Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gay in galway

• 15-01-2011 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

ok so i am kinda new here in that im not from ireland. Im here on a course that finishes in the summer. but its killing me now that i have known for a long time that i am into girls, but i dont know what to do about it. Does anyone know the gay scene in galway? like how do i go about it aswell..do i go to a gay bar/club on my own.. i dont know what to do. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

There's a bar in the city called dignity and its really gay friendly..So that may be a good place to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 theginsandwich

There's the group shOUT for 14-23 year olds. Website here: http://www.lgbtyouthgalway.com/

They meet once a week, on saturdays I think. If you're outside the age bracket contact them anyway and they'll probably be able to give you some info on other groups. There's other organisations that may be able to help, such as Amach lgbt or Outwest, so give them a try. Hope this info is useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Jinxi

I have been out in galway a few times with a group of friends who live there(a mixture of gay men and women). They all have said their is no real "scene". We have mainly gone to the blue note, and surrounding pubs. All gay friendly but not gay exclusive

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

There's the group shOUT for 14-23 year olds. Website here: http://www.lgbtyouthgalway.com/

They meet once a week, on saturdays I think. If you're outside the age bracket contact them anyway and they'll probably be able to give you some info on other groups. There's other organisations that may be able to help, such as Amach lgbt or Outwest, so give them a try. Hope this info is useful.

Thanks very much for that, will check it out :).

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Yolande

ok so i am kinda new here in that im not from ireland. Im here on a course that finishes in the summer. but its killing me now that i have known for a long time that i am into girls, but i dont know what to do about it. Does anyone know the gay scene in galway? like how do i go about it aswell..do i go to a gay bar/club on my own.. i dont know what to do. Any ideas?

There's a lesbian and bi group called Running Amach and there're members in Galway - may be worth your while to join and link up with those women....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lushballs

Social Networking Club for LGBTQ women over 18 years of age:

http://www.meetup.com/Dublin-LGBTQ-Womens-Social-Networking-Club/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Spark Boy

the galway shawl pub just slightly further up from cuba is gay. go there on a saturday nit, ul like it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

is there a gay sauna in galway

Advertisement