Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody buy a delta sewing machine from Aldi in Dec/Jan last

• 22-04-2010 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭iarann

Hi,

Im having a few problems with a sewing machine bought in Aldi in early Jan. Did anybody else buy one of these? how do you find it?

J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭anucksunamun

I got a Delta sowing machine for christmas two years ago, it took me a whole year to get them to sort out taking it back and fixing it.. was given the total run around.. I dont know if it was a bad batch, but 2 of my cousins got them, and one friend, and two out of four had the same issue.. my cousin was offered her money back in the store.. but decided to send it back.. big mistake! its been back twice.. and all because the timing is off. Mine is now working.

And now to what you actually asked :o it seems to be working fine for me now, no problems, a little sticky sometimes with the timing. What about yourself, whats the problem your having?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭iarann

It keeps jamming up, looks like the thread gets in a knot around the bobbin, this jams everything up and then the thread usually breaks.

Did the full 9 yards on the troubleshooting, support can only advise me to check thread tension, some help!

I can sometimes get it to work for straight runs as long as I hold the loose ends of the threads to get it started & I dont have to start at the edge of the material.

Im really wondering if I should cut my losses or it is worth chasing to get it fixed, especially if it takes a year:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 30 fabrico

Thats just not acceptable. If you have your receipt you are entitled to a complete refund on the spot if does not do what it is meant to. Stand your ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭shellz

We sell machines in my workplace, and we always recommend not buying machines from Aldi/Lidl - not just so we get the business :p - but it's so hard to get those machines serviced or repaired, or to get replacement parts. It's worth it to spend a bit more on a properly branded machine like a Singer, Silver, Brother, etc, just to avoid the hassle you've both experienced!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭thebaldsoprano

Slightly OT, but I've noticed that you can get better quality tools than those on offer at LIDL/ALDI at similar prices if you shop around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭hazeler

iarann wrote: »
    Hi,

Im having a few problems with a sewing machine bought in Aldi in early Jan. Did anybody else buy one of these? how do you find it?

J

I have one of these for about 3 years now and I have never had a problem. Its a Delta machine and it still works super. Now I dont use it for a living but I do use it often and have never had a problem with it. Have put through all sorts of fabrics and I know two other ladies in my sewing circle that have ones too and have never heard a complaint from there either... Did yuou try using metal bobbins instead of the plastic ones? that might help with the sticking?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭iarann

Thanks to all who commented.

I logged a call with the support company & they went through trouble shooting etc. Finally it was agreed the unit had to go back but as I couldnt find the receipt they would not proceed. They did however suggest I return to shop & ask for copy of receipt.

I called to local store & manager took details & we showed copy of laser statement, they posted out a letter stating that I had bought and the support company had a replacement to us withing 5 days. This one works fine.

Buid not as good as some other brands but fine for the price. In fairness to Aldi once I followed their procedure all went smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Carmila

Hi,

I'm trying to find the CD/manual for this sewing machine, I was wondering if any of you could lend it to me... I promise you'd be rewarded!

After an intense research looking for the **** manual, I finally found it in pdf, but I am really interested on the video...

In my research I found out that Delta is Aldi's commercial name for this sewing machine, but Yamata is actually the maker. Yamata called this model FY2300 (Yamata FY2300 = Aldi Delta). You can go to yamata.com to buy accessories or spares parts. Same thing.

Now, if anyone needs the manual, you have to search for

Mod 790 - 791 - 795 - nm902 - fy2300

Any of those models of sewing machines are our Delta...

Enjoy de sewing... :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mpkhogan

hazeler wrote: »
    I have one of these for about 3 years now and I have never had a problem. Its a Delta machine and it still works super. Now I dont use it for a living but I do use it often and have never had a problem with it. Have put through all sorts of fabrics and I know two other ladies in my sewing circle that have ones too and have never heard a complaint from there either... Did yuou try using metal bobbins instead of the plastic ones? that might help with the sticking?

hi i just read your reply on the sewing machine . i also have a aldi sewing machine was working perfectly but now it looks like my power cable has broken ,has anyone any idea where i might get a replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Carmila

hi i just read your reply on the sewing machine . i also have a aldi sewing machine was working perfectly but now it looks like my power cable has broken ,has anyone any idea where i might get a replacement[/Quote]

Reply:

Delta is Aldi's commercial name for this sewing machine, but Yamata is actually the maker. Yamata called this model FY2300 (Yamata FY2300 = Aldi Delta). You can go to yamata.com to buy accessories or spares parts. Same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 mpkhogan

theres a shop in waterford [can be found online]they said they can replace the power cable for 30 euro[thats whats wrong with my machine too].but if its not t:)he power cable i'm down 30€ and still no machine so might be cheaper to replace it in argos.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

mpkhogan wrote: »
    theres a shop in waterford [can be found online]they said they can replace the power cable for 30 euro[thats whats wrong with my machine too].but if its not t:)he power cable i'm down 30€ and still no machine so might be cheaper to replace it in argos.:)

Singer Sewing Center, Newgate st, waterford.

http://www.goldenpages.ie/singer-pfaff-husqvarna-sewing-centre-waterford/

• Carmila wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm trying to find the CD/manual for this sewing machine, I was wondering if any of you could lend it to me... I promise you'd be rewarded!

After an intense research looking for the **** manual, I finally found it in pdf, but I am really interested on the video...

In my research I found out that Delta is Aldi's commercial name for this sewing machine, but Yamata is actually the maker. Yamata called this model FY2300 (Yamata FY2300 = Aldi Delta). You can go to yamata.com to buy accessories or spares parts. Same thing.

Now, if anyone needs the manual, you have to search for

Mod 790 - 791 - 795 - nm902 - fy2300

Any of those models of sewing machines are our Delta...

Enjoy de sewing... :D:D

Are you still looking for the DVD? Cause I have it but I'm desperately looking for the instructions manual! I lent my sewing machine to a friend but she lost the manual. I tried looking online for it under the Yamata like you said. I could make you a copy if it allows me to of the DVD and post it to you if you wouldnt mind emailing or posting me a copy of the manual. I would really appreciate it!

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chocpawprints

HI everyone, I got a gift of the aldi sewing machine and would like to attempt to use it. It has been sitting in its box for some years now. I have never used a sewing machine before . I have tired to follow the instruction manual but its like double dutch to me!!. Does anyone know where i could access an instruction video???:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Youtube is your friend, try something easy first, like just sewing a bit of curtain lining.

Once you can thread it you're away.

The worst you can do is break a few needles.

Any issues let us know, if you have the model number of your machine, but it up, there may not be videos of your machine on youtube, but of a machine similar.

Advertisement