Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

have you ever been mean and horrible to someone who was mean and horrible to you?

• 31-03-2012 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Did you ever turn into a cnut/bo11ocks/asshole to someone who was a cnut/bo11ocks/asshole to you?

I wouldn't normally but I was on the receiving end of lies and empty promises from someone. I was very patient with him until I just absolutely snapped at him one day when he came to me for a ride. He made me feel so sh1te. His lies were insulting to say the least.

AH, not so long ago pointed out that he was a physopath and it does appear to be the case. There was no empathy, no consideration, no corrective action. Was just met with more lies to cover his own ass.

It is my opinion that lying is a form of emotional abuse, especially when it's done under the nature that I received them. It's insulting, demeaning and eradicates self esteem in that a person is not worthy of the truth. Only lies. It's down right rotten.

I eventually came down on the man like a ton of bricks and I was mean, mean, mean.

Strange thing is that I am riddled with so much guilt and sorrow.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Did you ever turn into a cnut/bo11ocks/asshole to someone who was a cnut/bo11ocks/asshole to you?

I wouldn't normally but I was on the receiving end of lies and empty promises from someone. I was very patient with him until I just absolutely snapped at him one day when he came to me for a ride. He made me feel so sh1te. His lies were insulting to say the least.

AH, not so long ago pointed out that he was a physopath and it does appear to be the case. There was no empathy, no consideration, no corrective action. Was just met with more lies to cover his own ass.

It is my opinion that lying is a form of emotional abuse, especially when it's done under the nature that I received them. It's insulting, demeaning and eradicates self esteem in that a person is not worthy of the truth. Only lies. It's down right rotten.

I eventually came down on the man like a ton of bricks and I was mean, mean, mean.

Strange thing is that I am riddled with so much guilt and sorrow.

Just give him his ride and everything be ok ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

And to answer your other question ,Many a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

you're confusing guilt with a rash and itchy crotch.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I've ways of making a persons life a living hell. I'm always straight and fair with people but you don't wrong me in any way, because if you do you'll get it back ten fold..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

You on your period?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Oooooh....cool ....cool..... I love these threads where we guess who the re-reg is.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Nah wouldn't do that and single people out, I'm just a cúnt to everyone

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

'have you ever been mean and horrible to someone who was mean and horrible to you?'
    Sounds like the title of a country song.
    I think the longest is 'Why did you believe me when I told you that I loved you 'cause you know I've been a liar all my life.'

Johro wrote: »
    Sounds like the title of a country song.
    I think the longest is 'Why did you believe me when I told you that I loved you 'cause you know I've been a liar all my life.'

"Mary hold the candle steady while I shave the chickens neck" was a better tune though

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Dartz

I'm mean and horrible to people who haven't been mean and horrible to me.

Just in case.

• Advertisement

Dartz wrote: »
    I'm mean and horrible to people who haven't been mean and horrible to me.

Just in case.

Damn you meany hole

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

I've ways of making a persons life a living hell. I'm always straight and fair with people but you don't wrong me in any way, because if you do you'll get it back ten fold..
    From Pyongyang? Meh..
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Frequently...to Mr Robinson !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I'm usually just passive aggressive until theres a breaking point. Then I go into a rage and theres no calming me down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I've never done it... But I'm going to start. What the hell is the point of being a good, nice, decent person when all you get is abuse? And I know people read these posts of mine, so they might see it, so for them: I'm through being your skivvy and I'm through being a nice person. You've treated me like scum for long enough, so I'm going to START acting like scum. Well, maybe not scum, but I'm just gonna start being more awkward and just less like the doormat you've made me.

Also, suggestions on good revenge tactics on how to be mean and horrible would be much appreciated! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

nope, but my god i wish i had been tbh! :mad:
    i was just way too naive at the time, believeing everything that was said, thinking i was the bad one :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

On the whole, I'm actually a really patient, forgiving person and if I like someone it takes A LOT to make me angry. I've only ever got really angry at my ex.

All I can say is cheat on me and I will destroy your life in really insidious, quiet ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

I try to give as good as I get.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

Who hasn't?

You try to be the bigger man in an argument and try to take criticism with some sort of equanimity, but the pretence lasts all of about 30 seconds and you end up throwing insults at the other person to get even. I like to to pull out the 'bore' jibe from time to time:

'Elisa, why must you be such a crushing bore?'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

DazMarz wrote: »
    I've never done it... But I'm going to start. What the hell is the point of being a good, nice, decent person when all you get is abuse? And I know people read these posts of mine, so they might see it, so for them: I'm through being your skivvy and I'm through being a nice person. You've treated me like scum for long enough, so I'm going to START acting like scum. Well, maybe not scum, but I'm just gonna start being more awkward and just less like the doormat you've made me.

Also, suggestions on good revenge tactics on how to be mean and horrible would be much appreciated! :)

move out ffs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

I've only once gone out of my way to intentionally say something with the intention of severely emotionally hurting someone, it was at the tail end of a messy break-up. I usually do my best to be reasonable, if someone is taking the piss then I tend to get shouty and impulsive more than spiteful or vindictive.

"Do you see what happens Larry?!"

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Stalk

Standing up for yourself is important but some people arent worth it.Like in school when people slag each other or provoke violence.We all have to live with negetive thoughts and avoiding them never works.Having said all that i am a strong believer in revenge but only when the person is worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Wouldn't lower myself. Unlike other boardsies. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Cheeky_gal wrote: »

Bet you would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Cheeky_gal wrote: »

If you'd stopped at the first sentence I'd believe you.

But you didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

The problem with reacting like-for-like is that you get more drawn into it and has the potential to gradually turn into greater amounts of drama (can get pretty destructive depending upon how far the both of you are willing to go).

If you're stuck in a situation like that, where it's a choice between taking someones abuse or giving it back, without getting it to end entirely, then it's a pretty unhealthy situation to keep yourself in.

You've really got to judge whether or not it's worth all the drama and potential petty infighting (sucks if you're stuck though); life's too short for that kind of crap in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

The problem with reacting like-for-like is that you get more drawn into it and has the potential to gradually turn into greater amounts of drama (can get pretty destructive depending upon how far the both of you are willing to go).

If you're stuck in a situation like that, where it's a choice between taking someones abuse or giving it back, without getting it to end entirely, then it's a pretty unhealthy situation to keep yourself in.

You've really got to judge whether or not it's worth all the drama and potential petty infighting (sucks if you're stuck though); life's too short for that kind of crap in my opinion.

When dealing with an asshole the best way to sort it out is the escalate the situation.

Loads of people are happy to be snide about you, insult you, maybe take small things that belong to you.

They stop pretty quick when you remove a glove, slap them across the chops and challenge them to a hot air balloon duel tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I don't get on with one of my sisters and never did. We honestly haven't spoken to each other in years. 2 weeks ago I met her at the doctors neither of us said a word to each other for the hour or so down there. Its very weird as she gets on with the rest of the family as do I. I love to be able to say she is the arsehole but I know in her eyes am one to. We just simply do not get on and when we did speak to each other, years ago, it was always in argument and one day we just stopped talking and that persisted,

It tells you something about world affairs if 2 siblings can't get on is there hope for world peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I'm never on the ball enough when someone is being awful to me to be able to be the same back. At the time I am just like a shocked sheep, unable too understand why a person would behave like that.

Then I can end up harbouring a grievance, which is worse. There are people I haven't seen in twenty years that I still hold bad feelings over. Only one or two, but they are very deep seated grudges.

In general though I'm pretty much 'do onto others'. I don't really see any point in treating people badly, no matter how they are behaving. I don't believe much in karma and its repercussions, but I do think that being a crappy person is bad for the soul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Yeah I had a party in my house and my brother brought these idiot girls an one of them was giving me a hard time, just being a c*nt for no reason. So I turned to her and said "jaysus did you not brush your teeth before you came out there's an awful smell of sh*t of your breath."
    She ran off crying and I high fived my mate.

Advertisement