Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tech Support for Aritech Alarm systems

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,612 ✭✭✭✭altor

An easier option if you can get someone to watch the meter is to disconnect the zone in the panel and connect the meter there with the resistors disconnected from the loop. Go around tapping and opening each sensor about 10 times. After doing each tap or opening the reading should return to normal. An intermittent fault hopefully will show up. I would set the meter to 200 ohms first, test the loop then if not found use the continuity setting to see if you can find the fault. There may be more than one faulty device on the loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 alliv

KoolKid wrote: »
    Big Lounge?If you have a multi meter you can:

Disconnect the zone from the panel & remove any end of line resistors,
    Set you meter to continuity and connect the pair to the 2 meter leads.
    on a lenght of cable long enough to reach all your windows on that zone.
    Make a note of the reading in ohms. One by one tape evey sensor & open and close every contact. After a tap or an open close the resistence should return to the same value. If it does not disconnect that device , close of the pair wired into it & move on. Replace any that you had to close off.
    @altor
    An easier option if you can get someone to watch the meter is to disconnect the zone in the panel and connect the meter there with the resistors disconnected from the loop. Go around tapping and opening each sensor about 10 times. After doing each tap or opening the reading should return to normal. An intermittent fault hopefully will show up. I would set the meter to 200 ohms first, test the loop then if not found use the continuity setting to see if you can find the fault. There may be more than one faulty device on the loop.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    thanks guys. tried to answer you back last night but had problems posting. the alarm was in the house when we got here 10 yrs ago. the girl we bought it off had the alarm installed by her bro. he has 4 windows and the back door on the same zone. would love to change that some day. thanks for your suggestions . i will be working most of the weekend so it will be mid-week before i get a chance to look at it.cheers

Your welcome, if you have any other problems let us know.

alliv wrote: »
    @altor
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    thanks guys. tried to answer you back last night but had problems posting. the alarm was in the house when we got here 10 yrs ago. the girl we bought it off had the alarm installed by her bro. he has 4 windows and the back door on the same zone. would love to change that some day. thanks for your suggestions . i will be working most of the weekend so it will be mid-week before i get a chance to look at it.cheers

guy,s i cant thank you enough. with your help i was able to pin it down to junction where 2 lots of wires where connected. it was down low near the floor and when the wife was washing the floor over the years liquid must have got in and corroder the connections. striped it down and redone it and hey presto.was a worry as we had a robbery outside the house and the cops took the cctv from me and the guys are on the street after seeing the cctv footage. herself is sh*ting herself they will come and pay us a visit.BIG BIG THANK YOU AGAIN.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Glad you got it sorted. And without needing to replace anything. Well done :)

• Advertisement

guy,s i cant thank you enough. with your help i was able to pin it down to junction where 2 lots of wires where connected. it was down low near the floor and when the wife was washing the floor over the years liquid must have got in and corroder the connections. striped it down and redone it and hey presto.was a worry as we had a robbery outside the house and the cops took the cctv from me and the guys are on the street after seeing the cctv footage. herself is sh*ting herself they will come and pay us a visit.BIG BIG THANK YOU AGAIN.

Good to see you got it sorted alliv.
    Hidden junction boxes are always a nightmare :D

guy,s i,m back for more.lol. i found a few window contact sets in the garage in an old bag. how do i wire them to the existing setup? ie. can i wire another contact off one of the existing ones? some are wired with 4 wires and some are with 2 wires.thanks in advance.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The 2 silver terminals are the contact. The other 2 wires will generally be joined. They are the tamper loop. Both loops are wired in series.
    mag_con_multiple_wiring.gif

guy,s i,m back for more.lol. i found a few window contact sets in the garage in an old bag. how do i wire them to the existing setup? ie. can i wire another contact off one of the existing ones? some are wired with 4 wires and some are with 2 wires.thanks in advance.

Very easy to do, all you are doing is connecting the new contact in series with the original sensor. If you have two reds across the contact disconnect one and connect to the reed on the new device. Connect a wire from the the other side of the reed terminal to where the first red was. If there is a resistor, reconnect this in the last device on the loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 d3481553

I'm hoping someone may be able to help with an issue I'm having with a PIR in my apartment. The systems an Aritech CS-25012.

Its the hall PIR - symptoms are 2-fold...

1) When I'm in the hall with the alarm disarmed and the PIR detects movement (i.e. you see the red LED on the PIR), the orange 'Trouble' LED flashes on the control panel for a couple of seconds at the same time.

2) When I set the alarm to go out and then come back, I get my 30 second entry timer and disarm the alarm, but when I turn the corner to walk down the hall, the hall PIR trips and sets off the alarm even though I've just disarmed it, so I have to go back to the control panel and put the code in again to stop the alarm going off.

I've gone through the user menu and the engineering menu and I can't see anywhere that indicates that theres anything wrong with that PIR.

Do you think resetting the system might fix this or will I need an engineer to replace the PIR?

Thanks in advance,

Alan.

• Advertisement

d3481553 wrote: »
    I'm hoping someone may be able to help with an issue I'm having with a PIR in my apartment. The systems an Aritech CS-25012.

Its the hall PIR - symptoms are 2-fold...

1) When I'm in the hall with the alarm disarmed and the PIR detects movement (i.e. you see the red LED on the PIR), the orange 'Trouble' LED flashes on the control panel for a couple of seconds at the same time.

2) When I set the alarm to go out and then come back, I get my 30 second entry timer and disarm the alarm, but when I turn the corner to walk down the hall, the hall PIR trips and sets off the alarm even though I've just disarmed it, so I have to go back to the control panel and put the code in again to stop the alarm going off.

I've gone through the user menu and the engineering menu and I can't see anywhere that indicates that theres anything wrong with that PIR.

Do you think resetting the system might fix this or will I need an engineer to replace the PIR?

Thanks in advance,

Alan.

When you disarm the system after the orange trouble light comes on does it tell you what the fault is ?

No, when I go through the logs after the alarms gone off, it lists a zone tamper, which I think just means that a sensors been tripped?

No, when I go through the logs after the alarms gone off, it lists a zone tamper, which I think just means that a sensors been tripped?

More than likely a fault with the PIR as its the only detector your walking in front of. It is easy enough to swap this out yourself if you get the same type that is installed there will be no drilling either. Here is a link to the supplier list to get a replacement.

Any problems let us know.

Great, thanks for that altor, I'll give that a go and see how I get on ;)

Great, thanks for that altor, I'll give that a go and see how I get on ;)

Do, if you have any problems you will get all the help you need here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 pmurphy7

I had my Aritech 350 repaired by Koolkid, great job and appreciated him calling over Friday late afternoon to unlock the panel, repair a sensor and get the alarm working. There are still some decent tradesman about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Here we go again:rolleyes:
    Another fanclub starting

One post is fine. As long as it doesn't turn into another love story. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 skiman

Hi,

Is it posible to add a reed contact to an aritech inertia shock sensor. My alarm is an Aritech CP35, using 4 core wire to each sensor.

Two wires usually the Blue and Black ones go to the tamper slots. The Red and Yellow go to the other contacts. I have supplied an attached crude drawing of the terminal set up. The large square with the circle insert represents the shoch sensor.

My question is, how do I contact a reed contact to this sensor?

Thanks in advance

Skiman

Very easy, all you have to do is wire the contact in series with the red cable.
    So basically you remove the red cable, connect one side of the contact to that and connect the other side back into the sensor. Do the same with the tamper.

• Advertisement

Altor,

Thanks for that

Skiman

skiman wrote: »
    Altor,

Thanks for that

Skiman

Always happy to help skiman :D

I am trying to connect a reed contact to an aritech inertia shock sensor that is part of a loop, ie, two sets of wires coming from the panel and previous sensor on loop. The wiring is as follows one (1) Blue wire from each set to the tamper terminals. One (1) Red wire from each to the alarm contacts. Black is joined to Black, Yellow joined to Yellow from both wire sets.

I connected the wires as suggested above but the alarm won't set, ie. it activates.

I'd appreciate some advice.

Skiman

skiman wrote: »
    I am trying to connect a reed contact to an aritech inertia shock sensor that is part of a loop, ie, two sets of wires coming from the panel and previous sensor on loop. The wiring is as follows one (1) Blue wire from each set to the tamper terminals. One (1) Red wire from each to the alarm contacts. Black is joined to Black, Yellow joined to Yellow from both wire sets.

I connected the wires as suggested above but the alarm won't set, ie. it activates.

I'd appreciate some advice.

Skiman

Again this needs to be wired in series on the loop. The two red cables are put across the shock sensor in the zone. What this does if the shock is activated then the loop opens and activates the alarm. To wire a contact into the shock you take one of the cables going into the shock sensor and connect it to one side of the contact. The other cable will go back into the shock terminal where you removed the original cable from.

If this is not working I would suggest getting a meter and set it on continuity to check the magnet is lined up correctly on the contact to close the loop, another issue may be the colours used in the contact itself. Some are red and black for the contact and some are red and yellow. Different manufacturers use different colours.

Any other problems, let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cryano

My power went off for a couple of seconds this morning. About 10 mins later the alarm went off. Keypad is completely unresponive. Display just says "CS-XXX keypad V1.5".

I turned off the circuit breaker to turn off alarm and I'm not getting the red power light.

Any ideas?

it needs a new battery, 12v 7Ah should fit

Thanks Jnealon. I disconnected the battery and reconnected it. That seem to have fixed it for now. Might pick up a new battery after Christmas. Are they expensive?

Try some of the suppliers here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748
    Keep away from maplins and the likes. They will charge you double or treble the price .

cryano wrote: »
    Thanks Jnealon. I disconnected the battery and reconnected it. That seem to have fixed it for now. Might pick up a new battery after Christmas. Are they expensive?
    No problem
    IGT in Lucan or MEW in Leixlip, beside lidl. MEW might be a bit expensive
    Probably best to sort it out before christmas, the last thing you want is your alarm going bananas when everywhere is closed

• Advertisement

Thanks lads.

I'll probably pick one up in MEW in Leixlip tomorrow. Got a few bit n pieces from them before, seem fairly sound.

Thanks for all the help.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement