Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How many sexual partners would the average irish 27 year old women have had

• 05-10-2005 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

How many sexual partners would the average Irish 27 year old women have had assuming they started having sex at 16? My girlfriend is 27 and has had 18.

The last girl i went out with had only 2 before me. I doubt very much either were lying.

And have most Irish women at that age had a few one night stands?
    I know this is all normal nowadays but I think 18 is a lot. She was always careful and I would say choosy enough but it's hard to get it out of my head. But I have no choice really.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

18 at 27 is not that many really, thats only 2 a year if she started at 16!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Topics about sex and sexuality are offtopic on this board. However 18 sounds perfectly normal for a woman of 27 to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Depends on your standards of whether a girl is a cheap ho or a classy lady. 18 would be average for a cheap ho I suppose. Also, clit commando, you watch too many Jay and Silent Bob movies! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,319 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Kinda ironic name with a question like that......

Anyway, I don't think there is an average number, it varies from person to person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

50+ would bother me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Whats that rule of thumb again? Oh yeah, whenever asked that particular question a man will lie and answer with a number that is triple his actual total. A woman conversely will also lie but answer with a number that is one third of her actual total.

So 18 eh? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

dublindude wrote:
    50+ would bother me.

yeah right, so the mother of your precious babies could have shagged 45 lads before you and you wouldn't be bothered eh? eh? eh? eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Neuro

How many sexual partners would the average Irish 27 year old women have had assuming they started having sex at 16? My girlfriend is 27 and has had 18.

It is statistically incorrect to ask what's the average number of sexual partners a woman, or indeed a man, has had, for such data tends to be positively skewed: that is, it's possible for individuals to have 100+ partners, but impossible for any individual to have a negative number of sexual partners. Therefore, those individuals who are most sexually active tend to greatly inflate the average.

The correct way to analyse data with non-standard variance is to use the median, not the average or mean. The median of a set of data is the value that lies midway in the dataset after the data has been sorted in ascending, or descending, order.

In my opinion, the median number of sexual partners a 27 year-old Irish female has had would probably lie in the low to mid single-digit range.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Read the Charter.

Thread Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement