Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how hard is it to update the dash on a jtagged xbox?

• 23-10-2011 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

hey guys
    I bought a jtagged xbox here a while back and it worked great at the time. having had no time for gaming though it sat unused for a while, now all the new games I try require a dash update.
    I know I cant just run the update from the game discs and everything google gives me makes less than a lick of sense.
    so anyone here know of a tutorial to drag my xbox from 9199 to 13599 or whatever arkham city wants?

icanhashelp?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

BrendanD wrote: »

Thats more dvd drive firmware related.

For the actual dash update, use Bestpigs tool. Or the manual method here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73138220&postcount=125

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

thanks enternow, ill take a crack off that.
    I think it was yourself I bought it off, wasn't it?

mawk wrote: »
    thanks enternow, ill take a crack off that.
    I think it was yourself I bought it off, wasn't it?

No idea mawk, could have been I did sell one here last year I think :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

EnterNow's post will work, but there's a specific guide with updated dashboard version (13604) available in this post

• Advertisement

EnterNow's post will work, but there's a specific guide with updated dashboard version (13604) available in this post

Actually both are your posts. The one I linked to was a post of your I quoted & updated the version & had some minor corrections <as in where to output updflash.bin etc> is all.

I got off to a promising start. I managed to get my cpu key (who the hell uses a componant cable?) and dumped my nand.

but following all the steps I can find on TV's guide and another that i googled into I reach an impass when I try to assemble the file in fbbuild 0.33.
    Ive done everything but when I run fbb in the cmd prompt I get ERROR missing bootloader files.
    im not sure if its the problem but when i use the 360 flash tool I cant get it to spit out smc.bin just smc_enc.bin and smc_enc.bin

any ideas?
    Am I doing something dumb?

I got off to a promising start. I managed to get my cpu key (who the hell uses a componant cable?) and dumped my nand.

but following all the steps I can find on TV's guide and another that i googled into I reach an impass when I try to assemble the file in fbbuild 0.33.
    Ive done everything but when I run fbb in the cmd prompt I get ERROR missing bootloader files.
    im not sure if its the problem but when i use the 360 flash tool I cant get it to spit out smc.bin just smc_enc.bin and smc_enc.bin

any ideas?
    Am I doing something dumb?

You need to input your cpu key into 360 flash tool, & save it within the program. The programme can then use it for decryption etc.

I did that, in fact I just did it again to be sure i did it.

it gives me a folder called smc that has smc-enc and smc-dec inside it. is it the folder im supposed to put in mydata or a specific smc.bin?

either way, time to sleep on it.
    thanks for the help though

Use smc_dec.bin, rename it to smc.bin.

Are you sure you're going into the right folder? the freeBOOT folder should have all 3 files (KV.bin, smc_config.bin and smc.bin).

• Advertisement

I might be wrong, I don't have it in front of me now, but I'm nearly sure it only gave me kv.bin and smc_config.bin

I'll take another crack at it this evening.

I might be wrong, I don't have it in front of me now, but I'm nearly sure it only gave me kv.bin and smc_config.bin

I'll take another crack at it this evening.

Just take your time with it, as TV mentions in the tut the wrong SMC can end your jtag. Is yours a Falcon?

Using smc_dec.bin you should be fine :)

Using smc_dec.bin you should be fine :)

Will that be the extracted smc from his own provided nand dump? If so then happy days :)

Yup, smc_dec is the decrypted SMC extracted from the nand.

bricks shat
    xbox finally decided to stop being an asshole. arkharm city works as a testament!

thanks guys. you were a big help!

anyone know what version mw3 will need?

bricks shat
    xbox finally decided to stop being an asshole. arkharm city works as a testament!

thanks guys. you were a big help!

anyone know what version mw3 will need?

It's likely to be on the disc so you'll be grand ;)

For some reason I thought I was posting in the Xbox forum duh!

I would imagine it'll be 13604, does FSD actively bypass dash requirements though I've always wondered?

Advertisement