and Losers. Had to leave for last train before they even graced us with their presence. Disgusted." A crowd member also reportedly vented their anger by hurling a pint at Axl Rose, which struck him during 'Welcome To The Jungle'.

However, the band's official Twitter paid no mind to the mass walkout, simply writing: "A tip of the hat to the good folk at the Manchester Arena. To say Manchester rocks is an understatement! London calling!"

Guns N' Roses end their UK tour with two nights at London's O2 Arena, starting tomorrow (May 31) and finishing on Friday (June 1).

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

jesus what is it with axl always getting hit with something during welcome to the jungle eh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

http://www.planetrock.com/news/rock-news/gnr-planned-late-finish-in-glasgow/

Denied by the band of course but apparently these late starts aren't always unplanned as they've always claimed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

If you're going to a Guns N' Roses concert and expect them on early, you're an idiot who didnt bother to do an ounce of research before hand.. Very, very, very rarely do they be on stage before 10:30. It's always been like that. You should expect it. Some aul one was upset at them being late, it's a nothing story.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

According to twitter Izzy joined them onstage tonight in London

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    If you're going to a Guns N' Roses concert and expect them on early, you're an idiot who didnt bother to do an ounce of research before hand..

Steady on,less of the attitude.

The way i see it,if the band are always going to be late then they should print it on the tickets,eg.

Doors Open:18.30

XXXXXX:19.00

XXXXXX:20.15

GN'R:22.00

Will it happen,no. It would kill ticket sales as the casual fans would stay away knowing it would cost them more to get home,especially midweek.It'd be commercial suicide by the band and promoters.

Not everyone spends their days tracking GN'R on the internet. Many go as they think it'll be a good night out and a chance to hear 'the hits'. With the exception of a couple of my favourite bands i never look to see what they're playing on tour as the setlist is half the surprise.Most,with the exception of hardcore fans,won't look at other shows for setlists and what time they hit the stage. Granted 2010 increased coverage of this phenomena but many probably thought it was a once off.

lord lucan wrote: »
    Steady on,less of the attitude.

The way i see it,if the band are always going to be late then they should print it on the tickets,eg.

Doors Open:18.30

XXXXXX:19.00

XXXXXX:20.15

GN'R:22.00

Will it happen,no. It would kill ticket sales as the casual fans would stay away knowing it would cost them more to get home,especially midweek.It'd be commercial suicide by the band and promoters.

Not everyone spends their days tracking GN'R on the internet. Many go as they think it'll be a good night out and a chance to hear 'the hits'. With the exception of a couple of my favourite bands i never look to see what they're playing on tour as the setlist is half the surprise.Most,with the exception of hardcore fans,won't look at other shows for setlists and what time they hit the stage. Granted 2010 increased coverage of this phenomena but many probably thought it was a once off.

Any time I go to a concert, I have a quick look online (literally less than five minutes) to see around what time they came on stage at in their last few shows. I'd have thought that was simply common sense.

Even if that made too much sense, surely you would want to know what time you can expect it to be finished at so you can work out how you are getting home?

• Advertisement

Any time I go to a concert, I have a quick look online (literally less than five minutes) to see around what time they came on stage at in their last few shows. I'd have thought that was simply common sense.

Even if that made too much sense, surely you would want to know what time you can expect it to be finished at so you can work out how you are getting home?

Given that 99% of the shows i've ever been to here are over by 23.00 i've never felt the need to check. I can only ever recall a couple of shows that have ran over and they were due to technical reasons that were addressed over the PA by band reps/promoter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

Izzy played 5 songs last night, Here is the link with pics.

http://www.hennemusic.com/2012/05/photos-izzy-stradlin-joins-guns-n-roses.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

And here's a clip of 14 Years. The song is all over the shop, they're not exactly singing off the same hymn sheet! But nice to see it getting an airing after all these years anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1PXQvoatcI

No doubt some fans will be thinking 'why didn't Izzy do the Hall of Fame?'
    But there's a bit of a difference between doing a few songs at the O2 in London and playing at an awards show in front of mostly record industry execs and the likes.
    Guess it's that old Indiana thing goin on there.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

No doubt some fans will be thinking 'why didn't Izzy do the Hall of Fame?'
    But there's a bit of a difference between doing a few songs at the O2 in London and playing at an awards show in front of mostly record industry execs and the likes.
    Guess it's that old Indiana thing goin on there.....

Rumour has it that Axle pays him off...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

It seems the Great One has banned people from wearing Slash t-shirts at GNR gigs LOL. What a sap. I'd love it if if he saw some lad with long curly black hair in the crowd and yelled out 'I'm taking you to the floor mother****er!' before leaping on him.

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/64110?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

It seems the Great One has banned people from wearing Slash t-shirts at GNR gigs LOL. What a sap. I'd love it if if he saw some lad with long curly black hair in the crowd and yelled out 'I'm taking you to the floor mother****er!' before leaping on him.

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/64110?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

This came up before iirc,maybe 2/3 years ago in the US. I thought it was one of them silly urban myths tbh.

Edit: It was Canada 2 years ago. http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/24/slash-guns-and-roses-axl-rose-clothing-shirts-hat/

lord lucan wrote: »
    This came up before iirc,maybe 2/3 years ago in the US. I thought it was one of them silly urban myths tbh.
    Longer than that. I think it first came up with the original return in 2001/2002.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Local police are reporting that Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose was robbed of three gold-and-diamond necklaces worth $200,000 after the band's recent show in Paris.

A spokesman of local police stated Rose was fuming after the theft during a private gathering after the band’s show.

http://www.alterthepress.com/2012/06/guns-n-roses-axl-rose-robbed-in-paris.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭rednik

Pity they didn't get his watch, just to see what time it is set for !!!.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

Would well believe that security were instructed in that regard, as he has had fans thrown out of gigs before for wearing Slash t-shirts:

• Advertisement

whiplashed wrote: »
    Would well believe that security were instructed in that regard, as he has had fans thrown out of gigs before for wearing Slash t-shirts:

In fairness this clip is over 10 years old at this stage, so he might not be so inclined to make such a public statement, at least not to an audience member during a gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Appetite for Destruction 25 years old today

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ron doesn't sound happy if his tweets are a true reflection of his feelings. He sounds pissed off.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Ron doesn't sound happy if his tweets are a true reflection of his feelings. He sounds pissed off.

I refuse to use twitter. What's it about?

I refuse to use twitter. What's it about?

@bumblefoot: Success without a feeling of integrity, or happiness, is not success. To me. We all have to re-evaluate our compromises once in a while...

@bumblefoot: Crew working dangerously nonstop due to added show. Not ok with that... (Hey, if anyone has a prob with my honesty *UNFOLLOW* me.)

@bumblefoot: Wow. Diverted without info (or gear or clothes or sleep) to play a wedding in France. Yep. Guess it's not *one show left*...

@bumblefoot: One. More. ****ING. Show. One more.

He was having trouble with his back before the Euro tour started, wasn't he? Can't imagine he is too happy with shows getting added with probably no notice. I'm guessing he was planning on some down time to let his back recover from such a long tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

My spidey senses tell me that Axles HR department might be busy finding another contract guitar player...

BTW. Getting G'n R to play at your wedding is a good idea, but I was able to find another cover band for allot less money for a 30th birthday party recently...

He was having trouble with his back before the Euro tour started, wasn't he? Can't imagine he is too happy with shows getting added with probably no notice. I'm guessing he was planning on some down time to let his back recover from such a long tour.

A lot of the pain in his back is gone now, thankfully he was able to see a doctor when he was in the UK, and was given a successful course of treatement which greatly helped his recouperation - he left the UK feeling 1000% better then when he came in

Ron's problem is his honesty, he's a genuinely nice guy, and when you've been on the road for almost three months living out of suitcases - despite how much high profile and comfort this kind of tour brings - you're gonna be slightly pissed off if there is one more show or if you get diverted to France or something.

In any case, GNR "fans" also hold a large percentage of people who just cannot take bad news in any form, anything which even slightly casts a negative comment over the band is attacked...which is completely unfair and totally unrealistic, because not everything is rosey in the GNR world.

In any case, last show in Spain today, cannot believe the European tour is almost over. Feels like so long ago now when I saw them in Dublin and the UK earlier this year....

For me, one of the highlights of this tour has been Izzy's appearance in the 02 to perform 14 Years

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ahsured

Does anyone remember those bootleg guns and roses tapes during the 80s
    I think I bought one called good or somefink
    You could buy them on any corner of the capital,the same guy
    used to travel the country selling those necklases with skulls
    crosses etc on them.

Is he still around

• Advertisement

GNR are playing twelve nights in las Vegas in October and november.

Advertisement