Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer gut at 21

• 25-11-2011 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Hi :)

Got bit of a beer, well cider belly in my case going on, at only 21 :rolleyes:
    The rest of my body is pure skinny , apart from my lower belly fat :o
    If i quit the booze for a little while and take up some exercise will i notice a massive difference in fat loss to my stomach?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

why would you want to get rid of it it's a badge of honour

• Registered Users Posts: 25 britespark

pudzey101 wrote: »

If i quit the booze for a little while and take up some exercise will i notice a massive difference in fat loss to my stomach?
    Ease up on the pints , try a bit more exercise,, something you enjoy such as swimming , cycleing, walking ect, ect and eat plenty of healthy foods and drink loads of water,, that should do the trick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

britespark wrote: »
    Ease up on the pints , try a bit more exercise,, something you enjoy such as swimming , cycleing, walking ect, ect and eat plenty of healthy foods and drink loads of water,, that should do the trick!!
    Are you sure you're not in the wrong forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 paul the great

I feel your pain!! Had the same problem a few months ago and I'm 24.
    Solution: ate less, drank less and exercised more. The beer gut started falling away after a few weeks.
    Still enjoy my few pints at the weekend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

It's ok to be a late developer. Not getting it until 21 is nothing to be ashamed of. Some of us grew our bellies at 16,17,18. That doesn't make us better at it - we all just develop at different rates.

Congrats on yours finally arriving tho. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭sligoface

i have the same thing, skinny but beer belly. it's actually more noticeable on someone who is mostly thin whereas on a guy who is just generally beefy it looks more natural. but the good news is that it should recede and fall in line with your body type.

i got mine at twenty, was 185 lbs at 5 foot 10, lost it and gained it back several times over the next ten years. lots of beery nights usually leads to late night snacking on greasy food and inactive days after.

it boils down to what to you like more: being thin or drinking. some of us can't have it all...

have to admit i usually choose beer.

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

I've a weird build, not muscular, smallish head but i have the belly. Crisps and beer will do that, you can believe that.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭BIG BAD JOHN

If you've a beer gut at 21, can the manboobs be far behind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭LoYL

It's enough to make you pull out your hair. Then you really will belong here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 latte2010

legend:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

According to leading medical research it's not due to beer. Maybe you're pregnant.

(Crap, didn't notice the age of this thread.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 hightimes1

Well I would say dont worry, I mean everybody hates themselves, its normal. However, belly fat! ewww.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 hightimes1

wait a minute this is a 2011 post, internet sucks

Advertisement