Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athletics on TV

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

W.B. Yeats wrote: »
    No I want to be suspicious of female middle distance athletes from a country with a very recent history of doping, entirely reasonable to me. This is entirely different from being suspicious of athletes merely because of their nationality.

I agree with this point completely. Federations need to be held more accountable.

My views on Russian Athletics would probably get me banned permanently from the board to I'll keep quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Hi Folks,

Regarding broadcasting of the Diamond League. I assume BBC have the full UK rights which means Eurosport(British, International) lost out? I've been without Eurosport coverage since 2007 thanks to what was Chorus. I can view the 100m etc. on Youtube. Not the same though.

Am I missing out badly in terms of coverage? Do BBC do it justice and is that Tim Hutchins of Eurosport I heard on one commentary last week? I know he was doing the worldwide output with Stuart Storey the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,102 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

BBC are covering the entire DL series on BBC3 or on the red button, if you have access.

Hutchings was commentating the other night with Steve Cram. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

It's tough to beat tim and martin on eurosport, it's a pity they don't have much athletics this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭smcclaw

Anyone know any streams or the like that will be showing the world juniors?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭longjump67

Not sure if this stream works but try it later

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/amateur/moncton2010/live-stream.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

longjump67 wrote: »
    Not sure if this stream works but try it later

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/amateur/moncton2010/live-stream.html

Think this has been restricted to Canada only have seen that link going around and alot of the lads are complaining about this.
    Seems to be no coverage outside Canada. Also whats the story with the IAAF site being so slow nearly three hours after the Irish lads were running and still no results from today at all

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭longjump67

ecoli wrote: »
    Think this has been restricted to Canada only have seen that link going around and alot of the lads are complaining about this.
    Seems to be no coverage outside Canada. Also whats the story with the IAAF site being so slow nearly three hours after the Irish lads were running and still no results from today at all

Yes looks like it is restricted to Canada sorry
    For shame no results in yet of the 1,500m, Mc Bearty looks to be in a though heat he is the lowest on time but the other irish lad has an outside chance might need to do pb

• Registered Users Posts: 18 TURFMAN

Anyone know if the Monaco Diamond League meet is being shown on TV tonight ?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭maryishairy

TURFMAN wrote: »
    Anyone know if the Monaco Diamond League meet is being shown on TV tonight ?

It's available on the BBC red button from 7-9pm.

• Advertisement

Andrew Wheating 3.30.9 in the 1500

Ryan Gregson (only 20) runs 3.31.06!!!!!!

Unbelievable stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Any Irish in action in Monaco tonight?

04072511 wrote: »
    Any Irish in action in Monaco tonight?

Unfortunately not.

Andrew Wheating 3.30.9 in the 1500

Ryan Gregson (only 20) runs 3.31.06!!!!!!

Unbelievable stuff.

That's one way of putting it!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭smcclaw

If you follow this link and click on the "Other" tab you'll see a few options to watch the juniors in Moncton. For some reason only the afternoon session seems to be viewable (about 22.00 our time)

http://www.atdhe.fm/

Lots of Athletics on TV this week, with the Europeans being carried by RTE, BBC and Eurosport.

The African Championships is being covered live on Eurosport, beginning Wednesday.

Don't blame me on y'all divorces, missing training and getting fat and unfit. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Lots of Athletics on TV this week, with the Europeans being carried by RTE, BBC and Eurosport.

The African Championships is being covered live on Eurosport, beginning Wednesday.

Don't blame me on y'all divorces, missing training and getting fat and unfit. :D

luckily i am not married (though the gf may dump me) and training can always fit in during the break between morning and afternoon sessions or after that. Sleep may suffer

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭maryishairy

13 & 14 August: Diamond League meeting, Crystal Palace

Live on BBC 2 (Friday 1800-2100) and BBC 1 (Saturday 1300-1630) and BBC Sport website (UK users only); coverage on BBC Radio 5 live

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Diamond League Zurich, BBC3 tonight 7pm...Live

Berlin Marathon live 07:30am tomorrow Eurosport.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

JosDel wrote: »
    Berlin Marathon live 07:30am tomorrow Eurosport.

Is it available online or on any other channel? I don't have Eurosport or Sky Sports I don't think.

Is it available online or on any other channel? I don't have Eurosport or Sky Sports I don't think.

Check this link http://www.marathonscene.com/germany/news/berlin-marathon-2010-live-coverage-via-online-and-tv-stream/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭downwithfacses

according to aai website

http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/?p=15499

setanta have an interview with gillick

pity i got rid of setanta cos it's ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

JosDel wrote: »

Thanks for that my daughter wont let me near the tv:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

NY City HM - just started - watch live here: http://www.nyrr.org/tv/

Cragg still in the mix at halfway, missed his drink at 10k, but thankfully also missed a spill involving 4 runners.

Cragg dropped - Farah looking strong Mile and a half to go

Cracking finish could've been a track race with 3 side by side with 400 to go - Farah takes it in the last 200.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

1:00:49 for Cragg

• Advertisement
Advertisement