Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Selling or Swapping Watches & Timepieces - **read first post**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Homer wrote: »

on that one you've either got the wrong text or the wrong picture ...that's a handwind, not an automatic

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e263360f0e89d844462c7aa63d868aacaefd44.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭Homer

peasant wrote: »
    on that one you've either got the wrong text or the wrong picture ...that's a handwind, not an automatic

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e263360f0e89d844462c7aa63d868aacaefd44.jpg

Doh! That's what happens when I try to multitask! To clarify.. It is in fact a hand wind! Cheers for pointing that out P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Lovely watches Homer and nice bargains for their new owners IMHO

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Karl007

I have a 14k gold pocket watch made by "Howard Watch Co." I also have a gold broadforde railroad Swiss pocket watch. Any offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Too many watches right now, and I fancy a few upgrades to the bike, so my IWC is up for sale.
    http://www.adverts.ie/mens-watches/iwc-aquatimer-chrono/1448730

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭Homer

bogmanfan wrote: »
    Too many watches right now, and I fancy a few upgrades to the bike, so my IWC is up for sale.

Ban him :eek: :p

Beautiful piece BM.. Damn this wedding fund anyway :p

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

thats one cool watch john, I think youll miss it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

That looks like good value for somebody - good luck with the sale.

Not much interest in the IWC, so trying my vintage Breitling:
    http://www.adverts.ie/mens-watches/vintage-breitling-navitimer-chrono-matic/1465947

• Registered Users Posts: 10,175 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Not much interest in the IWC, so trying my vintage Breitling:
    http://www.adverts.ie/mens-watches/vintage-breitling-navitimer-chrono-matic/1465947

If only it was a similar vintage Autavia, Carrera or (at a push) Monaco, I'd be (figuratively) on the way out to collect it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Even so that's a helluva nice example of a "pure" Heuer and a good investment, never mind using it on a daily basis as a damn fine watch. I'd personally prefer it to the Carrera. Ahh if I wasn't such a broke arsed cheap bastard... :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Hi All

need to flip this ASAP due to another incoming...

http://www.adverts.ie/1470171

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭MrSparkle

Hi All

need to flip this ASAP due to another incoming...

http://www.adverts.ie/1470171

Damn that's tempting. That'll go really quickly at that price.

I was tempted by this aswell but can't going spending that much on a watch at the moment. There would be a not very happy lady at home!

I must unsubscribe from this thread, too many nice pieces going up here.

and again...some others that just ain't getting worn

I think they are all working

http://www.adverts.ie/1470334

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

DP have you a better picture of the G-Shock? I maybe interested in that one.

Hi Bullseye

any better

IMG_0321.jpg

Will get my camera out tomorrow and take better ones

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

If you have one handy of the Getat, I might be interested. It looks like the one that I ordered but didn't get in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Alittle fuzzy but I get the picture. Not the one I'm looking for but very close. I like it though. If you can get better pictures up tomorrow I'd appreciate it, i may still br interested. Is this a solar or radio controlled one? It's been a long time since I've had a digital watch. Looks like a nice example.

Eoin wrote: »
    If you have one handy of the Getat, I might be interested. It looks like the one that I ordered but didn't get in the end.

Here ya go

IMG_0289.jpg

Will get camera out and take better ones

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Thanks - 44mm I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Hey DT,

If Eoin doesn't take the Getat would you fancy a swap for my PVD all black Getat I was wearing the day we met?

Sparrowcar

I think someone has posted about the Getat on his advert, so I'd say it's probably best to post there instead.

Eoin wrote: »
    I think someone has posted about the Getat on his advert, so I'd say it's probably best to post there instead.

Hey...

Someone bought the lot for asking price...so.. are all gone unless he bails

Thanks for the interest..

I still have a lovely Breitling Colt Certified Chrono going

Jeeze...I feel like Bogmanfan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

4 watches for 150euro. I think I paid more than that for my g shock.
    Someone picked up a serious bargain.

Just knocked a few quid off the price of the Breitling.

here's my Tissot PRC 200 for sale. Looking to replace this with something different, but at least as nice (though that might be hard, given their value for money). Would put about 300 along with it for the right watch. Looking for 200. Edit: Sold

YWE0NDNkNDkxOGY0NmU3YjExZDhlMzhlZDY0N2IzMjEHGSzyjGs7a0u795UJ33ElaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOWMzZTZjZTRlODA5MjE4OTExMTI0NDg0YmMyNTU1YWRkMmM3ODE3OWU0NGIyZjVlZWM1YzdhNzBiNGMxM2I3NS5qcGd8fDQ1MHx8fHx8fHxodHRwOi8vd3d3LmFkdmVydHMuaWUvc3RhdGljL2kvbm9uZS1pbWFnZS5qcGd8.jpg

Doubt it will be of interest to anyone here, but flogging a cheap rotary divers watch for 30 [Edit: Sold

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e26336c6feddc1ce4b10bb4c2a2f4c6e49e5e8.jpg

• Advertisement

Good value both IMHO E. If I had a more manly wrist and/or could swim I'd be tempted myself.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement