Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Internet Banking - can't login with Explorer

• 21-12-2004 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Hey,

When trying to login to AIB's internet banking, once I have entereed the initial security questions, as in Reg Number, PAC num etc I cant get in and get the following message:

"You have been logged out of AIB Internet Banking as use of the browser Back button is not supported. To log in again, please enter your details below."

This only happens on IE and the site works fine on Mozilla.

Has anyone had this problem before?

I've sent in a few requests to AIB and have had no repsponse!

I've also tried reinstalling IE, and i have the 128bit encryption etc, cache cleared, history too etc.

Any thoughts appreciated!

Thanks
    Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

they were due to upgrade their site for security reasons. - the missus got a letter that I glanced at a month or so ago. Presumably this is the cause. You have the most recent version of IE?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Yeh they upgraded their systems there a while ago,something to do with security.
    It might be the fact that your IE isnt up to date because I got an email off them saying make sure your browser is up to date for security reasons etc..
    Update your IE and see

• Registered Users Posts: 7,375 ✭✭✭fletch

Just tried it in IE and it works fine for me....have you upgraded to Ver 6?

On a related note....is there a new wap address for the updated AIB site? If not anyone know the old one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Thanks guys!

I'm fully up to date with 128 bit encryption as requested.
    This actually started before the upgrade!

So keep on coming with ideas! Thanks

Tom

My version:
    6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158
    Cipher Strength 128bit
    Update Versions: SP2

fletch wrote:
    Just tried it in IE and it works fine for me....have you upgraded to Ver 6?

On a related note....is there a new wap address for the updated AIB site? If not anyone know the old one?

The site works fine on any other PC, and as I said, works fine on my mchine with Mozilla!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

do you have any personal firewalls running which would block https or such?

Gilgamesh wrote:
    do you have any personal firewalls running which would block https or such?

No. Can view any other https sites without a bother too.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Boberto

Absolutely nothing to do with the security upgrade. If you needed the upgrade it would tell you 'You must upgrade'.
    It's a pc issue caused by corrupt settings/spyware or security progs.

I would suggest clearing cache and restoring default ie settings. Make sure you are not using a favorite or shortcut to access the site. Go to http://www.aib.ie/internetbanking and click Login.

Ensure that any antivir or security progs are not responsible.

Boberto wrote:
    Absolutely nothing to do with the security upgrade. If you needed the upgrade it would tell you 'You must upgrade'.
    It's a pc issue caused by corrupt settings/spyware or security progs.

I agree! But I have done everything you mentioned including reinstalling IE, which was a pain (using XP).

Still no joy. Basically at this stage I'm trying to avoid a reinstallation of XP. Do you think I need to go that far?

Tom

Perhaps your XP profile is the problem? It often is..
    Setup a new user account in xp and try accessing in there. See if it works on another xp profile... If it does, you could just change over.

Also: Have you scanned pc for spyware using Ad Aware? Do you have any unusual toolbars? Try running CWS Shredder.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭confetti

works fine in explorer for me,

i think they only changed the address of the site from 24hour-online or whatever so that people would feel safer using the site as the old address sounded a bit dodgy

Yeah if it goes through aib.ie people would generally feel safer or reassured.
    Also... the name has changed from 24 hour banking to Internet Banking so the old address wouldn't be needed.

Advertisement