Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

''Blammo Kill Markers''.

• 20-03-2009 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

Anyone heard of these new ''Blammo Kill Marker'' bb's?
    They are new bb's that are coated with a powder like substance that is apparently safe to use in the airsoft guns,as the powder only leaves the bb on impact with a target and apparently does not leave the residue in your gun.This is only what i've read in the description of them though.They leave a colour powder mark on impact with your target to show the hit.
    I have never used them,and I was wondering are they any good.
    Anyone used them or have any comments on them??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

they destroy your barrel and hop up!! one or two of the lads on my team were using them and they ruined his hop up and barrel and they dont reallyleave a mark....aside from that what is the point? it just turns your aeg into a paintball gun as far as i'm concerned. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭TunnelWeb

Yeah I was kinda figuring they would mess the gun up....
    I think It would be fun to have proper markers for an airsoft gun though.

Anyone else had any experience with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Walsh475

I used them at the take aim cup. they work alright but i needs to be a fairly direct hit from medium to short range. The colour you use also makes a difference depending what you are shooting at. they do leave a residue in the barrel of your AEG or gbb depending on what you use which can be resolved with a good barrel clean. The .2g ones arent much use for sniping. they are in no way paintballs they dont splat

Hey walsh475,Do they mess up your gun? What would you say their effective range is?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Walsh475

TunnelWeb wrote: »
    Hey walsh475,Do they mess up your gun? What would you say their effective range is?

they do leave a bit of a mess but nothing that a good swabbing with a ram rod wont fix. I find its better to mix them in with your regular bbs so that there wont be as many of them goin through your aeg. i find they work the best in pistols. as for effective range i would say about 30ft if u want a nice pink mark if u are using the pinkies:D. mainly for cqb i would say,

• Advertisement

Walsh475 wrote: »
    they do leave a bit of a mess but nothing that a good swabbing with a ram rod wont fix. I find its better to mix them in with your regular bbs so that there wont be as many of them goin through your aeg. i find they work the best in pistols. as for effective range i would say about 30ft if u want a nice pink mark if u are using the pinkies:D. mainly for cqb i would say,

I don't think i'd risk putting them thru an Aeg,I'd probably just use em in my sniper or something.....although their range is a downside....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

The first i heard of these BBs was when i was in germany at the IWA and speaking to the guys who are making them. the guy took a few of them out of the bottle and handed them to me, then proceeded to give us all the patter etc about how they dont rub, chip, smudge, do any damage, they dont shatter etc etc. yet while he was waffling on, i was rubbing it in my hand and it started transferring really easy. then i put some very light pressure on it with my nail and the coating just chipped away.
    To anyone even considering getting these BBs, I would highly discourage using them at all. they will ruin your barrel and hopup. the colouring will come off as it passes through the hopup, then the air nozzle is going to push it down into the hop chamber resulting in more colouring left in the hopup and air nozzle. then its going to go down the barrel which will in turn, effect your accuracy and could lead to jams. If your gun is still under warrenty too, it would be worth checking with the retailer before using these as its not going to be hard to tell if you end up needing a repair.
    The BB itself isnt actually smooth so im not holding out much hope for how accurate it will be. that coupled with the fact that its already scratched before it fires will effect its flight. Also, to put into context these people making them, they were trying to sell us some really low end cheapo springer guns and were singing the praises like as if they were made from gold. When we laughed that off and asked if there was any proper airsoft gear, they replied with, "yes, we do the Classic Army range".

These BBs are nothing more than glorified paintball BBs from the poundshop. :)

Sooo ehh. No.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭big dan

don't think I'd like these being fired at me if I had a mesh mask or goggles on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

im with dan on this one....wouldnt like to come up against these with my mesh mask on!!!!!

also i was talking to a fella that got them shot at him and he cant get the mark out, he yried scrubbing and it didnt budge!

Yeah,they seem to be pretty **** so.....I sorta figured as much.Just thought i'd ask around before risking them.I wont be touching them so!
    Thanks guys.:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Masada wrote: »
    These BBs are nothing more than glorified paintball BBs from the poundshop. :)

I've yet to hear a better description of these yet.

Why would anybody even need these things?

Don't we all follow the honour system rigidly?

Advertisement