Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Great Gerry Ryan

• 08-03-2012 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Its hard to believe its almost 2 years since we lost the greatest irish man of modern time but yet nothing has been done to remember him, 2fm didnt even do a tribuite for the first anniversary of his death last year. I think the may bank holiday monday should become an annual day of rememberance for him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭telekon

Lottie?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

I'd like to see a statue erected of him in Dublin City Centre. Outside The Bailey where I first had the pleasure of meeting him all those years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Its hard to believe its almost 2 years since we lost the greatest irish man of modern time but yet nothing has been done to remember him, 2fm didnt even do a tribuite for the first anniversary of his death last year. I think the may bank holiday monday should become an annual day of rememberance for him.

Is that you Gerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

This is a man who killed himself by abusing illegal drugs and you want to hold him up as a model for future generations?
    ..... the greatest irish man of modern time

You must be joking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Greenman wrote: »
    Is that you Gerry?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭DanWall

I never thought of him as great, he always seemed to turn his conversations to smut, not a great example to our young.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

telekon wrote: »
    Lottie?
    stuck on a crossword, the clue is patronage bestowed or favoritism shown on the basis of family relationship, as in business and politics or radio

N?pot??m

any ideas?

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

dvcireland wrote: »

N?pot??m

No it wasn't pot, it was cocaine that got him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I miss his radio show, Tubs and Hayes are no match at all.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

Its hard to believe its almost 2 years since we lost the greatest irish man of modern time

Yes indeed, Gerry Ryan was up there with Aodh Mór Ó Néill, Mícheál Ó Coileáin and John Hume.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

A bit of a watered down Howard Stern wannabe, but that was a good thing in my book. Hard to believe its been nearly 2 years already.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭todolist

I listened to his show every morning at work.He was a superb broadcaster.I miss him and haven't bothered tuning in to 2fm since his loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

A discussion about G Ryans radio show is most welcome but that's all that is to be discussed. Failing that I'll close the thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement