Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killzone 3 MP Going Free to Download

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That's a great sales model and one I'm surprised has taken this long to hit consoles. It's win-win for Sony, not only does the existing player base get a massive boost, but they're opening up the game to a whole new audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Varik

That's a great sales model and one I'm surprised has taken this long to hit consoles.

There have been a few games so far, including DCU online and some other mmo.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Pity KZ3 is absolute ****e, both SP and MP. And I am (was) a massive Killzone fanboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Considering its got an 79 user rating (84 critic) on metacritic, im guessing it being "Absolute ****e" is subjective !

Not an amazing score but certainly not the lowest user score ever.

I only played the beta, which i found quite decent/fun. The aiming was a bit clunky tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

By my rough estimates you could only get maybe 10 or so games for free. Then you would have to pay.

GG made a post on their website confirming all of this, and confirming that the maps included will include all the dlc maps (awesome).

But, they seem to suggest that there isn't simply a rank-up limit, but that once you reach that rank you can't play anymore.

That rank is Seargeant I - which I think is about 30,000 xp points. A kill is about 100-150 points. So maybe 200 kills, or maybe 10 good games, and then you would have to pay to play-on.

Am I right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

mystic86 wrote: »
    By my rough estimates you could only get maybe 10 or so games for free. Then you would have to pay.

GG made a post on their website confirming all of this, and confirming that the maps included will include all the dlc maps (awesome).

But, they seem to suggest that there isn't simply a rank-up limit, but that once you reach that rank you can't play anymore.

That rank is Seargeant I - which I think is about 30,000 xp points. A kill is about 100-150 points. So maybe 200 kills, or maybe 10 good games, and then you would have to pay to play-on.

Am I right?

I don't think you would be restricted from playing altogether.

I think you would not be able to rank any higher, though you could still continue to play.

Otacon wrote: »
    I don't think you would be restricted from playing altogether.

I think you would not be able to rank any higher, though you could still continue to play.

"Best of all, Killzone 3 Multiplayer is free to try – you can play any of the maps and modes until you reach the rank of Sergeant I. If you want to keep playing, attain higher ranks, and earn any of Killzone 3 Multiplayer’s four exclusive new trophies, you can unlock the full version for only $15 (UK/EU price TBA)."

http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_IE/blog/news/2012-02-24_kz3-multiplayer.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Im playing Killzone 3 at the moment, there are a few friends trophy that I am working on but Killzone 3 isnt that popular at the momen.

Post your PSN if you wanna play killzone3
    aindriu80

Fyi, this is 3.97gb.. Big but I wouldn't have been surprised if it was a good bit more

anybody up for a game??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Andy!! wrote: »
    Pity KZ3 is absolute ****e, both SP and MP. And I am (was) a massive Killzone fanboy.

maybe it's a reflection of how bad the MP was that I found the SP tolerable. it's defo a reflection of how bad it was that it is now free - dipped my toe into just one map n pulled the fück out fast. that one map design was clearly devoid of inspiration imagination and the clunky kz handling didn't translate to online environment well either, which didn't bother me with kz2's better maps

Never saw a developer go to such lengths in seperating a component to make it free. Musta bn really awful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

The problem with Killzone 3 was that it had to live up to Killzone 2 which I think is one of the greatest games I've ever played!

Still not a bad game, it has its moments!

Advertisement