Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Sale: Final Reductions

• 18-01-2009 7:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭

There are some very good deals up to the end of March with Aer Lingus right now due to their inability to fill planes.

eg fly to New York(JFK) from Shannan (23Mar-28Mar) return for €253 per person.
    Taking the flight that stops in Dub adds about €20(pp) to the flight.

I only check these dates.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I think the sale ends tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭ollaetta

I booked 2 tickets to the USA last night as I didn't want to miss out on the "sale" prices. I was interested to see what the same flights would cost today and nearly fell out of my chair to see that they were €115 cheaper! "Sale" my ar*e!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 medic143

I managed to book a flight yesterday for Dec 19 (one way from Orlando to Dublin) and today it says you can only book 330 days ahead (no later than 16 Dec) :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

got a return flight to san fran direct from dublin, in June, for 606euro last night, a saving of over 100 euro on sunday nights prices.. i think their 20% off sale finishes tomorrow though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I find aerlingus sales to be a bit dodgy.. I booked two flights to san fran last year, two weeks after I booked them they had a sale in which the flights where €300 more expensive... All in all, between when I booked and flew aerlingus had 3 sales. The flights where never sold at the price I paid, during one sale the flights where €1200 more than what I paid...

Again, in dec the where having a sale.. GFs mam asked me to book two tickets for her to spain. Came to €260, checked on ryanair and got them for €80... Sale me hoop...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

the aer lingus "sales" have always been very suspect

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

True - considering Delta's price return including taxes is the same as aer lingus one way fare....
    http://www.ebookers.ie/deals/dest?pageKey=DELTA-TRAVEL-DEALS

MIght put this as it's own thread....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Booked Cork to Rome for €50 on Sunday night.

Saw the "Sale" advert yesterday and checked same flights as a matter of interest....

€90!

For two people their "sale" price would have been an extra 100 quid.

I'll check tomorrow to see if the flights are back to the price before the "sale"!

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭holly8

kcb wrote: »
    Booked Cork to Rome for €50 on Sunday night.

Saw the "Sale" advert yesterday and checked same flights as a matter of interest....

€90!

For two people their "sale" price would have been an extra 100 quid.

I'll check tomorrow to see if the flights are back to the price before the "sale"!

AL "Sale" is total dodge.

Yesterday evening, with 20% sale extended 1 extra day, blah, blah ... I booked flights SNN to NYC @ €181 each way before taxes, etc.
    Total = €366.58.
    Web site blares I saved circa €70!!

This morning, same flights, no sale are €160 each way!! Total now about €390.

Real saving about €24!!

C'mon, we not that stupid ...

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭holly8

It was still a good fare though for mid-May to mid-June - the best I could find out there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭hill16dub

remember the government has a part share in this company

Would they be co-joling inaccurate advertising

Book a flight from DUBLIN to LONDON GTW

Seats advertised 6.99 going out and 1.99 coming back

FANTASTIC??? OH NO

Lets see how they suck you in

The 6.99 is on a saturday evening, waste of a day, decide to go in the morning now its 14.99 (Still okay!)
    Coming back advertisied price is at night time, change to an earlier flight 9.99 (still okay!)

Now the fun starts

Handling fee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭hill16dub

remember the government has a part share in this company

Would they be co-joling inaccurate advertising

Book a flight from DUBLIN to LONDON GTW

Seats advertised 6.99 going out and 1.99 coming back

FANTASTIC??? OH NO

Lets see how they suck you in

The 6.99 is on a saturday evening, waste of a day, decide to go in the morning now its 14.99 (Still okay!)
    Coming back advertisied price is at night time, change to an earlier flight 9.99 (still okay!)

Now the fun starts

Handling fee 10 euros
    Taxes and charges 29.22
    Suitcase (you are going for a week end 24.00 euros (cough!!!)

Total cost 88.20 each for a flight that was advertised as 1.99 and 6.99 originally

RYANAIR have been blamed for this type of inaccurate speel but now a part government owned airline is IMO worse

SHAME!!!

Advertisement