Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Xbox Switch?

• 24-02-2012 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi Guys,

I wonder if you can help me, I recently purchased an old original Xbox off ebay, it is full working order. But there are some switches on the back, that as far as I can tell arent on the original release model?

Enable - Disable, Protect - Unprotect, Bank1 - Bank2

What are these for, I thought I would come on here as I havent got a clue what they mean?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Sounds like its a modded/chipped xbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pigsy2400

what does it do?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Switch 1 is labeled Enable/Disable
    turns chip off and on

switch 2 is labeled Protect/Unprotected
    protect you can,t flash the chip with a bios have this on so you don,t flash by misstake
    Unprotected you can flash the chip with a bios

switch 3 is labeled Bank1/Bank2.
    these is were you can have two bios bank 1 has a 512k bios (x2 5035 if that what you flash it with)and bank 2 has flashbios 3.0.3 if you have not flash over it

It's an Xecuter chipped Xbox, for illegal stuffs. Honestly I'd return it if it wasn't mentioned in the ad.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Why? Win win, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Andy!! wrote: »
    Why? Win win, no?

You will get a console ban if you take it online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

thorbarry wrote: »

If the price was too good to be true that may have happened already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Considering there is no online on the original xbox anymore then I'd highly doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,352 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It's an Xecuter chipped Xbox, for illegal stuffs. Honestly I'd return it if it wasn't mentioned in the ad.

Something similar happened to me on adverts a few months ago. I bought a second hand Wii and when I switched it on I discovered it had been softmodded. (but not mentioned in the ad)

Why would he return it? It's a complete win win situation. It's like buying a jacket in a charity shop and finding 20 quid in the pocket when you get home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Returning it is madness, it also doesn't mean it's kneejerkingly illegal either. It could simply be running XBMC.

You can use it as a stock console if you wish, you only have the option of doing other things with it now like using it as a small HTPC/streaming console etc

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

All I'm saying is if it was in the description its broken ebay's T&C. It's at the OPs discretion to return it if he wants to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

All I'm saying is if it was in the description its broken ebay's T&C. It's at the OPs discretion to return it if he wants to.

I'd say they intentionally left it out of the description, otherwise Ebay would have pulled the auction. By being something that isn't as advertised, you are correct though in that the op has full recourse should he wish to pursue it.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

lol what year do you think it is :P

Advertisement