Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tony Quinn

• 10-02-2005 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

what is everyones idea on his diet pills ect??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

sh1te.... waste of money , if you're lokking to use weight loss supplements check the thread on diet supplements. There's an interesting post or two about a caffeine/nicotine gum stack with links to studies done on them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Over priced !!!!!

Can't speak for his diet pills, but I know his creatine was analysed a few years ago against one of the more reputable brands (EAS i think) and let's just say that Tony's creatine didn't come out if the tests looking too good.

I haven't got the link to back this up so I'll say no more about it, but when buying supplements I tend to go for the EAS brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

Hows it going,

I take it you mean the Amino-Or. Haven't tried them so I don't know, however Tony Quinns source alot of their supplements from the Life Extension Foundation and re-badge it with a HUGE mark up.

You might want to check out http://www.lef.org/newshop/cgi-shop/showCategory.cgi?catid=33000
    The sites very informative as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

well its not for me..

my friend asked me about them i thought personally that they where very dangerous
    am i wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

My opinion: I do not advise diet pills, Tony Quinns or otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

@cajun_tiger: Tell your friend to stay away from anything tony quinn related - not just the pills! That guy has made quite a few peoples lives a misery as a consequence of his scams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

They work alright, I wouldn't use wikipedia as a definitive source on ephedra or ephedrine related products but as with any substance that is a CNS stimulant if you have pre-existing or a history of heart disease then it's best to stay away from it.

(Not the Tony Quinn variety obviously.)

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Easygainer

Tony Quinn supplements are useless and overpriced - the fact that he claims casein protein is better than whey is all the proof you need. Tony has somehow brainwashed some people into thinking his supplements are amazing - and I'm not talking newbies - the list includes at least 2 Mr Ireland's shamefully. (They took it after their victories!)

Anything labelled "diet" pills are for people too stupid to draw up their own diet or understand that the ingredients could be sourced a lot cheaper elsewhere. You can get 180 200mg caffeine pills for about €15 in any health shop around the country. Alternatively, maxwell house or nescafé would do... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭black123

Stay away from tony quinn and his products. If you want use something else instead. Ive watched a family lose everything because of him. The diet pills are nothing more that dog food no nutrition in any of them. You have to take loads everyday and could not be g0od for you. He is a complete con artist and has stolen millions from gullible Irish people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Pro-Nutrition

black123 wrote: »
    Stay away from tony quinn and his products. If you want use something else instead. Ive watched a family lose everything because of him. The diet pills are nothing more that dog food no nutrition in any of them. You have to take loads everyday and could not be g0od for you. He is a complete con artist and has stolen millions from gullible Irish people.

I have to agree, I spoke to a guy only last week. He lost a fortune because of this TQ fella. A complete con man and should be locked up because of him so many people lost so much money and more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 C.Rizzle

There all a joke and a rip off, i used tony quinns animo acids and they put extra weight on instead of loosing as it because there animo acids (Protean), I also used HyperDrive 3.0 this was ****e to and i got terrible chest pains while on them, and could not get to sleep until all hours. If you wana loose weight theres only one proper way the good old fashion running, watch wat you eat and it falls off a way better option in the long run free to!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 C.Rizzle

Hows it going,

I take it you mean the Amino-Or. Haven't tried them so I don't know, however Tony Quinns source alot of their supplements from the Life Extension Foundation and re-badge it with a HUGE mark up.

You might want to check out http://www.lef.org/newshop/cgi-shop/showCategory.cgi?catid=33000
    The sites very informative as well
    That Amino acids is bull**** does not work atol i bought the bleeding things put extra weight on me,,,,,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

C.Rizzle wrote: »
    There all a joke and a rip off, i used tony quinns animo acids and they put extra weight on instead of loosing it

I very much doubt that.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Enormous amount of BS in this thread. Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement