Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain of 2011 - Leffe Blonde 750ml €1.50

• 21-08-2011 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭

:eek::D Yes, you read that right ....

Tesco are doing Leffe Blonde 750ml bottles for €1.50 (normally €4.19) - got the last 9 in Celbridge earlier today ...:)

leffe_blonde_75cl.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Any idea how long this offer is on for?

When i was living in France i once bought a bottle of Leffe that was massive.
    I think it was a 3 litre bottle but not 100% certain

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Buck

Trip to Tesco tomorrow now on my things to do list.
    Thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Bargain of 2011???:eek::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

was in brussels this afternoon and they were giving away Duvel for free, just had to pay 2 euro deposit on the glass,that you got back when you were 'finished'... now that was a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 8,855 ✭✭✭Soarer

was in brussels this afternoon and they were giving away Duvel for free, just had to pay 2 euro deposit on the glass,that you got back when you were 'finished'... now that was a bargain

Thanks for letting us know after the fact! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

No stock in clearwater or artane castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 eggchaser

Hey, I work in Tesco Galway, there is a new system in place which means that when products are discontinued they are reduced right down, even alcohol so maybe the big Leffe has been end-dated, I 'll check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭RayCon

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Bargain of 2011???:eek::confused:

OK ... so I may have exaggerated a little ... but it is a cracking deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

eggchaser wrote: »
    Hey, I work in Tesco Galway, there is a new system in place which means that when products are discontinued they are reduced right down, even alcohol so maybe the big Leffe has been end-dated, I 'll check it out.

can you tell us, as a policy when does tesco stack their shelves? i.e. if i go in this evening and there is none of one item on the shelf then does that mean it is pointless going back that night to see if its on the self?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Right have to go to Dundrum this evening for a look. Love Leffe. Love Belgium mostly because of the beer.

• Advertisement

None in the Wexford store :(
    Might pop in to Carlow on my way home;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,135 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Bah, too ale-ey for me!

Wheres the Hogaarden deals?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

eggchaser wrote: »

I've noticed the stock of Leffe is being depleted across Tescos. For some baffling reason this indicates to me they are no longer going to carry it.

I haven't been able to find Duvel at the Galway Tesco for over a month. But Joyces has it on sale 4 for €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

None in Rathfarnham.

not happy at all, none in Carlow either :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

None in Naas either (extra store) :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭laros

None in Tullamore either.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

none in drogheda

• Registered Users Posts: 23 eggchaser

It has been discontinued guys, bad buzz.

got the lastfew bottles of 750 ml horgaarden for €1.50 maynooth! also got a few 330ml leffe for €1 a bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭madanall

viztopia wrote: »
    got the lastfew bottles of 750 ml horgaarden for €1.50 maynooth! also got a few 330ml leffe for €1 a bottle.

Are both those beers genuinely over 4 quid normally for a 750ml bottle ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,135 ✭✭✭✭noodler

viztopia wrote: »

NOOOOO didn't know the Hoeey was going cheap - let me know if anyone spots some!

• Registered Users Posts: 80,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Spotted the 330ml bottles in Clarehall but they were full price, no €1 on display for them, perhaps at the tills they were less, I didn't check as I was looking for the 750ml bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

None in Tesco Merrion. No Hoegaarden either, only the small bottles of both.

Was in Tesco clearwater and got 12 rival for €1 a bottle. They also have Singha (thai beer) for €1 a bottle. What's it like anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Slightly of topic but i seen that someone mentioned Duvel earlier on thread?
    Bottles of Duvel and bottles of Chimay(sp?) for €1 in Tesco.(well in Dundalk anyway.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Bottles of Duvel and bottles of Chimay(sp?) for €1 in Tesco.(well in Dundalk anyway.)

That was me.. that's a steal! Chimay is a Trappist beer. Both are excellent (better than Leffe).

I used to make special trips to Tesco just to stock up on Duvel when they were reduced to €2/ea for the better part of a year. But sadly, it seems as though they are clearing out their inventory of these. Probably more money to be made in having additional polish / alternate types of lager. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

newkie wrote: »
    That was me.. that's a steal! Chimay is a Trappist beer. Both are excellent (better than Leffe).

Hell no Leffe is in a league of its own! Chimay just cannot compete.

Duvel is like liquid sex, thankfully I have an everlasting supply :D

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

None in Clearwater. Anyone see it in stock anywhere else? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,371 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

madanall wrote: »
    Are both those beers genuinely over 4 quid normally for a 750ml bottle ?
    yes, it is 6.6% so more ingredients, more duty etc. It is also brewed properly which costs more.

It is also fairly usual for large bottles of beer like this to cost more per ml than smaller bottles.

Advertisement