Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CASE IH 1056 4WD Fault

• 13-07-2012 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi all anyone have any experience with the 1056 case ih we are
    having no luck with getting it to select 4wd changed filters oil
    checked valves still its stuck in 2wd any help would be great!
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭case956tom

ci985 wrote: »
    Hi all anyone have any experience with the 1056 case ih we are
    having no luck with getting it to select 4wd changed filters oil
    checked valves still its stuck in 2wd any help would be great!
    Thanks in advance
    i think its the 4wd switch or the relay more likely the switch, try pulling the plug apart with the two wires near the 4wd solenoid that should put it into 4wd, is the spool valve under the solenoid free to move?what are the brakes/hand brake like? as filings from these can jam the spool valve, does the tractor select 4wd when you press the brakes?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ci985

Hi the valve was moving freeely when the filter was off the solnied
    is working as we had it off and tried it out of the housing on the switch
    handbrake and foot brakes are good oil pressure switch goes out as normal
    no four wheel drive with the brakes applied im thinking the fault may be in the brake unit that the oil passes through before reaching the transfer
    box but no one seems to know much about this if i just blank off the pipes
    and stop the oil going to the transfer box will that give me four wheel drive??

Hi the valve was moving freeely when the filter was off the solnied
    is working as we had it off and tried it out of the housing on the switch
    handbrake and foot brakes are good oil pressure switch goes out as normal
    no four wheel drive with the brakes applied im thinking the fault may be in the brake unit that the oil passes through before reaching the transfer
    box but no one seems to know much about this if i just blank off the pipes
    and stop the oil going to the transfer box will that give me four wheel drive??
    stopping oil flow to the transfer box will give you 4wd,did you try switching the solenoid on and off on top of the filter or had you that solenoid off?it might be the solenoid valve at the back of the accumulator.im more familiar with the 30k versions as in the 956 rather than a 40k,

I had the soleniod off the top of the filter it is working ok the valve inside the filter housing is moving freely with a push of a screwdriver! Do you think the soleniod on the back of the brake accumalator is linked to the 4wd so if its stuck oil will get through! Thing is there is two soleniods on the accumaltor one top and one to the rear of it! Someone suggested bypassing the accumalator altogether and piping straight from filter to the transfer box! Would this have an adverse effect on the brake system? Mine is 40k is there much difference in the 30k set up? Have you had any such trouble??

I had the soleniod off the top of the filter it is working ok the valve inside the filter housing is moving freely with a push of a screwdriver! Do you think the soleniod on the back of the brake accumalator is linked to the 4wd so if its stuck oil will get through! Thing is there is two soleniods on the accumaltor one top and one to the rear of it! Someone suggested bypassing the accumalator altogether and piping straight from filter to the transfer box! Would this have an adverse effect on the brake system? Mine is 40k is there much difference in the 30k set up? Have you had any such trouble??
    hi its a pressure switch thats on top of the accumulator,you could take out the solenoid at the back of the accumulator and try switching on and off it may be jammed, a manual im reading here says when you switch on the 4wd it switches off the power to the pressure sw and solenoid and the accumulator empties of oil,you could bypass the accu the pipe from the filter to the 4wd box off a 956 will fit,braking would prob be better with the accu other than that there should be no issues really,30k tractors dont have the accu as they only brake using the rear wheels,ive had a few probs but it is the oppisite of yours my one drops into 4wd from time to time.

• Advertisement

Hi thats brilliant thanks for all your help im going to bypass the acc and see if i get 4wd
    if so i will put a manual valve up into the cab and eliminate the electrics altogether
    i will post here how i get on? where did you get the manual??

Hi thats brilliant thanks for all your help im going to bypass the acc and see if i get 4wd
    if so i will put a manual valve up into the cab and eliminate the electrics altogether
    i will post here how i get on? where did you get the manual??
    hi they can give a bit of trouble simplifing the whole 4wd could be the right way,i have a couple of manuals here i got them on e bay, proper workshop manuals used to be very hard to get for the 56 series.
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/CASE-IH-844-56-956-1056-SERVICE-TRAINING-MANUAL-/300740180098?pt=UK_BOI_FarmingEquipment_RL&hash=item460582f882 http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Case-956-1056-Workshop-Parts-Operators-Manuals-/120951696226?pt=UK_BOI_FarmingEquipment_RL&hash=item1c29486b62 these are the two i have,theres a lot of useful info in both.

Hey there I finished the bypass last night checked it and was working great!
    Removed the brake acc and put a gate valve in between the orignal pipes!
    Operate this with a cable up inside the cab so now we just need some weather
    to get some harvest started to test it properly! Thanks for all the help!!

Advertisement