Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reporting a post

• 26-03-2012 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭

What happens when a post is reported?

I reported something Saturday night, that I considered seriously derogatory and downright distasteful. I received no acknowledgement of my report, nor was the post removed, or user banned/infracted. (not that I'm suggesting any of that should have been done based solely on my report, but some communication from a mod would have been appreciated). I have seen posters banned/infracted for less :confused:

Regards
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Ok it does and it doesn't!

I understand, due to the amount of reports it is not possible to reply to each one individually. I fully appreciate that. But as is the case with the post I reported, no action was taken, so a pm to explain why would be helpful for incidences of future reporting!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,247 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

There simply aren't the resources to start PMing people when action is (or isn't) taken. We very much appreciate people reporting posts, without them the site just wouldn't function as well as it does. However all our mods are volunteers and to impose on them the requirement to PM people to discuss their actions or inactions isn't really feasible, particularly as some people won't just accept the explanation given and will continue the discussion ad infinitum.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Ok it does and it doesn't!

I understand, due to the amount of reports it is not possible to reply to each one individually. I fully appreciate that. But as is the case with the post I reported, no action was taken, so a pm to explain why would be helpful for incidences of future reporting!

Are you sure no action was taken? If someone is given a warning or infraction, the yellow or red card shows up on the post. If someone is banned though, nothing shows up unless the mod posts something. The mod may have banned or given a warning via PM without indicating it on the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Penn wrote: »
    Are you sure no action was taken? If someone is given a warning or infraction, the yellow or red card shows up on the post. If someone is banned though, nothing shows up unless the mod posts something. The mod may have banned or given a warning via PM without indicating it on the thread.
    ...or the matter may have been handled by PM out of public view.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
Advertisement