Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you listen to a regular Boards.ie HQ Podcast?

• 06-02-2012 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Just a notion that Gordon, Nicola and I had here that it might be fun to do and maybe people would be interested.

The idea being that we'd talk about what we're doing and what it means as well as have an opportunity to share some of the inner workings of the site. We'd maybe share some of the mind boggling emails we get which get filed in our OMG filter in the mailbox :)

I'm not sure what else we might do except maybe give some of the various communities on the site a shout out and tell people what they're up to if they have any particular events running or interesting threads.

So, do you think you'd listen and what would you like to hear? I'm not saying it's going to happen, but if there was any sort of serious interest in it, we'd definitely give it a go and see how it worked out.

Would you listen to a Boards.ie HQ Podcast? 53 votes

Yes
    1% 1 vote
    No
    77% 41 votes
    Maybe (please post why below)
    20% 11 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Yup, primarily for the OMG filter though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Generally these ideas fade away like a fart.

Unless you think there's a genuine future for the podcast and material to keep it going.

Do yourself and everyone else a favor and don't start one.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'd listen for the first while anyway. It's up to you to keep us listening :D

And please discuss some of the funniest prison appeals and stuff like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Only if its not a long-winded self indulgent mess! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Yup i'd listen to it. Used to love the old podcasts with Monkey Fudge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭ Juniper Quaint Rob

Maybe a quarterly one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Get Monkeyfudge back on. He could record a quality podcast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Yea, I was involved with several of the MonkeyFudge casts (more as a personal thing than a professional one) which were great fun.

A quarterly one might work best alright - I don't know if we'd have enough actual news for a weekly or monthly. Thanks for the feedback folks, we shall have a think about it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'd definitely listen to one.

They do take some effort to keep up though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The Monkeyfudge one?!

*cough*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭slammer187

Yes I would thoroughly enjoy listening to one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Wasn't a lot of this what the blog was going to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

If you do i think you should definitely include an "Emails section" full of the really dumb emails you guys get on a regular basis.

Anything over a monthly podcast though it hard to keep in ones regular rotation.

I'd listen to a fair amount of podcasts and there isnt much(well anything) that is usually over a monthly. Maybe consider bi-monthly instead of quaterly?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

I don't listen to any Irish pods (they all seem terrible or are radio shows already) so the field would be wide open for you guys.

Advertisement