Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Ok, I've looked up how much it'll cost to tax.

€225 for 12 months. :( I'm not quite as excited as I was.

Although the ability to continue to go to work is kind of necessary.

Let's find someone to tax both our cars! (Ok, that's my half of the plan, you have to come with the rest.)

Good plan! You adopt me as your child and then marry someone really famous and that's that taken care of! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Choosing pizza topping is genuinely one of lifes hardest tasks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Do i make pizza for me and chicken for mum or be healthy and have chicken too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

The devastating moment when you go to creep on facebook and he deactivated his profile to study. I never believed he'd actually follow through with it but I guess the exams are his finals so I completely understand why. Still, what will I do to procrastinate now!? :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

bluewolf wrote: »
    Do i make pizza for me and chicken for mum or be healthy and have chicken too...

make fajitas ! loads of peppers,red onion,mushroom etc : )

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Nah not going to shop...i am actually gonna be making it with bbq fajita spice though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

€225 for 12 months. :( I'm not quite as excited as I was.

Although the ability to continue to go to work is kind of necessary.

Let's find someone to tax both our cars! (Ok, that's my half of the plan, you have to come with the rest.)

Thats not too bad, What car is it?
    Our main car cost 500 for the year (verso 7 seater for the kids)

My little car (yaris 99) used to cost 146 for the year, be thinking that has gone up , its due for renewal in june, but im thinking of selling it and get a newer model prehaps a 06... All depends on cash flow in the month of June :/

Did prawns for 2 of the kids, did pizza for the little guy, i had 1 small slice myself :D and im doing hot chicken salad for my husband who is due home from work in 15 Min's...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

€225 for 12 months. :( I'm not quite as excited as I was.)

Ah would you feck off, my car is almost €700 a year to tax :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Nah not going to shop...i am actually gonna be making it with bbq fajita spice though :)

well that's something anyway : )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Novella wrote: »
    Good plan! You adopt me as your child and then marry someone really famous and that's that taken care of! :)

Excellent plan. I'll try and be all wise and stuff at the beginning but because we're about the same age and therefore you're probably more mature than me, you'll actually end up teaching me. Through in a musical number and a scene where we race both of the newly taxed cars to prevent a nuclear bomb from exploding the internet as part of a subplot where the money wife is actually an evil corporation in human form and we have a perfectly serviceable heart-warming movie.
    The devastating moment when you go to creep on facebook and he deactivated his profile to study. I never believed he'd actually follow through with it but I guess the exams are his finals so I completely understand why. Still, what will I do to procrastinate now!? :p

Stalk him in real life?

It's not scary if he doesn't know you're doing it....

Mine is 125 to tax every 3 months no way i do it for the year

I haven't taxed mine for the year in I dunno how long, I never have the money. €186 every three months. Galls me every time I pay it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Honey-ec wrote: »

:eek:

Mine is €140 for 3 months I think.

We do the verso for 3 or six months never the year costs i think around 136 for 3 months.

Do the yaris for the year as its managable and i can forget about it for 12 months :)

Stalk him in real life?

It's not scary if he doesn't know you're doing it....

Limited opportunities these days, unfortunately! I do what I can though and I think we're going for lunch at some stage next week so it's not so bad. I'll just miss my daily trip to his page where I gaze adoringly at his profile photo :p

However very soon I will be alluding to the fact that I like him quite a bit more than he probably realises, it just depends on the right moment and me not chickening out...

I haven't taxed mine for the year in I dunno how long, I never have the money. €186 every three months. Galls me every time I pay it.

Do you ever think 'havent i just paid this' or 'oh no not again' when the letter comes through the door every 3 months..... Time flies!

:eek: Wow it is expensive to keep a car on the road!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Wtf? :confused:

€200 is actually a good bit of money to me, I don't have a stable income at the moment (work for me is actually a placement as part of training).

That's not as bad as yours, but then again, my car is obviously smaller than yours (and a good bit cheaper too, I'd wager).

So no, I will not feck off. I don't give a shít how much extra yours is compared to mine. Your finances are of no concern to me and mine are not of concern to you.

Feel free to post about how annoying it is to have a bill of €700, but leave me the hell out of it please.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

The morning in college absolutely DRAGGED, so I legged it at lunch time as the afternoon lectures draaagggg on a good day.

Got home to my little 16 month old nephew shouting my name.

Meeeeeeebb :D

• Advertisement

Wtf? :confused:

€200 is actually a good bit of money to me, I don't have a stable income at the moment (work for me is actually a placement as part of training).

That's not as bad as yours, but then again, my car is obviously smaller than yours (and a good bit cheaper too, I'd wager).

So no, I will not feck off. I don't give a shít how much extra yours is compared to mine. Your finances are of no concern to me and mine are not of concern to you.

Feel free to post about how annoying it is to have a bill of €700, but leave me the hell out of it please.

I think this is one of those times that the tone of a post has been misread...

Anyways! :) I'm finished work for the weekend, tra la la la la! Delighted.

:eek: Wow it is expensive to keep a car on the road!

Tax, insurance, tyres, nct, servicing, unforeseen problems (in the last year the verso has needed a new gear box, a set of tyres, brake pads x4 and a new starter-motor) we dread it every time something goes wrong.

little car has had nothing go wrong with it in the 3 years ive owned it, its a handy car :)

Acoshla wrote: »
    I think this is one of those times that the tone of a post has been misread...

Eh, hell to the yeah!

Jesus, chillax, dude, I wasn't having a go at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Excellent plan. I'll try and be all wise and stuff at the beginning but because we're about the same age and therefore you're probably more mature than me, you'll actually end up teaching me. Through in a musical number and a scene where we race both of the newly taxed cars to prevent a nuclear bomb from exploding the internet as part of a subplot where the money wife is actually an evil corporation in human form and we have a perfectly serviceable heart-warming movie..

Well money wife never has to see me! You can just say my evil mother keeps me locked up and she is demanding money in exchange for letting you spend time with your daughter! (Eighty-six euro every three months is what she requires! :pac:)

Then we meet at a top secret location and you give me a briefcase! Although maybe a briefcase is a bit extreme... But I kinda like the idea!

YOU COULD HAVE CHOSEN SOMEONE BETTER TO MARRY!!! :(

My boyfriend's bill for his vintage car would dwarf anything on this thread that people pay to keep cars on the road, and his doesn't even see the road most of the time!! His insurance and tax on it are incredibly low, tax is €100 for the year or something, but trying to get it to not fall apart costs a fortune, I've taken to calling it The Money Pit in recent months.

Tax, insurance, tyres, nct, servicing, unforeseen problems (in the last year the verso has needed a new gear box, a set of tyres, brake pads x4 and a new starter-motor) we dread it every time something goes wrong.

little car has had nothing go wrong with it in the 3 years ive owned it, its a handy car :)

And petrol too, don't forget petrol! :p I was talking to my dad about him taking me to the airport when I'm going to Paris (I'd normally just get the bus to Dublin and then the bus out, which is what I'll be doing before the week in London but I'm basically emigrating for the year so will have lots of baggage and thought it'd be nice for everyone to say goodbye in the airport) and offered to throw him some money towards the petrol. I nearly had a stroke when he said it'd be a good bit over 20 euro if he charged me properly, not including the tolls on the road! :eek: Absolute madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Just ordered €22 worth of Dominos for...me :o

[

And petrol too, don't forget petrol! :p I was talking to my dad about him taking me to the airport when I'm going to Paris (I'd normally just get the bus to Dublin and then the bus out, which is what I'll be doing before the week in London but I'm basically emigrating for the year so will have lots of baggage and thought it'd be nice for everyone to say goodbye in the airport) and offered to throw him some money towards the petrol. I nearly had a stroke when he said it'd be a good bit over 20 euro if he charged me properly, not including the tolls on the road! :eek: Absolute madness.

Don't talk to me about petrol, we are tipping on1.70.

When I first started driving 5/6 years ago it was tipping off the euro mark.

I can still remember my dad filling up the car and it was 29pence a liter.

Most of that is tax,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Ah CRAP :(

yet another hole in my trousers... I don't get why this keeps happening!? :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement