Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A-TEC Moderators, any good ?

• 05-09-2011 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭

Tinkering with the idea of sticking one of these on my .270,its the only mod i'd consider because its only around 280 grams,plus i'd cut 2 " off the barrel which should save me another 50 grams or so.
    I've read about some aluminium moderators suffering badly from muzzel flash,and at 320 odd euro ,just wondering how long i'd get out of an a-tec before it would be ruined.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

Tinkering with the idea of sticking one of these on my .270,its the only mod i'd consider because its only around 280 grams,plus i'd cut 2 " off the barrel which should save me another 50 grams or so.
    I've read about some aluminium moderators suffering badly from muzzel flash,and at 320 odd euro ,just wondering how long i'd get out of an a-tec before it would be ruined.

No personal experience but from what I've heard they're pretty good.
    What weight does the ASE Northstar come in at? I have one on my .223 and it seems the business, I haven't had it long...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

If it's a lightweight mod you want go for a Roedale aluminium.
    Ultra light and compact. Edi Graffe imports them, I have one on my 30-06 and find it very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Ultra light and compact. Edi Graffe imports them, I have one on my 30-06 and find it very good.

I'd prefer the Ti Model,as it's slightly less impervious to dings.

They are top Quality though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭GixxerThou

Have one... love it! Stuck in an extra baffle, very quiet and is wearing well, Ive 600 odd rounds through mine and still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,905 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I am using an Aluminium Roedale with 2 stainless nitrided baffles in it to slow the flame cutting down.
    They seem to be working well with no sign of any cutting yet and there has been at least 3 boxes through it so far.
    Easy to clean, lightweight and customisable for whatever you want to do.
    I really like mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

GixxerThou wrote: »
    Have one... love it! Stuck in an extra baffle, very quiet and is wearing well, Ive 600 odd rounds through mine and still going strong.

What lenght barrel is that on Gixxer

What lenght barrel is that on Gixxer

Was 20inch, now 22inch..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

GixxerThou wrote: »
    Was 20inch, now 22inch..

I ask because i believe that in a .270,the muzzle flash is over (all power is burnt) after 22" and on a 20" barrel ,you may be getting flash going into the can which is what causes the damage,i read this on another site and it was posted by a guy from A-Tec,was the A-tec on your 20".270 for many rounds ?

I ask because i believe that in a .270,the muzzle flash is over (all power is burnt) after 22" and on a 20" barrel ,you may be getting flash going into the can which is what causes the damage,i read this on another site and it was posted by a guy from A-Tec,was the A-tec on your 20".270 for many rounds ?

This is true, my blaser .270 had a 20inch barrel and i had a t8 on it which used to get savage hot from powder burning in the can.. I fired prob 150-200 rounds thru the atec before I changed the barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

I'd have to agree - I got mine from Edi too. I use it on the 22lr and the 6.5 - just screw off a few baffles for use on the former as they're not needed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement