Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NHL: 2012 Playoffs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭cena

rangers game is been streamed lived tonight on the nbc site.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Two game-winning goals in three games for Chris Kreider, only the 3rd Ranger to ever score for the club before having played a regular season. Great story.

Nobody saw this guy coming...

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

great win for the kings there, quick was brilliant again...

Penners empty netter at the end was class(lucky)

king was lucky for the boarding on Pietrangelo could have been a double minor or major...

was as expected a hard-hitting low scoring game, going to be the series to watch id say!!!

scottmcb04 wrote: »
    great win for the kings there, quick was brilliant again...

Penners empty netter at the end was class(lucky)

king was lucky for the boarding on Pietrangelo could have been a double minor or major...

was as expected a hard-hitting low scoring game, going to be the series to watch id say!!!

Aside from the Flyers, can't see too many goals for the rest of the playoffs to be honest. Too much goaltending talent and form.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭RGM

Flyers vs. Rangers needs to happen. It would be like Flyers vs. Penguins with fewer dirty hits and better hockey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

St. Louis,

Welcome to our nightmare,

Yours,

Vancouver

Thought this was hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Mate of mine was at the Rangers game last night. Said it was mental altogether. Have it recorded myself. Hopefully, we can get a win in Washington and put it to bed. Don't fancy another game 7. Looks like it could be the Devils up next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Cant get over how easy that series was for the Devils, feels like a sweep. Now bring on the Rangers! (after game 7 of course)

Los Angeles Kings 21/10
    Phoenix Coyotes 3/1
    New Jersey Devils 16/5
    New York Rangers 16/5
    Washington Capitals 10/1

current odds for the stanley cup...

8th seeded kings seem to be favourites with both west seeds favourites at the min. to lift the trophy...

be interesting to see how the finals play out in both conferences... think the east is ny to lose at the min but in these playoffs that probably means they wont win it...

cant call the west, kings have been very impressive only allowing more than 2 goals once in 9 games, killing 17 penalties against the blues scoring 4 shgs in 9 games...

quick vs smith will be interesting, 2 brilliant goalies....

• Advertisement

think the east is ny to lose at the min but in these playoffs that probably means they wont win it...

I've read that a few times but still can't quite figure out what it means...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ancientoracle

Hoping the Rangers win tonight. Be a good final with the Devils, I think Marty Brodeur must be in dream land, what a career he's had, and to be playing so well at his age, be nice to see him reach the final.

That being said, I reckon the winner will come from the Kings v Coyotes matchup. Kings have been very solid, both at the back and firing in the goals up front. If they get by Phoenix I fancy them to win it.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    I've read that a few times but still can't quite figure out what it means...

i mean that these playoffs have been so unpredictable that even though they are favs, doesnt mean that they will win the east!!!

And so it is that there will be one Game 7 in the Conference Semi-Finals. Capitals had a pretty convincing 2-1 win over the Rangers last night. Excellent goaltending by Holtby yet again, who I now believe is 9-0 with a sub 1.50 GAA in games after a defeat this season.

Rangers will have to be slight favourites going into the Game 7 on Saturday night but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Capitals took this one. Everyone has bought into Dale Hunters philosophy (even Ovechkin is blocking shots now, only had 42 in the regular season but has 13 in 13 games in the playoffs with significantly reduced ice-time) and the Capitals are a mean defensive machine now. 7 of the top 17 shot-blockers in the playoffs are Capitals, including 4 of the top 8.

They are leading the playoffs in blocked shots, home blocked shots and road blocked shots by quite a distance (ahead of NYR) and are second only to the Rangers in hits.

torterella didnt beat around the bush when describing the rangers performance last night... not happy at all... cant wait for game 7...

torterella didnt beat around the bush when describing the rangers performance last night... not happy at all... cant wait for game 7...

Better than one of his previous efforts from this series:

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in the dressing room last night. They were woeful last night, well beaten. Very tough game 7 coming up now. The caps are really hitting form at the right time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Can't wait for this one. Caps have been some defensive unit this year, they've been very unlucky to lose 2 of the games they did in this series, triple OT and 2 quickfire goals are an awful way to go down. Going to the wire again imo, probably OT and i could see Ovie nicking it

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ancientoracle

I agree to an extent, I think the caps defence has been great this postseason, but there is only so many shots you can block before you run our of luck.

I think the key player in this game 7 is going to be Ryan O' Callaghan. He's gotta show up and be a leader when his team need him most. Too many of them went missing in game 6, if it happens again, the Caps will win, but if Callaghan plays the way he has most of the season then I think the Rangers win.

It's gonna be a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Heading to the Rangers game tonight, couldn't have picked a better time to see my first game!

• Advertisement

kmart6 wrote: »
    Heading to the Rangers game tonight, couldn't have picked a better time to see my first game!

You can say that again! Mate of mine is on his honeymoon over there and went to game 5. Said it was unreal. Enjoy!

Special thanks to Setanta for putting on Nascar instead of the game. :mad:

Jesus that was nervy. Job done anyway, bring on the debbies! Some crack on the rangers forum during the game. Made up for the loss of tv.

Absolute great craic at the game the other night! Some nut job hardcore fans around me which was great! Have a video of celebrations at the end of the game, I'll get around to uploading it when I'm off work!

kmart6 wrote: »
    Absolute great craic at the game the other night! Some nut job hardcore fans around me which was great! Have a video of celebrations at the end of the game, I'll get around to uploading it when I'm off work!

Sounds like a great night! Anyone watching Game 1 tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

That was such a frustrating game to watch at times. I felt the Devils outplayed the Rangers for most of that game. The shot blocking meant Lundqvist had less to do than Marty, but when he did he was very sharp. Devils need to put the puck on the net way more if we ever hope to beat him.

Refs not calling for the closed hand over the puck before the 2nd Rangers goal was annoying, really took the wind out of our sails.

robby^5 wrote: »
    Refs not calling for the closed hand over the puck before the 2nd Rangers goal was annoying, really took the wind out of our sails.

That was a really sneaky play, the only reason I'd say he got away with it is that he was obscured by the net and Lundqvist.

That's the second Game 1 goal for Chris Kreider, and though he wasn't much of a force in the rest of the series against the Capitals he is really becoming an important player for the Rangers.

If they can nick a win in Game 2 then surely the Devils heads will drop and it will be the Rangers who go on to win the East.

Meanwhile, Tortorella continues with his entertaining post-game interviews.

If they can nick a win in Game 2 then surely the Devils heads will drop and it will be the Rangers who go on to win the East.

I hope you are right but I am not too sure. I think every game in this series will be very tight and can see it going down to game 7, if I am being really honest. This really worries me as the Kings are flying at the moment and I think they may sweep Phoenix thus giving them a nice rest.
    robby^5 wrote: »
    That was such a frustrating game to watch at times. I felt the Devils outplayed the Rangers for most of that game. The shot blocking meant Lundqvist had less to do than Marty, but when he did he was very sharp. Devils need to put the puck on the net way more if we ever hope to beat him.

I think it was very even overall and we got the crucial first goal. This series is not going to be high scoring and 3-0 flattered us to be honest.

Anyone else watching Game 2 tonight?

• Advertisement

Anyone else watching Game 2 tonight?

Well earned 3-2 win for the Devils tonight, and the series is level at 1-1.

Advertisement