Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ehobbyasia

• 13-05-2011 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Im thinking of Buying a KWA M4 Ris from them and was wondering if anyone has any experience with purchasing from them and having it shipped to ireland?
    Is there going to be any hidden custom costs etc ?
    Are they a good place to get this particular gun or is there somewhere better closer to home?
    Thanks any input is appreciated,
    Ryan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭TerrenceAnth

try buy it in ireland i got a pistol which didnt cost to much really in and around the 100-150 doller mark p+p which cost like 60 euro then customs really did me ib because they took there whole package apart tested the gun then held if for like another week before sending it to me with a lovely bill.

Buy in ireland it will save you alot of heartace.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,323 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

ryanmcg94 wrote: »
    Im thinking of Buying a KWA M4 Ris from them and was wondering if anyone has any experience with purchasing from them and having it shipped to ireland?
    Is there going to be any hidden custom costs etc ?
    Are they a good place to get this particular gun or is there somewhere better closer to home?
    Thanks any input is appreciated,
    Ryan

I bought a rifle from them and had no problems. Don't forget you will likely have to get them to downgrade the rifle to below 1 joule, I think I paid about $25 for it to be downgraded.

The customs costs aren't 'hidden', they're pretty open, you'll have to pay VAT @ 21% of the total price plus 'admin' fees that the courier will hit you for.

You could also ask a retailer to import it for you, it will cost a bit more but will save you the headache and you'll have a warrenty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ryanmcg94

Thanks for the replies guys,
    Originaly Posted by Blay
    I bought a rifle from them and had no problems. Don't forget you will likely have to get them to downgrade the rifle to below 1 joule, I think I paid about $25 for it to be downgraded.

The customs costs aren't 'hidden', they're pretty open, you'll have to pay VAT @ 21% of the total price plus 'admin' fees that the courier will hit you for.

You could also ask a retailer to import it for you, it will cost a bit more but will save you the headache and you'll have a warrenty.
    It does seem pretty stressful to get it, wait weeks and then at the end of the day being hit with another bill so I probably will just see if a retailer can import it for me.
    Just a final question, will any retailer import it for me or is there anyone in particular you would recommend?
    My locals are hobby airsoft and A.C.S

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

ryanmcg94 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies guys,

It does seem pretty stressful to get it, wait weeks and then at the end of the day being hit with another bill so I probably will just see if a retailer can import it for me.
    Just a final question, will any retailer import it for me or is there anyone in particular you would recommend?
    My locals are hobby airsoft and A.C.S

I don't know about waiting weeks now. Last AEG I ordered was last month and from ehobby. Ordered on a Thursday, they shipped it Friday and I had it in my hands on Monday afternoon. There is no hidden cost as such. I add 25% on to the total cost of my order plus shipping. That's the C.O.D part taken care of with the 21% VAT and customs handling fee and maybe enough for a pint left over.

But anyway, most if not all retailers will order in most items but some won't deal with ehobby while others have them as product partners.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

save yourself the headache and get it from an irish retailer.

i got a g&p m4 from Ehobby through an irish retailer at the beginning of the year. ive had a lot of problems with it from semi not working to the gearbox chewing its self. its been great that i can just drop it back to them to fix for me as it is clearly faulty.

now imaging the pain in hole if i got it direct from ehobby. it would be a fecking nightmare.

as it stands now its back with the retailer for repair.

so i would defo advise buying irish with aeg's every time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ryanmcg94

Originaly Posted by Captain Chaos
    I don't know about waiting weeks now. Last AEG I ordered was last month and from ehobby. Ordered on a Thursday, they shipped it Friday and I had it in my hands on Monday afternoon. There is no hidden cost as such. I add 25% on to the total cost of my order plus shipping. That's the C.O.D part taken care of with the 21% VAT and customs handling fee and maybe enough for a pint left over.

But anyway, most if not all retailers will order in most items but some won't deal with ehobby while others have them as product partners.

Wow !! That's a pretty amazing delivery time, I've had things take longer to arrive from retailers in Ireland !
    Thanks again for the replies, but I won't order it online simply because of what could go wrong judging from your inputs.
    @ 3102derek I'm just going to talk to my local and see if they can't get it for me and leave them with the headache and hassle! The after- purchase customer service is very handy and will help in case all goes horribly wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 28 kane gurney

does anybody know what 640 euros worth of stuff (no guns just parts) would cost for customs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

does anybody know what 640 euros worth of stuff (no guns just parts) would cost for customs
    Make sure that includes the cost of shipping. As it is over €150 you will be liable for import duty and VAT.

Take your total with the shipping cost, and add about 2.5% for customs duty.

Then add 21% (to the new total) for VAT.

Then add €5-15 as a handling charge by the courier who will collect the two charges above.

As said about ~25% for a rule of thumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 kane gurney

thanks alot mate i always thought buying from asia worked out cheaper when in actual fact it cost more (delivery) and vat and the rest even it out too makes u want to support our own economy dont it :) thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

moved to questions

• Advertisement
Advertisement