Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help !! Was I too late applying for the reserves 2012

• 23-07-2012 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi I just applied for the reserves last week , do use think I'm too late applying I put a note on my application saying I was willing to travel anywere in Ireland to sit the interview but now I'm worrying have I left it to late to have a chance getting into the reserves when there recruiting now ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Recruitment is still on going so you're not too late. The plan is to have the numbers of reserves at 10% of the entire force which would be about 1,300 reservists. Its possible that they might recruit past this number also. Latest figures suggest there's about 900 serving reserves and another 200 in training.

Also, recruitment probably wont stop it'll just slow down with small intakes to replace those that leave. Average of about 35 leave each year.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 EimearM1

Recruitment is still on going so you're not too late. The plan is to have the numbers of reserves at 10% of the entire force which would be about 1,300 reservists. Its possible that they might recruit past this number also. Latest figures suggest there's about 900 serving reserves and another 200 in training.

Also, recruitment probably wont stop it'll just slow down with small intakes to replace those that leave. Average of about 35 leave each year.

Thanks for that , just better have patience now and try and prepare myself for the interview :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Altezza98

Have you heard anything? I have a friend who did his interview back around April and he has been told that he will be waiting :rolleyes: alot of applications gone in ahead of his, so I was wondering if you had heard anything ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 daedalus177

Hi Altezza98.

I applied about a few weeks ago myself and on the advice of another person here on boards i rang PAS regarding interviews on Wednesday. there are indeed some going on at the moment, Cork and Sligo was mentioned. I was also told interviews are planned for Dublin the coming weeks. Im not sure where you're living but I was told they would fit me in for an interview in Dublin as I was willing to travel. it might be worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 wannabe1

Hi, Iv just send in my application for GR tonight... Do you think I was too late in applying this year or could there be a possibility that i will be given an interview this year?

Also, Do you think I have any chance in getting into the GR as I am only 18 (19 in November)? I am very mature for my age and I am heavily involved in my community...

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

wannabe1 wrote: »
    Hi, Iv just send in my application for GR tonight... Do you think I was too late in applying this year or could there be a possibility that i will be given an interview this year?

Also, Do you think I have any chance in getting into the GR as I am only 18 (19 in November)? I am very mature for my age and I am heavily involved in my community...

Thanks

Look don't worry about it been to late, if they didn't want anymore people they would stop the process. As for your age at 18, I am 22. I applied when I was 21, so it takes time, by the time it comes to get trained up and on the street you could be about 20 anyway.

If ye have a good record and prove yourself to them, they will see you as a fresh brain to work with.

Best of luck.

Hi Altezza98.

I applied about a few weeks ago myself and on the advice of another person here on boards i rang PAS regarding interviews on Wednesday. there are indeed some going on at the moment, Cork and Sligo was mentioned. I was also told interviews are planned for Dublin the coming weeks. Im not sure where you're living but I was told they would fit me in for an interview in Dublin as I was willing to travel. it might be worth a shot.

Oh I did the interview long time ago,, I have passed out and have my station ;) I'm just asking had she heard anything.
    Where about's in Tipperary are you from?

Ahh my apologies, Im from near North Tipp myself. Where are you stationed and how do you find the GR if you dont mind me asking?

Ahh my apologies, Im from near Newport myself. Where are you stationed and how do you find the GR if you dont mind me asking?

I sent you a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

hey guys,

I applied today for the reserves.

I know it is a long process and patience is needed.

I can see AGS recruiting more and more reserves to 'cod' the public into thinking that the streets are safer.Which they are very much not.

In my honest opinion. I see the reserves as being the way forward into the future.With Ireland being as broke as it is :(

Who knows!

• Advertisement

Hi guys I applied about 2 months ago and rang public jobs last week and they told me they would fit me in now in September for an interview in Dublin as I am willing to travel

EimearM1 wrote: »
    Hi guys I applied about 2 months ago and rang public jobs last week and they told me they would fit me in now in September for an interview in Dublin as I am willing to travel

Thats great news Eimear..

Did you put in a note stating that you d travel yes or did you just ring?

:D

Canyon86 wrote: »
    Thats great news Eimear..

Did you put in a note stating that you d travel yes or did you just ring?

:D

Yea i was ment to put in a not with my form but i forgot so i just rang them a good few times make sure they havnt forgotten about me :P

Yea i was ment to put in a not with my form but i forgot so i just rang them a good few times make sure they havnt forgotten about me :P

Very good..

Think I ll do the same..

reserves are def here to stay and will only get bigger :)

What else are you doing to pass the time? are you working or in college? :)

im just in college and working and im repeating my maths 1 evening a week as well

im just in college and working and im repeating my maths 1 evening a week as well

Very good Eimear.

have you the reccomendations looked after?:D

HI Eimear,

I couldnt help but notice that you applied around the same time as me and opted for dublin for the interview? Have you heard anything yet? As I just recieved a letter today offereing me a place for an interview on the 18th of October.

HI Eimear,

I couldnt help but notice that you applied around the same time as me and opted for dublin for the interview? Have you heard anything yet? As I just recieved a letter today offereing me a place for an interview on the 18th of October.

Hi there
    Yea I got my letter for the 18th in Dublin aswell , aghhh I'm so nervous :) time to prepare outselfs :D

Thats great, we'll no doubt cross paths up there, have you been doing much preparation?

Thats great, we'll no doubt cross paths up there, have you been doing much preparation?

A wee bit just going over things in my head on what to say , my head will probable blank on the day!! My interviews at 11.30 n writing test at 12.45 n I'm driving from donegal so il have plenty of time to go over things in my head when I'm driving down too!!! :)have you been doing much preparing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 enforcer44

TO ALL RESERVES APPLYING I WAS IN THE THIRD PHASE BACK FIVE YEARS AGO AND IT TOOK TWO YEARS TO THE DAY TO FINALLY START TRAINING THE ONLY THING I CAN SAY IS BE PATIENT VERY PATIENT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

enforcer44 wrote: »
    TO ALL RESERVES APPLYING I WAS IN THE THIRD PHASE BACK FIVE YEARS AGO AND IT TOOK TWO YEARS TO THE DAY TO FINALLY START TRAINING THE ONLY THING I CAN SAY IS BE PATIENT VERY PATIENT

3rd phase of training or the application ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Done my interview and exam on the 22nd of November in Carrikmacross, Submitting my BR on Monday to my local station then I sit tight!!

Hate the waiting but it will be worth it :cool:

Id say most of us will be at the same medical as they probably wait for numbers to climb.

Best of luck to all

Advertisement