Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Palaeontology forum meetup

• 23-05-2012 9:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Would any of you be interested in organising a day out for all of us on the forum to meet up, do a bit of fossil hunting and the likes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I'd be up for it, although I'm quite busy between now and mid June.
    Bear in mind though, several of the forum's regulars do not live in Ireland so getting numbers may prove difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

If we got 4 or 5, that would be cool. Doesn't have to be immediately.. Whatever suits everyone best.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

I am one of the regulars who don´t live in Ireland, unfortunately, so I can only be there with you in spirit. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Guyett

I'm away working in Spain on my dissertation for college but when I get back I'd be up for going on a little field trip to somewhere around Dublin. The Carboniferous section in Portmarnock is relatively full of fossils.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

I don't live in Ireland, but with enough advance notice I could possibly make it over. No promises though as my work can be very restrictive as to when I take my breaks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Id be up for it but ill confess to not knowing much about fossil hunting!

I didn't know anything about fossil hunting... until I started fossil hunting ;) There's nothing to it really.. And since Ireland only has a very limited range of fossils, there's not much to know about them!

Would a few drinks after be a very bad suggestion?

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Would a few drinks after be a very bad suggestion?

I would imagine it would be a very GOOD suggestion!

Agreed! :)

So anyone want to throw some dates out there? Location?

• Advertisement

dlofnep wrote: »
    Agreed! :)

So anyone want to throw some dates out there? Location?

Anytime I would be delighted to meet up depending on warning in advance!

July's a bit mad for me in terms of film festivals, but I'm sure I could wedge a little bit of fossil hunting in between...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I'm interested. Never been fossil hunting. And if we don't find any fossils I still get to do a bit of amateur geology so it's all good.

Advertisement