Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that i'm not buying

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Nice - sorry for being pedantic, but are those alloys not off an e32 ?

NewZealand car ??

OH OH !!!!!:mad::mad:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/3334419
    Be aware Peter Fingan Limerick advertising falsely on Donedeal

1-Nissan Navar Parts for sale Limerick

2--1993 Scannia 93m Limerick

3-Volkswagen Transporter Limerick

Potential BUYERS be aware of this

Donedeal have been notified before this add was published

Buyers be aware of this Dealer

Whos laughing at who now peter.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

Capri wrote: »
    he could have bothered to tell us why we should beware espically after posting the add in 3 different sections...........

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Particularly for Mick!:D

Yank tank - once it's not ex (rusty) UK or north US

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/3344259

manta mad wrote: »

Could be wrong but I think the last of them were 2.0 engines, and of course NO PLATES = pay VRT sucker :p ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Came across tonight. It's from Britains scrappage scheme.
    Some people have no conscience!

http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/showthread.php?t=18091

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

red sean wrote: »
    Came across tonight. It's from Britains scrappage scheme.
    Some people have no conscience!

http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/showthread.php?t=18091

wow !!!!!!!!!!!!

what a waste :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭hop2it

a35 and split screen morris minor almost brought a tear to my eye to see them being wasted like that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭ahal

Debatable as to whether this is a bargain or not, but you sure don't see 'em often!

Full-11627942.jpeg

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/3350428

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

ahal wrote: »
    Debatable as to whether this is a bargain or not, but you sure don't see 'em often!

Full-11627942.jpeg

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/3350428

About time he put up decent pictures of it. He might have interest now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

The guy selling that Ritmo started a thread about it here a while back - i've had a quick look, but I can't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

hop2it wrote: »
    a35 and split screen morris minor almost brought a tear to my eye to see them being wasted like that
    Disgusting.
    Surely, SURELY the govt dept in charge of that scheme would rescue true classic s from the crusher?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

Didihno wrote: »
    Disgusting.
    Surely, SURELY the govt dept in charge of that scheme would rescue true classic s from the crusher?
    that would be against the law?

but yes it does happen, a load of parts end up on ebay from these places, its a shocking waste of cars and tax payers money just to prop up the motor dealers.

and i'm sure a few whole cars also disappeared only to reappear later ...

Didihno wrote: »
    Disgusting.
    To be perfectly blunt, if the garage taking the car could have sold it into the trade for more than the scrappage value then they would have. It's easy to give out after the fact, but money talks..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

have to agree not every body sees these old bangers in the same light .

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Yank tank - once it's not ex (rusty) UK or north US

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/3344259

Looks like it's been sitting up for a while. Two things yank tanks don't like - not being used, sitting out in the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,969 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Anan1 wrote: »
    To be perfectly blunt, if the garage taking the car could have sold it into the trade for more than the scrappage value then they would have.
    You sure about that? Wouldn't all those vehicles have to be certified as scrapped to avail of the scheme?

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

Esel wrote: »
    Anan1 wrote: »
    To be perfectly blunt, if the garage taking the car could have sold it into the trade for more than the scrappage value then they would have.
    You sure about that? Wouldn't all those vehicles have to be certified as scrapped to avail of the scheme?
    I think he means if someone was trading a car in that was worth more than the scrappage scheme allowance then they wouldn't avail of it and just take if as a trade in the traditional sense.
    It's unfortunate that a lot of classics in the lower price scales fall victim to the scheme but if every one of them was still on the road then they wouldn't appeal to most of as they do, at least some of the parts are swiped and end up on eBay.

Esel wrote: »
    Either what kev said or that the dealership could choose to keep the car and pay the scrappage contribution themselves - basically buying it from the government.

Remember also that the press take pics for maximum effect, rather than as an accurate reflection of the situation. Stories of immaculate and rare classics being scrapped are just that - stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭okistag

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I think he means if someone was trading a car in that was worth more than the scrappage scheme allowance then they wouldn't avail of it and just take if as a trade in the traditional sense.
    It's unfortunate that a lot of classics in the lower price scales fall victim to the scheme but if every one of them was still on the road then they wouldn't appeal to most of as they do, at least some of the parts are swiped and end up on eBay.

I know of a lad :) who was in the motor trade and back in 2000 I think it was. A mint and I mean mint 320ii was traded in off a new car on the scrappage deal. It would been a shame to scrap it honestly. Long story short, as long as the garage got the same as what they would from the scheme it made no odds to them if it was scrapped or not. So the guy paid in 1100 euro where the scheme was paying a 1000 at the time. The car was saved and the garage gained a 100 on the deal. However the previous owner saw the car on the road and reported it as a car that was scraped and made a huge scene at the dealership, why I still have no idea or do I. The car 6 months later was put up for sale and sold for 3250. I think this why there were some changes made to the later schemes. Who knows.

In the original scheme of around 1997 there was a good few mint KP60 Starlets in the uncles yard to be converted into race cars for Rosegreen. They all came from the scrappage scheme. It was just insane what cars got scrapped at that time.

Scrappage schemes benefit no one apart from government coffers.
    There is zero environmental benefit.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

I think to avail of the scheme the cars traded in had to be MOTd and taxed, so were roadworthy. It was insane that they were not exported to non-EU countries for recycling/recommissioning. Many LHD countries in Africa would have taken the more modern ones, with the older/classsic cars could have been resold/auctioned and/or stripped for parts.

Disgraceful waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Blue850

He's trying to lure Carchaeologist, old rusty Jap scrap with a Kerry reg

Blue850 wrote: »
    He's trying to lure Carchaeologist, old rusty Jap scrap with a Kerry reg

Christ man, I may wear glasses, and pretty strong ones at that but I'm not that blind, nor are they rose tinted!!
    That Toyota Fellatio is a pile of rubbish just about worth it's weight to Hammond lane no more no less.

Guys like that would want a kick up the arse, Ted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Passenger side looks fairly rust free...

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/3045234

View2?id=11670746

Now I know what you're thinking. You saw a picture of a fairly modern car with a mundane badge and no apparent classic status what so ever. But think about this. An 80s Ascona would make it in here and they'd be asking a lot more than this guy is for the Vectra. This car is 17 years old all the same and they started production of these some 24 years back. That for me qualifies it as a (future) classic and a potential very good purchase.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement