Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your best sober day

• 29-04-2012 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭

Out of all the sober days, for me being sober on sunday are the best, They were always the days I felt worse, Always went a bit overboard the night before knowing I wasn't up early, Except I was in the house much longer in the mornings, Sunday mornings usually saw me grumpy, irritable, sluggish, unmotivated and feeling ill.

Who wants to be a person like that? Who wants to be a husband/father like that?

I NEVER EVER lose the feeling of complete and utter gratefulness that I am no longer that person, I never forget the person I used to be and instead of looking back in shame, I pour my energy and efforts into being the best person I can be in the present moment.

That's all I can do.

Whats your worse hangover or best sober day ?:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭seanrose

has to be a monday for me

when i was drinking heavy i used to just write of a monday
    i had no drive or concentration and it was just a waste of a day
    if i did work i was good for nothing and if i was really bad i would just ly in my bed snozzing and tossing and turning.

now i get so much done on a monday now and it sets me up so well for the rest of the week.after work now i go to the gym/pool for an hour and then go home to watch a bit of tv,just relax really and do know how good it feels compared to how a monday was before

before a sleep on a monday night was horror and i would spend the night tossing and turning and so much would be going through my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭hubba

Probably Thursday or Friday for me, towards the end of the working week, when I would be EXHAUSTED, drinking in the evenings after work, never quite getting a good night's sleep, and all those weekday early mornings in a row. By Friday evening I'll be absolutely wrecked and good for nothing. Except the pub of course. Vicious cycle, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

Sunday for me.

Normally it'd be a complete write-off or a day of misery as I struggled to get the workload out of the way...

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭JonBon27

everyday now:) loving not drinking anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭libnation

The weirdest (and best) feeling is when you wake up on Monday, and you still dread work and miss your warm bed but oddly enough you realise there is a huge difference in how you feel if you had been drinking Friday or Saturday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

Every weekday for me. Before I used to dread going to work because I knew I was just barely keeping my head above water and sooner or later the boss would realise that I was not up for the job. Midweek drinking didn't help! Then I took a month off work over christmas to get my head together with a sick note saying I was suffering from stress - if they only knew. Now I'm back in work and impossible tasks are just that... impossible... but at least im going in with a clear head every morning and am getting way more help and my little achievements mean so much more than the massive spoofs I had to pull off when I had my head up my arse...

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

Today :)

Just got an extension on my contract which will cover my maternity leave too :)

That so wouldn't have happened in the cluster fcuk that was 2011.

Thank you sobriety gods!!!! xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Sunday morning, getting up about 9am with a clear head and a relaxed body. Walking to shop with the ipod in to get the paper, sitting down to read it with a big pot of freshly brewed coffee, making a big breakfast for me and the missus and then the whole day is ours, go for a walk, watch some sport or go for a drive. Sit down for the evening and watch a movie or some good TV.
    In previous days it was: wake up at 7am feeling like my head is in a vice, get up and puke my guts up, back to bed, can't sleep, get up, check the wallet to see that i spent a fortune, stave off the fear of what i said and who I insulted tthe night before, feel like death, back to bed, get up about 6pm, Struggle to keep some greasy take-away food down, go to bed at 10, lay there wide awake til 2am, and that was an average Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

Tuesdays, no more Suicide-Tuesdays!

Usually on Mondays I was still so physically wrecked from the weekend (and sometimes still a little drunk) that I found it comical to actually be in work.

But on Tuesday morning I had to start dealing with reality, the week's workload would seem beyond impossible, seretonin levels would be utterly depleted from supplements at the weekend, leaving me feeling completely disillusioned with every aspect of my life.

Its truly liberating to realize that it doesnt have to be that way anymore!

6 months and counting :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

anhedonia wrote: »
    Tuesdays, no more Suicide-Tuesdays!

Usually on Mondays I was still so physically wrecked from the weekend (and sometimes still a little drunk) that I found it comical to actually be in work.

But on Tuesday morning I had to start dealing with reality, the week's workload would seem beyond impossible, seretonin levels would be utterly depleted from supplements at the weekend, leaving me feeling completely disillusioned with every aspect of my life.

Its truly liberating to realize that it doesnt have to be that way anymore!

6 months and counting :)

Good work :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement