Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who do you have a man crush on?

• 02-03-2010 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Time to get your big ghey on!

Mine is Tom Brady.

He is a legend, superstar Hall of Fame bound QB for the New England Patriots, Supermodel girlfriend (he's too good for her btw), well dressed and an all around charitable, good guy. Not to mention his great grandfather is from Cork!
    gisele_bunchen300.jpg

And of course, he does this every Sunday:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I predict that 65%+ of the responses will include
    Christian Bale

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭token56

liah wrote: »
    I predict that 65%+ of the responses will include
    Christian Bale

I think there will be more
    George Clooney
    ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

1. Christian Bale
    2. Fernando Torres
    3. Pepe Reina
    4. Robert Downey Jr.

I know what you're thinking, and it's not true! :p

Just to get this straight in my head.
    Man crushes are about coolness?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Jeff Buckley

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Moonbaby wrote: »

This how i see it, myself and Tom throwing the pigskin around the backyard on a summer evening, having a few beers, shooting the sh1t, best friends forever...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Moonbaby wrote: »

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Man%20Crush

2 and 3 is how I see it. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

To answer the question: noone
    but jeez, look at this forum now "who do you have a man crush on", "homosexuality, homophobia and how straight men deal with gay men", "would you admit you find another man attractive"
    that is three of the top four threads at my time of posting
    I mean it's all very fascinating and all that but maybe confining that discussion to one thread would be better?
    I don't know, the cynic inside of me thinks it is someone trying to coax someone into a homophobic comment/remark so that they can say "ah I told you so, Irish straight men are homophobic gay-bashing neanderthals"
    The majority of us are not and frankly in my opinion there is an overkill on this issue on this forum at the moment and it's getting a bit tedious....and yes I am aware that a mancrush does not necessarily signify a sexual attraction but it may be construed as such...it's just a bit dull, i thought only teenage girls idolised famous people.

personally speaking, anybody who idolizes someone they don't even know is a bit mad I think, admire yes, respect yes but idolize - hmmm chill out a bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

I always thought a man crush as a straight guy is someone I'd fancy if I was a woman? If so yeah Tom Brady would get it :p Christian Bale and George Clooney too. Michael Buble maybe, I can see what women like about him, the jammy git.

Can't top The Bale though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

James McAvoy

:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

donfers wrote: »
    To answer the question: noone
    but jeez, look at this forum now "who do you have a man crush on", "homosexuality, homophobia and how straight men deal with gay men", "would you admit you find another man attractive"
    that is three of the top four threads at my time of posting
    I mean it's all very fascinating and all that but maybe confining that discussion to one thread would be better?
    I don't know, the cynic inside of me thinks it is someone trying to coax someone into a homophobic comment/remark so that they can say "ah I told you so, Irish straight men are homophobic gay-bashing neanderthals"
    The majority of us are not and frankly in my opinion there is an overkill on this issue on this forum at the moment and it's getting a bit tedious....and yes I am aware that a mancrush does not necessarily signify a sexual attraction but it may be construed as such...it's just a bit dull, i thought only teenage girls idolised famous people.

personally speaking, anybody who idolizes someone they don't even know is a bit mad I think, admire yes, respect yes but idolize - hmmm chill out a bit!

last time i checked this was a forum to discuss mens issues and lives. These topics directly relate to men, so why not discuss them. Three threads out of whole first page is nothing, and going by the content of each of the 3 threads merging them would be impossible, as they all discussing different things. Like we always say around here, if you don't like a thread and its content, simply don't read it.

as to the bit of your post thats OT, well people have idolised others around them since civilisation began. Certainly the modern media has created idols out of frankly dull, boring or plain stupid people, but people who deserve respect and to be looked up still exist. I would suggest maybe taking some of your own advice.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

WTF?

Is this 'man crush' stuff a Dublin thing?

Saaaaaaaaaaaaadddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

last time i checked this was a forum to discuss mens issues and lives. These topics directly relate to men, so why not discuss them. Three threads out of whole first page is nothing, and going by the content of each of the 3 threads merging them would be impossible, as they all discussing different things. Like we always say around here, if you don't like a thread and its content, simply don't read it.

as to the bit of your post thats OT, well people have idolised others around them since civilisation began. Certainly the modern media has created idols out of frankly dull, boring or plain stupid people, but people who deserve respect and to be looked up still exist. I would suggest maybe taking some of your own advice.......

fair comment, thanks for the reply

it's not an issue I've ever really discussed with my friends in all honesty not because of any homophobic issues but because there is nothing really to discuss

but I'm sure the more open-minded or information seekers* amongt us have had this discussion and fair play to them for having the courage to do so.

Unlike a lot of us, people who have this discussion are obviously secure enough in themselves and their sexualities to debate it openly.

I would never discuss this issue seriously with my friends as I don't take it seriously but throw it out there amongst a group of lads as a laugh in the pub and I guarantee the reactions will tell you a lot about who the secure ones are, who the possible homophobes are (if any) etc.

* an information seeker is someone who discusses a topic not on the basic of any genuine interest in the specific topic itself, but moreso based on interest in what the reactions of the individuals in the discussion group tell the information seeker about those individuals (especially common for more taboo issues, e.g. you are not going to go up and ask someone "Are you a racist/homophobe etc?", Instead you pose an innocent yet provocative question and watch the sparks fly. I realise I am stating the obvious here but academics make a fortune out of making the simplest of concepts sound complex and elaborate more often than not in order to justify their own existence but that's a whole other topic ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,936 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Arnold

arnold_cigar.jpg

What a guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Johnny Depp and George Clooney. They both just go about their business in a very professional way and always come across well in any interviews I see. And they're both good loooking guys if we're coming at it from that perspective too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Milo Ventimiglia. Partly cos of his bitchin' name. Mostly cos I wish I was Peter Petrelli.

0000035200_20061021061603.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Come to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :p

Torres2DM0209_468x313.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭ronaldoshaky

How bizarre.

Milo Ventimiglia. Partly cos of his bitchin' name. Mostly cos I wish I was Peter Petrelli.

And also as it would have menat lots of cavorting with the lovely Alexis Bledel when you were younger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Eric Dane... dude fooking oozes cool.

eric-dane-headshot.jpg

jerry-flannery-415x546.jpg

Flanimal

BEAST!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

tigar woods :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Johnny Depp.... He's like the coolest bloke around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Arnold

arnold_cigar.jpg

What a guy.

+1, the man's a legend. he came from nothing, to becoming a huge movie star and the Govenator of California! He's a very intelligent and savvy businessman. And he's f'n cool :cool:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

river_of_no_return_2_2.jpg

Robert Mitchum.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Robert%20Mitchum%20in%20jail.jpg

And Robert Mitchum. All that and good at rolling joints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Mitchum is a total bad ass alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

I'm a bit p!ssed I can't list my girl crushes without being OT.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

man crush is for gay people op is this a gay thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

moonpurple wrote: »
    man crush is for gay people op is this a gay thread?

Grow up. Consider this a warning.

• Advertisement

Giselle wrote: »
    I'm a bit p!ssed I can't list my girl crushes without being OT.:mad:

Hey go for it. I don't think anybody would mind. Or you could start your own thread over in TLL.

Advertisement