Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olympics 2012 to See the Roll Out of the Post 9/11 UK Dystopia

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Whereas Russia, where you get this propaganda, is a haven of freedom and democracy. :rolleyes:
    Russia is a lot more liberal than the UK or USA at present but of course this won't last.

Russian soldiers to train at Fort Carson

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Russia is a lot more liberal than the UK or USA at present but of course this won't last.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/mar/12/st-petersburg-bans-homosexual-propaganda

Very liberal country :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

I have to say that your comments are spectacularly wrong a lot of the time, and that has to be one of your greatest hits.

You understand that Russia is more or less a mafia state, led by the world's biggest kleptocrat? I guess you missed all the videos of blatant election rigging in the last two Russian elections?

And the assassinations of journalists critical of the regime? (and not 'CT' style assassinations where people die of natural causes - rather people shot a few times in the head).

Keep them coming, I need a good laugh.

I have to say that your comments are spectacularly wrong a lot of the time, and that has to be one of your greatest hits.

You understand that Russia is more or less a mafia state, led by the world's biggest kleptocrat? I guess you missed all the videos of blatant election rigging in the last two Russian elections?

And the assassinations of journalists critical of the regime? (and not 'CT' style assassinations where people die of natural causes - rather people shot a few times in the head).

Keep them coming, I need a good laugh.
    It can't be too much worse than the states. :p

2rxw8qe.jpg

It can't be too much worse than the states. :p

2rxw8qe.jpg

I think it's quite funny that the guy who is arguing against propaganda keeps posting far-right propaganda on this forum.

I'll also take it as an acknowledgement that you don't have a clue what you are talking about with regard to the current situation in Russia (as well as the current situation in the US, of course).

• Advertisement

I think it's quite funny that the guy who is arguing against propaganda keeps posting far-right propaganda on this forum.

I'll also take it as an acknowledgement that you don't have a clue what you are talking about with regard to the current situation in Russia (as well as the current situation in the US, of course).
    I think at this stage I have posted enough about Barack Obamas 2012 CISPA Censorship & NDAA Martial Law directives.

24w8twg.jpg

This from the guy who keeps complaining about propaganda, fascism and fear-mongering...he spends half his time posting fascist propaganda designed to scare Yanks.
    I think at this stage I have posted enough about Barack Obamas 2012 CISPA Censorship & NDAA Martial Law directives.

24w8twg.jpg

This from the guy who keeps complaining about propaganda, fascism and fear-mongering...he spends half his time posting fascist propaganda designed to scare Yanks.
    Yes pictures speak 1000 words and people must wake up and face reality instead of staring at their giant flat scrreen televisions and playing video games.

Not to mention Obama's proposal to microchip his own troops.

2yod65d.jpg

Yes pictures speak 1000 words and people must wake up and face reality instead of staring at their giant flat scrreen televisions and playing video games.
    They speak a thousand words about how bankrupt your whole ridiculous argument is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

I think the thread title is quite relevant and possibly accurate too.

Although im not sure if we are so close to a full on dystopia just yet.
    Mainly in third orld countries who have alot of resources, i would think.

Its hard to say since freedoms have been taken away so slowly in the west, i am not sure at which stage i am in, with regards this slow boiling pot of slavery by legislation.

• Advertisement

Torakx wrote: »
    Its hard to say since freedoms have been taken away so slowly in the west, i am not sure at which stage i am in, with regards this slow boiling pot of slavery by legislation.
    Torakx - can you outline the freedoms that you have lost in - say - the last 20 years versus the freedoms that you have gained?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭superluck

Care to name a country that isn't ruled by thieves?

superluck wrote: »
    Care to name a country that isn't ruled by thieves?
    Oh dear...

Oh dear...

See folks, this is how Monty Burnz avoids answering a perfectly reasonable question.

First he argues that Russia is ruled by thieves yet can't name a country that isn't.

It wasn't a trick question BTW, but I can empathise with MB having difficulty answering it.

Oh dear, indeed.

Monty, it's very simple.

You believe some countries are ruled by democracy, so go ahead and name one and then we'll proceed from there, I'll make an attempt to prove you wrong.

I know you're pulling your hair out (if you have any) trying to think of 1 country...just 1 that isn't ruled by a bunch of lying theiving scum but can't think of any, can you?

Do you just come on CT forums to stroke your own Ego? because it appears like you ran away into the corner for a good cry.

See folks, this is how Monty Burnz avoids answering a perfectly reasonable question.

First he argues that Russia is ruled by thieves yet can't name a country that isn't.

It wasn't a trick question BTW, but I can empathise with MB having difficulty answering it.

Oh dear, indeed.
    Let's start with one we should know: Ireland. I've given you an open goal, now put it away. Explain to me how Enda Kenny is a kleptocrat.

By the way, as this is a new CT, you might want to start a new thread. This one is for discussing the forthcoming Obama Anti-Christ dystopia, although your claim is equally plausible.

Let's start with one we should know: Ireland. I've given you an open goal, now put it away. Explain to me how Enda Kenny is a kleptocrat.

By the way, as this is a new CT, you might want to start a new thread. This one is for discussing the forthcoming Obama Anti-Christ dystopia, although your claim is equally plausible.

The stink of corruption Enda Kenny, Fine Gael and Denis O Brien

To summarise the above, Irish tax payer gets screwed to help out Fine Gael buddy Denis O'Brien.

It doesn't reveal anything about Kenny personally but you can't argue he was powerless to intervene in what is clearly not in the interests of the Irish citizen.

This deal is good for Denis O'Brien, not for Irish tax payer.

This is precisely the type of behaviour you describe happening in Russia except it's happening in Ireland as it does in many other industrialised countries that pretend to be free of corruption.

Voting yes on the Fiscal Treaty will mean he keeps his fat salary and pension while the Irish tax payer takes it up the ass from IMF/ECB.

It doesn't reveal anything about Kenny personally but you can't argue he was powerless to intervene in what is clearly not in the interests of the Irish citizen.
    Ok, so you can't prove that even Ireland, the country we know best, is run by a kleptocrat. Fair enough. That didn't take long.
    This is precisely the type of behaviour you describe happening in Russia except it's happening in Ireland as it does in many other industrialised countries that pretend to be free of corruption.
    No it is not the same type of behaviour. Putin is reckoned to have siphoned off up to €40,000,000,000 dollars for himself from the Russian state. The last two elections have been blatantly rigged. Critical journalists have been assassinated. Corruption is at a scale that even Fianna Fail would find bewildering.

By the way, since when did we start taking press statements from evil corporations as gospel truth?

Ok, so you can't prove that even Ireland, the country we know best, is run by a kleptocrat. Fair enough. That didn't take long.

Okay, so you think Enda Kenny wasn't somehow involved with the SiteServ deal?

How gullible can a person be to believe Kenny had no involvement with the deal?
    No it is not the same type of behaviour. Putin is reckoned to have siphoned off up to €40,000,000,000 dollars for himself from the Russian state. The last two elections have been blatantly rigged. Critical journalists have been assassinated. Corruption is at a scale that even Fianna Fail would find bewildering.

And what rag did you read this in?
    Where's the proof elections were rigged?
    Have you got ANYTHING what so ever that they were rigged or is that just what you like to believe?

Elections are rigged everywhere. I'll bet you $1000 Obama will get re-elected this year, would you say that's because he's so popular with the US voter or because it's rigged?

Did Bush win the 2004 election?

Must have hit a wall with your sources, MB?

Even with an infraction, i will still expect you to back up your claims with evidence of election rigging in Russia and financial records of Putins wealth.

I know you have neither.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Monty Burnz and Superluck, stop being so petty. It's childish and off-topic.

What the russian elections rigged?
    That cant happen in a democracy surely.
    A belief such as that might lead you to other liberal thoughts, maybe that the lisbon treaty second vote was also rigged.

Whoever made that statement should put up a thread about it for a good CT discussion.I myself havent been following russian politics,so would enjoy hearing peoples opinions.

But if that is a possibility, im not sure why people think the British are so honest when considering all that is happening around the olympics,also considering the recent "terrorist" threats in the media.

Must have hit a wall with your sources, MB?

Even with an infraction, i will still expect you to back up your claims with evidence of election rigging in Russia and financial records of Putins wealth.

I know you have neither.

Oddly enough, Putin does not post his bank details in the public domain, but plenty of evidence has leaked out.

The evidence of electoral fraud is so ubiquitous that even the Russian kleptocracy has announced an investigation into it - of course, nothing will come of this investigation. See if you can work out what is going on in this video...

As for the assassinations of journalists, I presume you are unfamiliar with the famous case of Anna Politkovskaya?

In contrast to this tale of massive corruption, murder and election fraud, you present a case of an Irish company being sold to the highest bidder - I presume you read the article I posted from the IT? - with no link whatsoever to Enda Kenny. Fair enough.

Oddly enough, Putin does not post his bank details in the public domain, but plenty of evidence has leaked out.

You're so quick to believe any propaganda related to China or Russia without first establishing FACTS.

There seems to be a little cult that just hate Russia/China for any reason what so ever without ever questioning what they are being told.

The only conclusion I could arrive at after thinking about this : These people were brainwashed by US news propaganda from a very young age.

Unsurprisingly, you didn't bother to read the original article...the shocking "evidence" you mention from Business Insider claiming Putin is worth $40 billion in assets...

The journalist who wrote the story, Adam Taylor sourced the article from The Telegraph.

The Telegraph cite Stanislav Belkovsky, a close friend of exiled Russian oligarch Boris Berezovsky who is basically Russian Mafia, the same Mafia you claim runs Russia.

Where is the EVIDENCE Monty Burnz? The fact of the matter is you have NOTHING.

All you have is the word of a man with close links to the Russian Mafia that despise Putin...you think Putin is part of the Russian Mafia? ...don't be crazy, he's not even Jewish, the Russian Mafia is a Jewish sect.

You probably know a lot about Italian Mafia but what do you know about the Jewish Mafia? Very little i'd say since Hollywood don't have make any shows/films about it.

Some analysts speculate Rothschild family assets are worth $500 trillion, is it true? Who can say for sure? maybe they are, maybe they aren't, it is only speculation you see, not FACT or "leaked" evidence that you claim.

You and Jonny7 just want to believe Russia are the big bad bully of the world when it's your heroes the US who have invaded and wrecked countries for profit all across the globe and continue to do so without shame or apology.

Who are the real terrorists of the world?
    As for the assassinations of journalists, I presume you are unfamiliar with the famous case of Anna Politkovskaya?

I admit, assassinating her like that was sloppy work, they could have at least made it look like a suicide or accident. The Russkies are slow to catch on to western ways of handling the critics but they're making progress.

I was surprised they allowed protests for example on the run up to Putins reinstatement...but they finally realised that even if you allow your population to protest, you can just ignore them anyway like they do in most democracies.

There is no link of the killing to Putin though, so we are again speculating.
    Maybe you should start a CT thread about who killed Anna and make an argument?
    In contrast to this tale of massive corruption, murder and election fraud, you present a case of an Irish company being sold to the highest bidder - I presume you read the article I posted from the IT? - with no link whatsoever to Enda Kenny. Fair enough.

Yeah, no evidence of your claims either it seems but you still stroke your own ego none the less with jonny7 trailing behind.

I agree, 100 million euro is chump change. we can easily cover this by closing a few hospitals down, increasing taxes, cutting welfare.

Just a quick thought from an ignorant person on that topic of Russia.
    But the death of that journalist could also have beena gambit.

Of course it could have been but why believe that when you can believe that Putin, the devil himself ordered the assassination?

I'll bet if I search this site for posts, I'll find accusations of Ju Jintao skinning babies alive and drinking their blood by the Anti-Russo/Sino cult that watch US news their whole lives.

You're so quick to believe any propaganda related to China or Russia without first establishing FACTS.

There seems to be a little cult that just hate Russia/China for any reason what so ever without ever questioning what they are being told.
    Strange that you would assume that. You must have missed my many posts critical of the US and maladministration everywhere. But why comment from a position of knowledge when you can just make a pile of assumptions and attack that straw man? :)
    The only conclusion I could arrive at after thinking about this : These people were brainwashed by US news propaganda from a very young age.
    The other conclusion you could reach is that you have no idea about my attitude to the US, so you probably shouldn't comment on it.
    Unsurprisingly, you didn't bother to read the original article...the shocking "evidence" you mention from Business Insider claiming Putin is worth $40 billion in assets...

The journalist who wrote the story, Adam Taylor sourced the article from The Telegraph.

The Telegraph cite Stanislav Belkovsky, a close friend of exiled Russian oligarch Boris Berezovsky who is basically Russian Mafia, the same Mafia you claim runs Russia.

The odd thing is that the same claims were also made in confidential US internal communications that were leaked by Wikileaks:
    Vladimir Putin has secret assets hidden abroad, leaked US cables from the former secretary of state Condoleezza Rice allege. Citing opposition sources, Rice said Putin refused to install a strong successor when he stepped down as president in 2008 because he was afraid he could become the target of "law enforcement investigations".

Putin's objective at the time was to secure his "alleged illicit proceeds", the cables from her office said.

Other classified cables referred repeatedly to the "secretive Swiss-based oil trading firm Gunvor" as an alleged source of Putin's undisclosed wealth. The US ambassador in Moscow, John Beyrle, described the company as being closely connected to the Kremlin, and said its "secretive ownership is rumoured to include prime minister Putin".

Gunvor said in 2007: "It is plain wrong to state that President Putin owns any part of Gunvor or is a beneficiary of its activities."

But the allegations are likely to lead to fresh scrutiny of Putin's personal wealth, following claims three years ago amid Kremlin infighting that he was Europe's richest man.
    But presumably the US intelligence sources in Russia got it from the Telegraph too?
    All you have is the word of a man with close links to the Russian Mafia that despise Putin...you think Putin is part of the Russian Mafia? ...don't be crazy, he's not even Jewish, the Russian Mafia is a Jewish sect.

You probably know a lot about Italian Mafia but what do you know about the Jewish Mafia? Very little i'd say since Hollywood don't have make any shows/films about it.
    The Russian mafia is a 'Jewish Sect'? Wow, that's a new one. I don't suppose you have any evidence for that?
    Some analysts speculate Rothschild family assets are worth $500 trillion, is it true? Who can say for sure? maybe they are, maybe they aren't, it is only speculation you see, not FACT or "leaked" evidence that you claim.
    No 'analysts' believe that, unless by 'analyst' you mean 'conspiracy theorist pulling numbers out of his ass'? If you can find a credible source for this - e.g. Wikileaks, The Economist - basically some organisation with a good reputation - I'd love to see it.
    You and Jonny7 just want to believe Russia are the big bad bully of the world when it's your heroes the US who have invaded and wrecked countries for profit all across the globe and continue to do so without shame or apology.

My heroes, the US? Your hero, the straw man.
    I admit, assassinating her like that was sloppy work, they could have at least made it look like a suicide or accident. The Russkies are slow to catch on to western ways of handling the critics but they're making progress.

I was surprised they allowed protests for example on the run up to Putins reinstatement...but they finally realised that even if you allow your population to protest, you can just ignore them anyway like they do in most democracies.

Ok, so I think this is a grudging admission that political assassinations take place in Russia. I hope Enda Kenny isn't reading this.
    Yeah, no evidence of your claims either it seems but you still stroke your own ego none the less with jonny7 trailing behind.
    I've provided plenty of evidence. Did you read about the election fraud? Did you watch the video of the guy blatantly filling in the ballot papers? Youtube is full of them. Did you read about the district where more voters voted for Putin's party than are even registered? Did you read about the assassinations? Did you read about Putin's links to Guvnor?

I'm not sure what you are talking about with regard to 'ego stroking', but you certainly seem keen to personalise this discussion. I have not called you any names or suggested you are a credulous idiot - I would thank you for returning the same level of respect.
    I agree, 100 million euro is chump change. we can easily cover this by closing a few hospitals down, increasing taxes, cutting welfare.
    What 100 million? If you read the article I posted, it was clear that the company was sold to the highest bidder. Why have you ignored it?

I think your claim that Ireland is run by a kleptocrat can be safely dismissed, no?

The odd thing is that the same claims were also made in confidential US internal communications that were leaked by Wikileaks:

There is NO mention of how much Putin is worth in the Wikileaks Cable, NOTHING.
    See here for yourself

All we have is the word of a man with links to the Russian Mafia and that's it!
    What's truly odd is you still believe this story based purely on hearsay.
    But presumably the US intelligence sources in Russia got it from the Telegraph too?

:D It doesn't say in the cable how much Putin is worth though, does it?
    It makes for sexy reading when you include unsubstantiated allegations from a member of the Russian mafia.
    The Russian mafia is a 'Jewish Sect'? Wow, that's a new one. I don't suppose you have any evidence for that?

I meant Jewish Syndicate, I got my words mixed up.
    No 'analysts' believe that, unless by 'analyst' you mean 'conspiracy theorist pulling numbers out of his ass'? If you can find a credible source for this - e.g. Wikileaks, The Economist - basically some organisation with a good reputation - I'd love to see it.

You're the one pulling numbers from your ass about Putin and how much he's worth?
    Do you just want to back down and concede you have none? It's just getting silly now.

First your cite the BI and Telegraph articles as evidence and "leaked" information, then you try the Wikileaks sh!te...all we have is 1 guy from the Russian mafia who hate Putin, that's it...that's your bombshell evidence?

Give up.
    Ok, so I think this is a grudging admission that political assassinations take place in Russia. I hope Enda Kenny isn't reading this.

You probably voted for Enda Kenny.

He doesn't have to assassinate any Journalist for criticism of his corruption, he just ignores them and continues on.
    I've provided plenty of evidence. Did you read about the election fraud? Did you watch the video of the guy blatantly filling in the ballot papers? Youtube is full of them. Did you read about the district where more voters voted for Putin's party than are even registered? Did you read about the assassinations? Did you read about Putin's links to Guvnor?

I'm not sure what you are talking about with regard to 'ego stroking', but you certainly seem keen to personalise this discussion. I have not called you any names or suggested you are a credulous idiot - I would thank you for returning the same level of respect.

All your "evidence" has amounted to the words of 1 man from the Russian Mafia who have no integrity.

If you've nothing else to add, I think we can conclude that you were misinformed and your apology which is highly appropriate for taking up my time on this issue is duly accepted.

Respectfully,
    Superluck

P.S I have decided not to charge you for my services at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Corruption is extremely difficult to measure, but it's well known that it is very high in Russia and comparatively lower in major European powers and the US.

In the US since the early nineties, 5 journalists have been killed, whereas that number in Russia is 165.

CT threads started here about Russia or countries that aren't Ireland/US/Israel generally tend to disappear quickly - much like journalists in Russia!

• Advertisement

Where did you get the 165 from and what were the circumstances of each death?
    I checked CPJ and it lists 53, I haven't even looked into the background of each death so who knows what the real number is.

165? ...really? where does it say this?

Advertisement